About This File

This plugin will let other users know that you are away for a specific reason. Made specifically for moderation purpose, can be used by any group to inform that you are away for a few days. Admins can remove the AWAY status from other users on Moderator CP -> Member Management -> Away tab.

Setttings:

• Show AWAY status on posts
  • Groups allowed to use the feature

Note:

• Due to the rework on plugin (every new resource has to be done from the scratch to run on  IPS4), a new purchase is required. Thank you for your understanding.

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7653-member-away/

Looks good. I am considering purchasing it. :)

However, I would like to request a couple of features that may or may not interest you:

• Let the user set an AWAY duration (X days/weeks/months) after which the AWAY status is automatically turned off. The Admin can make this required.
  • Let the Admin configure a maximum AWAY duration after which the AWAY status is automatically turned off.

This would help in regards to making sure that members haven't just disappeared and stay in AWAY mode forever. I can imagine that being useful for a lot of situations, such as when you run activity checks for guilds or other communities, where you want to be able to differentiate between users that are likely to return (still in AWAY mode) and the users that are probably lost forever. :)

Edited by Vikestart

Looks good. I am considering purchasing it. :)

However, I would like to request a couple of features that may or may not interest you:

• Let the user set an AWAY duration (X days/weeks/months) after which the AWAY status is automatically turned off. The Admin can make this required.
  • Let the Admin configure a maximum AWAY duration after which the AWAY status is automatically turned off.

This would help in regards to making sure that members haven't just disappeared and stay in AWAY mode forever. I can imagine that being useful for a lot of situations, such as when you run activity checks for guilds or other communities, where you want to be able to differentiate between users that are likely to return (still in AWAY mode) and the users that are probably lost forever. :)

I like it. :thumbsup:

You can buy it. I'll add it today.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I would like to request a couple of features that may or may not interest you:

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Added limit to the AWAY status. Admin sets a max number of days on ACP setting. The user will have this value as max number of days.

Awesome. :)

Although the slider feels a bit clunky, but it works! Would it be feasible to round the days up or down to get cleaner numbers? It feels awkward to settle for being away for 11.1991525423729/30 days :P I think a simple input field with the max value being whatever is defined in the ACP would be better (Max value noted in the field description).

A setting to require a reason would be great as well.

Anyway, thanks again!

Edited by Vikestart

Awesome. :)

Although the slider feels a bit clunky, but it works! Would it be feasible to round the days up or down to get cleaner numbers? It feels awkward to settle for being away for 11.1991525423729/30 days 

Not sure what you mean. This is a NUMBER field and accept only integer. 1 or 2 or 3 or ... 10 or ... 20, etc.

To remove the "slider", open the XML and find:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Number( 'membersaway_days', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->membersaway_days, FALSE, array( 'range' => TRUE, 'min' => 1, 'max' => \IPS\Settings::i()->membersAway_days, 'disabled' => $disabled ), NULL, NULL, \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('days') ) );

Change to:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Number( 'membersaway_days', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->membersaway_days, FALSE, array( 'min' => 1, 'max' => \IPS\Settings::i()->membersAway_days, 'disabled' => $disabled ), NULL, NULL, \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('days') ) );

To make the reason required, change this:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Editor( 'membersaway_text', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->membersaway_text, FALSE, array( 'app' => 'core', 'key' => 'Admin', 'autoSaveKey' => 'membersaway_text', 'attachIds' => NULL, 'minimize' => 'membersAway_text_placeholder' ) ) );

to this:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Editor( 'membersaway_text', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->membersaway_text, TRUE, array( 'app' => 'core', 'key' => 'Admin', 'autoSaveKey' => 'membersaway_text', 'attachIds' => NULL, 'minimize' => 'membersAway_text_placeholder' ) ) );

Reinstall.

Maybe related to your mouse speed/movement or something? It display 1 by 1 to me. :tongue:

I don't think so. It also happens when I click anywhere on the slider (not dragging it). :sweat:

Anyway, are you going to remove the slider ? If so, it will appear the standard NUMBER field: a text box with up/down arrows.

Maybe. :rofl: Thanks for the advice and info for how to do that!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/07/2015, Vikestart said:

Although the slider feels a bit clunky, but it works! Would it be feasible to round the days up or down to get cleaner numbers? It feels awkward to settle for being away for 11.1991525423729/30 days :P I think a simple input field with the max value being whatever is defined in the ACP would be better (Max value noted in the field description).

A setting to require a reason would be great as well.

On 27/07/2015, Tripp_UK said:

Suggestion: If a staff member is away; is there a chance to show a badge next to the persons information in the staff list (Example: https://community.invisionpower.com/staff/

On 25/08/2015, s-c said:

Users trying to disable the away message get the error "The value must be larger than 1"

What's New in Version 2.0.2:

• Fixed error when saving the form (number of days)
  • Added setting to make AWAY REASON mandatory
  • Added AWAY BADGE on Staff Directory, just in case some staff is away
  • Changed the way number of days are displayed on away form
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

AFAIK, the BUY button remains even when you already bought it, right ?

You are of course, correct.  If I use it for the second site, I will buy it again.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Done (second setting):

What's New in Version 2.1.1:

• Added new setting to format the date of Away status: display date/time (default) or only date

Purchased, as promised.

Why aren't you on the IPS staff?  If 1/2 of the stuff you've created were incorporated...

@Adriano Faria

I am having a silly issue with the new version of this plugin for 4.1.x. See attached screenshot. A couple of language bits are duplicated with uppercase/lowercase. As you can see from the screenshot, even if I fill the contents of both of them and save, one of them doesn't save, so I end up with English phrases at the front-end, even though theoretically the phrases are translated. I don't know how to solve this. Thanks.

cdh-members-away-bug.png