Vimeo embed not working

LukasGr.

13 minutes ago, LukasGr. said:

I am wondering why inserting a vimeo video link is not automatically displaying the video frame but keep the link? In this forum I can embed vimeo videos and it is dealing the correct way. Where can I see the default embed services?

Did you do the special requirement of entering a new line after embedding the link?  That's one of the YouTube embedding issues that are hitting people and it honestly would not surprise me if it effected other media embeds.

3 hours ago, LukasGr. said:

read through your topic but seems like there is still no solution or any explanation why this could stop working. :( 

I don't think they have quite a fix for it yet. They told me they are working on a solution for it though.

Just noticed that Vimeo stopped working for me too. It works here (so the tested videos can be embedded). It works with YouTube (so the video embedding itself works). But every video URL from Vimeo will not be converted anymore and instead posted as “<p ipsnoembed="true">…” on my site. It did work in the past. 

I highly doubt this is a browser issue. Since it is happening only on certain sites, it seems to be related to the call the server (the site is running on) is making to Vimeo. 
But it worked for me in the past on 4.0, but not anymore on 4.1. Was something changed regarding the embedding calls recently?

I had an issue with the virus software I'm running - Kaspersky.  The issue was with Twitter / instagram Embeds.  Kaspersky has a Private Browsing feature which Blocks detected requests.  It defaults to blocking.  I had to switch it to detect the request but not block the request.  I tested it out with videos (YT and Vimeo) and it didn't seem to affect how the videos were posted.. though it did affect the twitter / instagram embeds.  I'm not saying this is the cause of this issue, but it's something to look at being that it was blocking twitter / instagram for me at one point.

1 hour ago, opentype said:

I highly doubt this is a browser issue. Since it is happening only on certain sites, it seems to be related to the call the server (the site is running on) is making to Vimeo. 
But it worked for me in the past on 4.0, but not anymore on 4.1. Was something changed regarding the embedding calls recently?

I think the reason why it is working here is because this community is running an "ad-hoc" test version and the not the release we have on our own communities?

So here is the fix for my commuinity that IPB provided. Neither I nor they will provide any support for this. They stated it would be included in 4.1.6 (2 versions from now). Hope its OK to post this here. 

Here is the diff between the new and the original.

system/Http/Request/Sockets.php

151c151,159
< 		$location = ( isset( $this->url->data['path'] ) ? $this->url->data['path'] : '' ) . ( !empty( $this->url->queryString ) ? ( '?' . http_build_query( $this->url->queryString ) ) : '' ) . ( isset( $this->url->data['fragment'] ) ? "#{$this->url->data['fragment']}" : '' );
---
> 		$pathPos = ( isset( $this->url->data['path'] ) ) ? mb_strpos( str_replace( $this->url->data['host'], '', $this->url ), $this->url->data['path'] ) : FALSE;
> 		if ( $pathPos !== FALSE )
> 		{
> 			$location = mb_substr( str_replace( $this->url->data['host'], '', $this->url ), $pathPos );
> 		}
> 		else
> 		{
> 			$location = ( isset( $this->url->data['path'] ) ? $this->url->data['path'] : '' ) . ( !empty( $this->url->queryString ) ? ( '?' . http_build_query( $this->url->queryString ) ) : '' ) . ( isset( $this->url->data['fragment'] ) ? "#{$this->url->data['fragment']}" : '' );
>

Archived