Converting Database

The.Reaper

Hey i am having problems with my forums and my database was deleted, i have a backup of my 3.4 version is there a converter that will convert my 3.4 to 4.0?

I have a support ticket open for this but i really need my forums back up asap so i am attempting to fix this myself.

Thanks.

Okay thanks guys i will try work out how i can do this as my fresh ipb install (in a new directory) doesn't seem to want to take to the database.

Edit: Just to go into more information, the database has loaded, but there seems to only be one member on the install.

Seems you did a fresh install. You will need to run an upgrade, this is at: /admin/upgrade

HI Jim, i was referring to the fresh install of the 3.4x board, for some reason all of the members aren't processing into the boards, i have a support ticket out at the moment so it looks like my community will just have to suffer until i beat the support queue, i rather someone who knows what they are doing work on it rather than me just break it more.

Thanks anyway.

Sorry i'm confused myself so it's hard to translate what i'm doing very well, currently all i have is my database from my 3.4x forum and files that were upgraded to 4.0.

What i was trying to do is set up another ipb forum to then put my database on and then upgrade that forum so the database is converted ready for the 4.0 files i have.

From what ive read from your replies i am doing this the wrong way, do i have to put the 3.4x files on my server then run the upgrade not the install?

This would explain why the database isnt working with the fresh install?

Okay everything went well, i am still having the problem with members accounts being deleted though, a lot of the members did not have email addresses so when they log on it deletes their accounts, i have made a separate topic for this issue here - https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/417365-members-with-no-email-addresses/

I would like to thank you Jim for all of the help, couldn't have done this without you! :thumbsup:

If anyone is having this problem the solution is:

If you have the 4.0 files already on your server, you just need to point that to your 3.x database and run the upgrader.

Archived