Slow Load Speed

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No there is no difference. In every topic i post or other users is it long. When you reply to a topic en click on save then you saving. And after a minute or some it refresh and then it is posted. But that time is whay to long in my opinion. Sometimes if you are lukky then it will take 30 seconds. But i see a lot of times that it takes longer then that...

Yes, that is way too long. Unless there's something obvious in the error or system logs, it's hard to say exactly what part of the process takes such a long time.

What kind of hosting are you on?

How varnish works out with downloading files? aka exe, pk3, zip, rar, etc. Does it cause issues or interference with it? 

You have to configure it to allow for longer timeouts. Other than that, it's fine, since you can pipe connections based on URL. The ideal is to serve static content and large downloads from a static domain, but as far as I'm aware, IPS4 doesn't let you do that.

Yes, that is way too long. Unless there's something obvious in the error or system logs, it's hard to say exactly what part of the process takes such a long time.

What kind of hosting are you on?

You have to configure it to allow for longer timeouts. Other than that, it's fine, since you can pipe connections based on URL. The ideal is to serve static content and large downloads from a static domain, but as far as I'm aware, IPS4 doesn't let you do that.

VPS 4gb memory. I have also a 3.4 version running on this server and that have normal results. So it is only 4.0 based. Error logs have nothing else as This member is not awaiting validation. So gives not any information. The only thing you see in the system logs is

Fri, 24 Jul 2015 00:33:38 +0000 (Severity: 2)
54.144.189.207 - http://forum.pcmfocus.com/mobiquo.php
OutOfRangeException
0: 
#0 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumTopic.php(102): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('28189')
#1 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumTopic.php(352): MbqRdEtForumTopic->getObjsMbqEtForumTopic('28189', Array)
#2 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mbqFrame/mbqBaseAction/MbqBaseActGetThread.php(48): MbqRdEtForumTopic->initOMbqEtForumTopic('28189', Array)
#3 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActGetThread.php(23): MbqBaseActGetThread->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#4 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mobiquoCommon.php(103): MbqActGetThread->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#5 /home/forum/domains/forum.pcmfocus.com/public_html/mobiquo/mobiquo.php(18): MbqMain::action()
#6 {main}

and nothing else. But that plugin i have planned to disable.

So after playing with my site... the speed of IPS 4.0 isn't awful, but it's really not good at all. It may be minor, but the script does run far slower then other scripts that have the same functionality and it is definitely noticeable. There's also the extra CPU load associated with this.

So after playing with my site... the speed of IPS 4.0 isn't awful, but it's really not good at all. It may be minor, but the script does run far slower then other scripts that have the same functionality and it is definitely noticeable. There's also the extra CPU load associated with this.

Yes. Also you can try to monitor CPU usage in real time in one window, and in another hold down F5. You'll see it will eat up all the cores, no matter how much GHz you have.. Unless you have r/s limit, etc.

• 10 months later...
On 08/07/2015 at 0:19 PM, Adlago said:

That everyone can do.

1. Create subdomains on your server aimed at root - for example: stat.your domain.com

It will be true when this subdomain created equal load your site.

2. Open System ->Files->Storage Settings-> Configurations -> Create new

cookie.png

3. Then in storage settings and choose from the dropdown menu select the second row / he is your new method /

storage.png

You can choose which resources to load this way.
In my site I have marked everything.
This improves YSlow Grade of your site.

Did this and lost all images the lot. www.goatgamers.com

da2af0640cfbf745f4c76d8b3e48caf8.png

I created a subdomain stat.goatgamers.com and followed your instructions in this post. What could i have done wrong ?

Trying to revert back to normal.

4 minutes ago, Adlago said:

@Vanucci

"1. Create subdomains on your server aimed at root - for example: stat.your domain.com

It will be true when this subdomain created equal load your site"

What you have created "stat.goatgamers.com" is currently unavailable.

It will be true when this subdomain created equal load your site"

I dont know what you mean by this or what this means,.

On 6/19/2016 at 10:11 PM, Adlago said:

subd4.png

no its a bug

i created and have a working subdomain and created a new configuration settings 

but when i moved the theme resources to the subdomain all the files are linked incorrectly when i check source code, someone need to report this to the developers

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://domain.com/forum/home/username/domains/domain.com/public_html/static/css_built_91/5e61784858ad3c11f00b5706d12afe52_ie8.css.36441f6c877760d0c5e064dcb14ce87f.css">

52 minutes ago, Adlago said:

This is incorrect. This is a common subdomains.This is not a cookie-free domain.
Should remove stat after /publc_html/

ok i see that, i have changed it and now the url above works.

I will make the changes tomorrow and check back in

nvm i just read that http2 comes with header compression and u woulndt need cookielless domain anymore for that since im using http2 on my server

Header information will no longer be sent over the wire in plaintext format. It'll now be compressed, making it smaller and the responses subsequently quicker to receive (although admittedly this is only a marginal gain).

This also means we should be less concerned about having to serve static assets from a cookie-less domain, which was a problem because the size of the static resources would all become larger due to cookie data being associated with them.

This compression means including cookies in requests is not so much of a problem compared to HTTP/1 and actually the extra DNS look-ups required when serving static resources on different domains or sub-domains (exacerbated further when SSL is involved) makes the approach more costly in HTTP/2.

1 hour ago, Vanucci said:

Ok it worked. Thank you.

You can improve the speed of your site if you use loading JS before closing body tag

Customization - Themes - Edit your  theme - Custom: Javascript include location -> Just before </body> tag

PP. This img is missing

miss_img.png

22 minutes ago, Adlago said:

You can improve the speed of your site if you use loading JS before closing body tag

Customization - Themes - Edit your  theme - Custom: Javascript include location -> Just before </body> tag

PP. This img is missing

miss_img.png

changed the Javascript include location -> Just before </body> tag .

However that image that is missing, i dont even know where it is for

10 minutes ago, Vanucci said:

However that image that is missing, i dont even know where it is for

Currently this image is loaded correctly.

If you want to add your htaccess file this

</IfModule>
FileETag None
<IfModule mod_deflate.c> 
<filesMatch ".(css|js|x?html?|php)$">
    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
  </filesMatch>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "now plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType video/x-flv "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/xml "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/font-woff "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType font/woff "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/font-woff2 "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType font/opentype "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 month"
</IfModule>

Logo on your website using the image size too large 1438x1667. CSS resize to a size 56 х 65 slow your site with many redundant KB that a user's browser downloaded.

Resize your image and then upload your logo - this will speed up site.

Archived