Unanswered Threads / Topics with Zero Posts

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Only problem I have with it is that if there are no topics with 0 replies then the block is still there.

I didn’t see the script as I don’t have it but it’s enough to use something like:

if( ! \count( $topics ) )
{
     return “”;
}

Assuming it has a $topics variables array. 

Place this before the widget output. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

2 hours ago, Paul E. said:

@Fosters, how does this handle displaying a thread with zero replies to a person with no permission to reply to it?

For example, a thread that has been closed, or a thread where permission is that a person can read it, but not reply.

The same way as you see in the screenshot. It's just a list of topics which the user is allowed to view and it's using the default topic rows template for the output.

2 minutes ago, Fosters said:

The same way as you see in the screenshot. It's just a list of topics which the user is allowed to view and it's using the default topic rows template for the output.

So, a closed thread with no replies will show up in the view to a user who has permission to view that thread, even though they can't post a reply?

For example, if I create an announcement/pinned thread that is closed to replies, a standard user who can view that message will still see it in this view you've created?

2 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

So, a closed thread with no replies will show up in the view to a user who has permission to view that thread, even though they can't post a reply?

For example, if I create an announcement/pinned thread that is closed to replies, a standard user who can view that message will still see it in this view you've created?

Yes, because it's still a thread with 0 replies, BUT I see what you mean 😉
I'll see if I can add a setting for this.

5 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Yes, because it's still a thread with 0 replies, BUT I see what you mean 😉
I'll see if I can add a setting for this.

What would be nice is to only show threads with zero replies for a given user for threads that they can actually reply to. So, if a thread is archived, or the user only has read but not post permission, or the thread is closed to new replies, etc. This would make it an actionable view: "Hey, here's threads you should consider replying to!" with the goal of getting the number displayed down to zero (everyone gets a response)

Would be an instant purchase if it worked this way.