57 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria please provide me with a query that I can run here, I have no clue about the new database structure... ;) Thanks

Better than that:

What's New in Version 2.1.2:

• Fixed a duplicated language string, which was preventing the correct translation of a language bit.

New version removed the duplicated language bit on my tests. Try it.

@Adriano Faria

Here is the thing, and I hope you will understand my feedback. If I simply upgrade the plugin, the duplicate language strings are still present. So I assume that I have to uninstall the old version and install the new version.

However, the install/uninstall process of this plugin takes forever, eventually giving a server timeout. This happens because the install/uninstall script creates new rows at the core_members table.This works fine for small forums, but on a big forums like ours, with half million users, this is simply not the best way to do it. Any addition or removal of new rows to the core_members table on a forums with 500.000 records will take several minutes.

A more intelligent solution, IMHO, is to create a new table with the data you want. The creation/removal of this table would be very fast, and this table would take up much less space on the database as well, since there won't be too many users using this feature at the same time, and this table would hold data only for the users that have the member away feature enabled. If the member_id is not in this table, this means the user doesn't have this feature enabled.

BTW. This is an issue with several of your plugins. I don't want to play down the importance of all your plugins, but usually they are tested at your side on a forum that doesn't have too many users/topics/posts and they work fine, so you are not able to see the issue I am talking about.

So, in summary, I am stuck, as I can't remove the plugin, as the uninstaller times out probably while trying to DROP the rows it added. I don't know if it would be safe to manually drop those via command shell and then try to uninstall.

13 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Any addition or removal of new rows to the core_members table on a forums with 500.000 records will take several minutes.

Yes, if you have 500.000 records in your table, ANY plugin will take a long time, not just this one.

BTW. This is an issue with several of your plugins. I don't want to play down the importance of all your plugins, but usually they are tested at your side on a forum that doesn't have too many users/topics/posts and they work fine, so you are not able to see the issue I am talking about.

This is something I can't improve. My board has 33,800 users with 191,486 posts. That's all I got; that's where I can I test any resource. I don't think anyone with a big board, like you, will borrow their board to make tests, do you ?

A more intelligent solution, IMHO, is to create a new table with the data you want.

A new table will result in a new query everywhere. That, in my POV, is not acceptable and if it can be avoided, I do. Things like that are added on members table because it is already loaded. Plus, a topic with 2, 3, 7 users will work fine... but in a busy board with 100, 200 users in a topic, It will not be a good thing to try.

@Adriano Faria here is the thing I am stuck at the moment with this plugin. I need to uninstall it and install it again, but I am stuck. The maximum I could do was to disable it. If I try to uninstall it, the page goes blank. So I guess I would need to force its removal or do a manual removal, but I don't know how to do it. Or, I could simply leave it installed and manually delete the duplicate phrases. I don't know how to do it. In fact, I asked you to tell me how to do this manually, but instead you provided us with a new version. I know that you wanted to help me out, however due to the issue I described, I believe it is better to simply delete the duplicate phrases. Can you help me? Thanks.

Funny because it worked on my test. Anyway, let's delete the duplicated phrases. Run this query on your PHPMyAdmin or SQL Toolbox:

SELECT * FROM core_sys_lang_words WHERE word_key = 'membersAway_days_desc' 

It will appear twice, if you have 2 languages. As it is duplicated, will appear 4 times. Take note of the word_id in results. Then delete it.

delete FROM core_sys_lang_words WHERE word_id IN( XXXX, YYYY )

Add the prefix to your table, in case you use one.

@Adriano Faria that indeed solved the issue of duplicate phrases, but now I get messages like "[[Template core/global/plugins/memberAwayGlobalWarn does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]"

This is happening probably because I tried to remove the plugin, and it is seems part of it was removed.

If I try to uninstall it, I get:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

The webpage at (hidden) might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I tried to upgrade it with itself, but then I get a 500 error.

I wonder if there is a way to force this plugin to be removed or a manual way to get rid of it, as right now my only option is to disable it...

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/03/2016 at 10:51 PM, Adriano Faria said:

It already appears in all posts + user profile. Isn't it enough?

it would be nice , it make more easy to control our member activity , some member dont have to much post , and now he is a "member away" i dont think i can find his post easily ,

1 option notice to 1 group (ex : admin ) when 1 member change their status "member away" or 1 list can show all member away , it will help us to much ,

• 2 weeks later...