Forum - Extremely Slow To Load

nuberry

My forum which is on the IPB cloud is so slow , takes at least 90 seconds to load .

This is disastrous for a forum and I only have 5 members .I sent emails to all my old members to register and everyone says the site is too slow.

Glad I'm not the only one, the forum application on my site is not as bad as 90 seconds, but was reported at take 39 seconds earlier today - I'm doing as much optimisation as I can and I have seen improvements but it's horrendous to be honest.

I'm regretting the decision to upgrade as quickly as we did but we had a timescale with new release being announced and our most active period.

I've replied to the ticket Rhett, the issues within the ticket are all for the live domain not the test domain.

Not sure if you meant my site or the OP's site regarding the 1 / 2 second load times? It ain't our site (as you can see from video) - this is also reported from users in the states (where the server is hosted).

Sorry, just realised video is not link, I have now linked it.

http://www.screencast.com/t/l7zu57YYy

Can I ask, how long did it take for the main page to load? once that has loaded, how long does it take to load the forum after clicking on that?

I'm on a 80MB up and 20MB down solid connection and on average the main page is loading in 4/5 seconds but the forum is taken between 15 and 40 seconds (only intitial request, subsequent pages within forum are approx 5 seconds).

Not just me but others are reporting the same and the only change has been IPS4.

Archived