Template help needed

Kirill N

Hello,

@Rikki gave me the following code that displays the raw value of a specific custom field in post bit:

{{$fields = $comment->author()->profileFields();}}
{$fields['core_pfieldgroups_<group_id>']['core_pfield_<field_id>']|raw}

How do I do either of the following:

1) Display the formatted value of the field, instead of raw
2) Only display the code if the field value exists

?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think his problem is very similar to mine here, which is that if you call a field that way, it appears in its raw form but without any formatting. Yes, it's possible within the template to type some html, but that's still not good in situations like mine where you want to suppress the label in one field/have nothing at all appear if there's no value for that instance/have custom formatting depending on the output.

I think his problem is very similar to mine here, which is that if you call a field that way, it appears in its raw form but without any formatting. Yes, it's possible within the template to type some html, but that's still not good in situations like mine where you want to suppress the label in one field/have nothing at all appear if there's no value for that instance/have custom formatting depending on the output.

Exactly, except my problem is with profile fields while yours is with record fields :)

Archived