Manage Validating Members

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Lenny Warren said:

Hi @Adriano Faria,

I've installed this on my 4.1.10 and it doesn't seem to work for me. Set it up, have a member waiting to be validated but nothing shows up on my block on my page.

Administrator validation or Email and administrator validation, right? User validation won't show there.

I validated a member on my board a few minutes ago. I use 4.1.10.

14 hours ago, Lenny Warren said:

Hi @Adriano Faria,

I've installed this on my 4.1.10 and it doesn't seem to work for me. Set it up, have a member waiting to be validated but nothing shows up on my block on my page.

I've cleared my cache, still no joy.

13 hours ago, Lenny Warren said:

I'm set to Email and administrator validation, setup a new test member, validated by email. It's waiting in ACP for admin approval, but doesn't show on my forum page. ( I set the block on my main page)

I see the problem. This widget is made to work only on horizontal mode (top or bottom of the page), not in sidebar. It's too much information to show there.

Capturar.png

When you move it to a right place, it works:

Capturar.png

I will edit the description to add this information.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to change it from "Approve or Ban" to "Approve or Delete". I would prefer to just delete the account if my admins can't contact member to begin the joining process, and sometimes people just go afk. I want them to be able to register again in the case that we delete their registration.

• 4 months later...

Hello @Adriano Faria!

Thank you for this fantastic plugin!  I installed it as a surprise for the admins in my forum - version 4.1.15 - and they loved it.  I left it at the default setting, which should have restricted viewing or modifying it to those with unrestricted access to the ACP (though I may be misunderstanding that).  As soon as a couple of members registered, though, I was notified that both moderators and members could see the widget - including the IP and email addresses for our new members.  When they clicked on anything, they were told they didn't have access to use that feature, but I can't have mods or members being able to see that private information.

Because of that, I wanted to ask you if this issue would be fixed if I were to change the setting to allow only those in the root admin group to use the widget.  Essentially, I need to make sure that only the admins can see it, never mind using it.  Could you let me know?

Thanks!

-Dev

1 minute ago, Dev @ LP said:

Hello @Adriano Faria!

Thank you for this fantastic plugin!  I installed it as a surprise for the admins in my forum - version 4.1.15 - and they loved it.  I left it at the default setting, which should have restricted viewing or modifying it to those with unrestricted access to the ACP (though I may be misunderstanding that).  As soon as a couple of members registered, though, I was notified that both moderators and members could see the widget - including the IP and email addresses for our new members.  When they clicked on anything, they were told they didn't have access to use that feature, but I can't have mods or members being able to see that private information.

Because of that, I wanted to ask you if this issue would be fixed if I were to change the setting to allow only those in the root admin group to use the widget.  Essentially, I need to make sure that only the admins can see it, never mind using it.  Could you let me know?

Thanks!

-Dev

You mean people without permission are viewing the widget?

On 10/8/2016 at 3:49 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You mean people without permission are viewing the widget?

Yes, exactly.  It's set to allow only those with full access to the ACP to view it, but I was notified by both a member and a moderator that they could see it.  The member who reported it included a screen grab to show us what she was seeing.

On 18/10/2016 at 2:03 AM, Dev @ LP said:

Just wanted to follow up and see if you've had time to poke at this.

Just sent you a version via PM. Please test it and let me know if it's ok so I can update the file here on IPS.

Tks.

Nvm. Just tested and it still shows. So I removed the ADMIN option and leave only the group selection:

Capturar.jpg

That fixes the whole issue. Just select your group and you're done.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I've installed the latest version and it didn't validate as it used to. Previously it would work without a page refresh, this time it redirected me to a blank page and appeared to be an error, but then it directed me back to the board index and the member appears to be validated.

Having reinstalled and done the hard refresh, after validating a member today I didn't receive a redirect but I received this pop up

popup.png

After clicking ok, the validating member part was green and the member appears validated. But these errors didn't happen previously.