Donate Sidebar Support

On 16/10/2016 at 11:08 PM, The Old Man said:

Hi Mike, thank you for this. I was wondering if you could alter the text to be rich text, so we could have paragraphs, formatting etc?
Many thanks!

Are you adding your formatting to the "Donation Note" setting? Because it should pretty much use the existing setting and display it's html in the widget.

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2016 at 3:52 AM, Mike John said:

Try this and let me know how you go.

Open plugins/donatesidebar/widgets/donateWidget.php (The folder "donatesidebar" may be named differently.)

Find:

$form->hiddenValues['cmd'] = '_donations';

Add BELOW:

$form->hiddenValues['lc'] = 'US';

Save.

Is there a way to make it detect user language and display PayPal for that user in his language? I mean to make it multilingual.

On 21 October 2016 at 0:28 AM, Mike John said:

I'm sorry, I was mistakenly thinking it already supported the editor field. I've noted this for the next version. If you don't mind some test edits, I should be able to provide a patch some time next week.

Any news on the next release please, Mike? Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2017 at 7:47 PM, Xeite said:

I would like to replace "Donate now" textual button with a graphical button based on png/jpg, can you give advice which part of code to replace ?

Try something like this.

Open plugins/donatesidebar/widgets/donateWidget.php

Find:

/* Display our widget */

Add ABOVE:

$form->actionButtons = array( '<input type="image" name="submit" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynow_LG.gif" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online">' );

Save. Now just swap out for your own image.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, EmpireKickass said:

IS this working for 4.3

yes, we have it running. 

On 5/10/2016 at 3:52 AM, Mike John said:

Try this and let me know how you go.

Open plugins/donatesidebar/widgets/donateWidget.php (The folder "donatesidebar" may be named differently.)

Find:

$form->hiddenValues['cmd'] = '_donations';

Add BELOW:

$form->hiddenValues['lc'] = 'US';

Save.

Excellent! Just what I was looking for! But ...

.. was hoping this would be a configuration option through ACP. Is it possible to create a language / flags dropdown for us (or is that part of premium version of plugin)? As all these parameters are readily available: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/locale_codes/#localize-the-buyers-checkout-experience or atleast match the lc value to the IPS default language value?

Edited by rhyker2u
5 hours ago, rhyker2u said:

.. was hoping this would be a configuration option through ACP. Is it possible to create a language / flags dropdown for us (or is that part of premium version of plugin)? As all these parameters are readily available: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/locale_codes/#localize-the-buyers-checkout-experience or atleast match the lc value to the IPS default language value? 

Noted for a future release. It might be possible to use the locale data IPB stores for each user to directly show the correct language in Paypal.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, Jan Krohn said:

It would be great to have the donations actually sent as donations, so that the recipient wouldn't have to pay any PayPal fees.

What country is your receiving Paypal account in? I am setting up using the "_donations" method but it appears that may not cover all countries.

• 2 weeks later...