Generic Moderator for Warnings

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

What's New in Version 1.1.0

New feature:

• Add the ability to choose a generic moderator per warning reason.
    • If a moderator isn't provided for a specific reason, the moderator from the app settings will be used

Instructions:

Plugin converted to an application due to an IPS request. Simply install the application and it will take care of everything:

• Will copy the plugin data to a proper application table
  • Will copy the settings
  • Will uninstall the plugin

Screenshot5.png.06dce596e575c2ea61ad5f66

FWIW the plugin wasn't uninstalled automatically for me.

And… if you don't set a generic warning for each warning type, does it… not work? I had set the generic moderator in the App-specific settings (this app), but still had to go into each Warning I have and enable generic warnings and then add the moderator specifically again.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

A background task runs after the app install to move data from the plugin to the app table. Plugin will be uninstalled after this process.

No, you don’t need to set a moderator for each type. It will use the setting if it hasn’t.

Worked fine to me. Can’t reproduce.

Well, I went in and saw that the plugin was still installed, and uninstalled it manually. Maybe the background task didn't have a chance to run, as you didn't say anything about it above.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe the background task didn't have a chance to run, as you didn't say anything about it above

I did:

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

A background task runs after the app install to move data from the plugin to the app table. Plugin will be uninstalled after this process.

So let me try again, in a simpler way. A background task is fired when the app is installed; last process on it, actually. As you might know, background tasks (queue) runs based on a task that runs at every minute or so, if you’re using Cron; if you’re not, it might take a few minutes. After start, it will copy the data from the plugin table to a new table created by the app. Depending on how many records you have, it can take more than one batch to go through all records and insert into new table. The whole process can take a few minutes, again, depending on your server configuration/number of records.

So if you went immediately to Plugins page and manually uninstalled it, you deleted the data from real moderators of your warnings. All you had to do was: go to Dashboard (you would see the background task there); wait a couple of minutes or even ask in this topic before uninstall the plugin.

Btw, I’ll release a new version to add a routine (existing in the plugin and forgotten in the app) to swap the generic moderators for the real one when uninstalling the app.

I did:

You didn't say anything about it here, when I saw the post and installed the update:

On 7/7/2023 at 8:15 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Plugin converted to an application due to an IPS request. Simply install the application and it will take care of everything:

• Will copy the plugin data to a proper application table
  • Will copy the settings
  • Will uninstall the plugin

Installing the update did not "uninstall the plugin" from what I could tell, and you didn't say anything about waiting for a background task to run.

So let me try again, in a simpler way. A background task is fired when the app is installed; last process on it, actually. As you might know, background tasks (queue) runs based on a task that runs at every minute or so, if you’re using Cron; if you’re not, it might take a few minutes.

So either it hadn't run yet or it failed when I looked at the plugins.

So if you went immediately to Plugins page and manually uninstalled it, you deleted the data from real moderators of your warnings. All you had to do was: go to Dashboard (you would see the background task there); wait a couple of minutes or even ask in this topic before uninstall the plugin.

This would have been helpful information for you to have put in your initial post about this update.

Edited by iacas
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. Just go to the marketplace in your ACP and you will see an upgrade notice. If you can’t see it, search for generic in the ACP marketplace and update it.

EDIT: make sure the plugin was installed after the upgrade. It is an application now.

Apologies. We have searched for plugins and apps in Marketplace, and we cannot find it. Very strange.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.