CSS/JS doesn't work after moving install

I've moved my install from a /dev folder to the root of the site, now CSS and JS don't load because they're still using the old URL. I've updated the config file on the server and any URLs (I could only find one) in the admin panel.

Has anyone moved their install of version 4 and know what I'm missing? The same is for the admin too.

There was a 'change url' script in the Documentation but I cannot find it now it seems.

That would fix broken images etc after moving between URL's or moving into a different directory etc.

I may still have it in my docs but unsure if I can post it here...

The CSS went ok with Designer's Mode, but JS nope. to me it's still redirecting to mydomain/board/mydomain/board =(

​I can't find a change url script anywhere?

There was a 'change url' script in the Documentation but I cannot find it now it seems.

That would fix broken images etc after moving between URL's or moving into a different directory etc.

:)

At your own risk (Important: Take a db backup first, please do not skip this step) as I cannot be sure if it was removed as it may not be quite compatible with the newer 40x versions.

1. Ensure the paths etc are correct for the 'new' URL

2. Upload the script to your board root, and visit it in your browser

3. When its finished remove it (do not leave on the server)

4. If it fails, restore the backup (you did take one yes?) then contact support via the Client Area

5. Hmm I cannot upload files in this forum. PM me and I'll attach it there I guess.

At your own risk (Important: Take a db backup first, please do not skip this step) as I cannot be sure if it was removed as it may not be quite compatible with the newer 40x versions.

1. Ensure the paths etc are correct for the 'new' URL

2. Upload the script to your board root, and visit it in your browser

3. When its finished remove it (do not leave on the server)

4. If it fails, restore the backup (you did take one yes?) then contact support via the Client Area

5. Hmm I cannot upload files in this forum. PM me and I'll attach it there I guess.

​I imagine the script was removed because it doesn't work properly on 4.0.5.1 - I'd already logged some bugs about it. I think that trying to use it could be filed under "bad idea" :) 

Check the paths for your storage settings( ACP => System => Files => Storage Settings)

I can't find that in the new ACP? I have cache off, not touched any major settings yet.​

I found that if your are using default local storage, removing the constant.php file to should restore the access.  I'd just rename it to test site. Once the site is back online then

regenerate the constant.php file.  That work for me when I had an issue with css and js not working.

​There wasn't a constant.php file, but I since generated one, however this hasn't fixed my CSS/JS in public and admin still using the old URL. :(

I can't find that in the new ACP? I have cache off, not touched any major settings yet.​

​There wasn't a constant.php file, but I since generated one, however this hasn't fixed my CSS/JS in public and admin still using the old URL. :(

​Sorry I haven't tried moving a site, I just use locahost for testing purposes and only upgrade live site once I know code is proper.

​Sorry I haven't tried moving a site, I just use locahost for testing purposes and only upgrade live site once I know code is proper.

Yeah, same here, but this was because the site was on a preview URL while a holding site was up, now I am moving it to go live. I've never had any problem moving previous to version 4 IPB installs.

In admincp do you not see the following:

files1.thumb.jpg.09404251fef2d88845b9ada

Clicking 'Files' (as shown above will take you to following:

files2.thumb.jpg.3a680acfd40804b92c805c9

then click Storage Settings button at top

In admincp do you not see the following:

files1.thumb.jpg.09404251fef2d88845b9ada

Clicking 'Files' (as shown above will take you to following:

files2.thumb.jpg.3a680acfd40804b92c805c9

then click Storage Settings button at top

​Thanks, All my settings are using the correct path.

I've tried deleting the datastore contents incase that was holding paths, but they're still the same.

It's just the public and admin CSS and JS that is using the old URL. :(

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the URL: http://gsntransformationcentre.co.uk/forums/

​Thanks, All my settings are using the correct path.

I've tried deleting the datastore contents incase that was holding paths, but they're still the same.

It's just the public and admin CSS and JS that is using the old URL. :(

​Not sure but have you tried admincp >> system >> advanced configuration >> data storage tab

Does anyone know IPB client support respond times? Or if they are available at weekends? I posted a new request on the 15th but haven't had a reply back yet. :(

​Weekends is limited support, also take into account time zones (support is in USA)

That tool is removed, because its no longer needed with 4.0.5 + as all you do is update the config file with the new url, then drop your datastore cache, you can do this manually by deleting the files in that folder via FTP or by running the support tool.

Archived