Manage Validating Members

About This File

This plugin allows you to conveniently manage (approve or ban) your validation queue from the public side, if you use Administrator validation or Email and administrator validation on new registrations. Only Admins with no restriction on ACP will be able to view/use the widget.

See how it works:

Compatibility:

• IPS Community 4.1.X
  • IPS Community 4.0.X

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7792-manage-validating-members/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the previous version of this, and I am looking to upgrade my community soon and this is one of the most important plugins we have. Question: How can I go about including a profile field or two on the approve page? For example, lets say I want my members to choose a game when they register, how can I show what game they chose in that profile field on the approval queue page.

On January 9, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Eric Smeets said:

I've noticed that the app freezes since the latest updates. It sits in "Approving" Mode without finishing the task.

I have to manually go to the ACP and validate.

Same problem here. After update to IPB 4.1.6.1, clicking Approve is activated but just sits displaying "Approving". I had to go in and manually approve, as I used to, in the ACP. I have disabled the plugin and waiting for a fix.

On 09/01/2016 at 1:04 PM, Eric Smeets said:

I've noticed that the app freezes since the latest updates. It sits in "Approving" Mode without finishing the task.

On 11/01/2016 at 6:37 PM, JWSOUNDGROUP said:

Same problem here. After update to IPB 4.1.6.1, clicking Approve is activated but just sits displaying "Approving". I had to go in and manually approve, as I used to, in the ACP. I have disabled the plugin and waiting for a fix.

Just updated to 4.1.7 and I can confirm it. Will take a look.

On 09/01/2016 at 1:04 PM, Eric Smeets said:

On 11/01/2016 at 6:37 PM, JWSOUNDGROUP said:

What's New in Version 3.0.2:

• Compatibility version with IPS 4.1.6+

Awesome! Went ahead and purchased this plugin. Only question is: When I add the widget, I go to edit it as I assume there are some settings such as which groups can use it etc, but it doesn't display any settings. It starts to the the settings and then just minimizes it.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

No setting, as described:

So I can't assign usergroups to use this? The previous version for 3.4, I was able to assign some user groups to be able to validate members, this is pretty important for my community as I have moderators that run gaming divisions and they validate members that are joining them. Will this be a feature in the future?

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

ANY member with ACP access and with NO restriction there, will be able to use the widget.

I don't need a setting to this.

So only administrators are able to use this, but what I am asking is if it would be possible to allow moderators to use this feature. The previous version I was able to either make it so anyone with ACP access or certain user groups could use the plugin, is this possible to do with this version? Referring to this - 2e6a8767fe9a006adebff069923df84e-screens

I will give you an advice that you REALLY should listen: before you buy something, MAKE A PRE-SALE QUESTION! Just because the old version of the plugin has a setting, it doesn't mean that I HAVE TO ADD this setting on new version.

So are you asking to remove the whole security thing from ACP and add a simple check by user group? So if anyone on your board enables it to Guests, it's fine to you?

Will other users that bought this agree with you? This is not a custom plugin made only to you.

It is not like I am blind, I read the "Only Admins with no restriction on ACP will be able to view/use the widget." and I understood that before I purchased the plugin. I assumed you are open to suggestions as most developers are. This was a feature in the previous version so I assumed that it would be something in this one as well as features usually carry over unless there was a issue with it in the past. I have 2 administrators that would be able to change it to guests, which they wouldn't because they are competent and I trust them. I think having a feature that would allow administrators to give user groups the ability to approve validating members would be useful and I am sure people would agree, as it wasn't a issue in the past why would it be now.

Is there something specific that would make this feature a bad idea? I mean it was one of the first features suggestion when you released the previous version........

bUTdVbl.png

So I do agree with you, this plugin is in no way made for me, but yes I would say people would agree with me that having the ability to assign user groups to be able to use this feature would benefit some communities, and the communities that don't want that can make it so only administrators have the ability to use it.

Thank you for your quick responses, and I am enjoying the plugin so far.

Problem with current update: the update solved the previous problem where validating members would display on site but clicking on "Approve" would just hang and never approve. New problem (bug) is that when the plugin is enabled, new registrations are not displayed at all but are automatically approved, overriding my setting for administrator manual approval. So, I have had to disable the plugin. Disabling the plugin things have returned to normal: someone registers, I go to ACP and Approve, done deal.

5 hours ago, JWSOUNDGROUP said:

New problem (bug) is that when the plugin is enabled, new registrations are not displayed at all but are automatically approved, overriding my setting for administrator manual approval. So, I have had to disable the plugin. Disabling the plugin things have returned to normal: someone registers, I go to ACP and Approve, done deal.

Can't confirm this. I approved a few users on weekend like I always did. I will ask this for the other admin who makes this everyday on my board.

Anyway, I really find is hard to auto approve since it is not programmed to do that. It should do:

1 - list the users via widget

2 - approve when you click in the button, which is only a shortcut to a method os \IPS\Member.

Does anyone else can confirm this?

8 hours ago, JWSOUNDGROUP said:

Problem with current update: the update solved the previous problem where validating members would display on site but clicking on "Approve" would just hang and never approve. New problem (bug) is that when the plugin is enabled, new registrations are not displayed at all but are automatically approved, overriding my setting for administrator manual approval. So, I have had to disable the plugin. Disabling the plugin things have returned to normal: someone registers, I go to ACP and Approve, done deal.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can't confirm this. I approved a few users on weekend like I always did. I will ask this for the other admin who makes this everyday on my board.

Right now on my live 4.1.7 board:

Sem_t_tulo.png

No one is begin automatically approved!

On 1/19/2016 at 4:58 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Not a big thing to me. You should know what's best for your community.

What's New in Version 3.1.0:

• Added a widget setting to admin decide who can manage validating queue: if only admins or users from specific user groups. ADMINS is the default value, so nothing will change for those who already use the plugin.

Screenshot_3.png

Thank you for adding this feature. On my forum, I am the only individual with access to the ACP.  I am also manually validating users (after email validation) to stop spammers.  I would love to offload some of the validation to a few moderators I trust to do so, without giving them access to the ACP.  Plus, this mod will make it easier for me to validate users as well.  

Edited by AtariAge
On January 26, 2016 at 0:41 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Anyway, I really find is hard to auto approve since it is not programmed to do that. It should do:

1 - list the users via widget

2 - approve when you click in the button, which is only a shortcut to a method os \IPS\Member.

Does anyone else can confirm this?

UPDATE: Problem still exists, for me, if the plug-in is enabled when people register they do not appear onsite as having registered. Also, when going to ACP to Approve their registration, they are already (automatically) approved. With the plugin disabled, everything works as expected: people register, I get an email notification to sign in to ACP and Approve their registration, I do this and all is well. If I enable the plugin, I'm back to the situation I describe. Sorry you are not able to demonstrate this behavior so I understand you will not be able to fix it. I liked what the plugin did before when it was working properly for me, but now my only recourse is to disable it and stop using it.

2 hours ago, JWSOUNDGROUP said:

Sorry you are not able to demonstrate this behavior so I understand you will not be able to fix it.

It's not happening to me. Now on my board:

Capturar1.png

Capturar2.png

Capturar3.png

I will tag other buyers to see if this also happens to them.

@ssaeth_merged @PirateCaptain @Eric Smeets @TLV_RU @pidje

Can any of you confirm this:

@JWSOUNDGROUP, in the meantime, try what I suggested you:

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled it? Ran the support tool to fix caches?