Donate Sidebar Support

On 9/3/2018 at 6:36 PM, Jan Krohn said:

Payments coming through the button, although they're donations, are subject to fees in the Netherlands. 😠

Just to clarify, is that something you've confirmed from Paypal? I'm specifically setting up payments as donations in this widget but it sounds like I might need to put a disclaimer in now that Paypal is adding fees in some countries now.

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

Donate Sidebar is great, I've looked at the full version but it's a bit overkill for me.

However I haven't had a single donation this year via the Donate Sidebar, everything is configured okay but I wondered if the 'total raised progress bar thingy' could perhaps be displayed all the time on the widget, even if it was an option to do so? This might encourage more donations if members and visitors could see if donations are low. Perhaps some members assume others are donating so they don't need to.

Also do you have any plans to support Stripe as I understand it's better than PayPal, or even options for donation themed providers like BuyMeACoffee or crowdfunding sites?

Many thanks.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:04 AM, The Old Man said:

However I haven't had a single donation this year via the Donate Sidebar, everything is configured okay but I wondered if the 'total raised progress bar thingy' could perhaps be displayed all the time on the widget, even if it was an option to do so? This might encourage more donations if members and visitors could see if donations are low. Perhaps some members assume others are donating so they don't need to.

I'm not sure I understand, if the "enable status bar" setting is enabled. It should constantly show the status bar in the widget to all users then. Is that what you mean?

On 11/22/2018 at 2:04 AM, The Old Man said:

Also do you have any plans to support Stripe as I understand it's better than PayPal, or even options for donation themed providers like BuyMeACoffee or crowdfunding sites?

This should actually be quite easy to include via the "Paypal Override Code" setting. Just enter any custom html you have for Stripe or BuyMeACoffee and it will display that code rather then the Paypal form.

4 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm not sure I understand, if the "enable status bar" setting is enabled. It should constantly show the status bar in the widget to all users then. Is that what you mean?

Hi Mike, 

It was enabled but I just realised that my Current Donations Total in AdminCP was 0 out of 1000. I changed it to 5 and it displayed the bar saying 0%. So if you haven't received a donation it doesn't show the bar. So my suggestion would be could it be set to still display if the current donation is at 0 as this might encourage someone to make the first donation.

4 hours ago, Mike John said:

This should actually be quite easy to include via the "Paypal Override Code" setting. Just enter any custom html you have for Stripe or BuyMeACoffee and it will display that code rather then the Paypal form.

Aha, that's awesome, thank you! Adds a whole new level!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 3:15 AM, interfx said:

Works fine, however when you "Enable Paypal Sandbox" you get the above error.

You would need to use the Paypal sandbox account with testing then instead of your real Paypal address.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:15 AM, interfx said:

Is there anyway to make the "Donate Now" button to open a new window?

No not really, I'm building the form in the widget itself.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 8:51 AM, usmf said:

Is there a way to remove the faded "10.00" that shows in the typing field when the widget is set for the donor to input their own donation amount? 

The easiest way would be to find and edit the "enter_amount" language string in your language manager. Clear the 10.00 value it currently has.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 6:52 AM, Edjazoli said:

hi Your donate plugin works fine on my site for the last few years, however recently we moving to German language and I realised whatever im putting in the language translation is not saving even after confirm save . Any ideas?

Are you saving on the front end translation tool or in the admin cp? What strings are you having issues changing?