Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chris59 said:

After upgrade to 4.1.17 I think it need some tweaks to work again :) 

2016-12-05_20-10-39.png

It will be updated asap.

Edit:

I think it's a bug of IPS, try to edit your theme > CSS > core > custom > custom.css and add this code to fix

.ipsTags a, .ipsTag_prefix {
    display: inline-block;
}

Edited by onlyME

yeah , I have reported it 5 times on alpha beta tracker . was wrong in pages, files, blog, activity streams ... seems they don't fixed it all way ....

look like this with custom.css setting
prefix should be in one line and title on next right ??
2016-12-06_15-41-26.png

have posted the issue to bug tracker .. ....

Edited by Chris59
15 hours ago, Chris59 said:

yeah , I have reported it 5 times on alpha beta tracker . was wrong in pages, files, blog, activity streams ... seems they don't fixed it all way ....

look like this with custom.css setting
prefix should be in one line and title on next right ??
2016-12-06_15-41-26.png

have posted the issue to bug tracker .. ....

Try to edit your theme > core > global >plugins > bim_tthumb_widget 

Find

<div class="ipsTruncate ipsTruncate_line" data-ipstruncate data-ipstruncate-type="remove" data-ipstruncate-size="1 lines" style="white-space: normal; word-wrap: break-word;">
								{{if $topic->prefix()}}
									{template="prefix" group="global" app="core" params="$topic->prefix( TRUE ), $topic->prefix()"}
								{{endif}}
								<a href='{$topic->url()}' {{if $topic->tableHoverUrl and $topic->canView()}}data-ipsHover data-ipsHover-target='{$topic->url()->setQueryString('preview', 1)}' data-ipsHover-timeout='1.5'{{endif}}>
									{$topic->mapped('title')}
								</a>
							</div>

Replace by

{{if $topic->prefix()}}
                         	   {template="prefix" group="global" app="core" params="$topic->prefix( TRUE ), $topic->prefix()"}<br>
                            {{endif}}                          
							<div class="ipsTruncate ipsTruncate_line" data-ipstruncate data-ipstruncate-type="remove" data-ipstruncate-size="1 lines" style="white-space: normal; word-wrap: break-word;">
								<a href='{$topic->url()}' {{if $topic->tableHoverUrl and $topic->canView()}}data-ipsHover data-ipsHover-target='{$topic->url()->setQueryString('preview', 1)}' data-ipsHover-timeout='1.5'{{endif}}>
									{$topic->mapped('title')}
								</a>
							</div>

Then go to System > Support to clear the cache.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this, and am loving it so far.  Really improved the look of my forums.  One question -- where/how does a user turn off the toggle to see the thumbnails?

I'd love to see something like this for Pages database, where I could upload or identify a thumbnail for each record, then that would be be displayed on record lists, feeds. etc. There is a Record Image available, but it of limited use unless you write unique code -- and it is automatically inserted into the record Display, whether you want it or not......

Edited by KentT
4 hours ago, KentT said:

Just installed this, and am loving it so far.  Really improved the look of my forums.  One question -- where/how does a user turn off the toggle to see the thumbnails?

I'd love to see something like this for Pages database, where I could upload or identify a thumbnail for each record, then that would be be displayed on record lists, feeds. etc. There is a Record Image available, but it of limited use unless you write unique code -- and it is automatically inserted into the record Display, whether you want it or not......

The turn on/off thumnails link is on the forum view, on the left of "post new topic" button.

Pm me if you need custom work.

2 minutes ago, KentT said:

Is there any way to "lock" the forum icons?  They keep disappearing or changing.  I've reset a couple of forum icons multiple times,using different methods as admin, and they keep disappearing.

It can not, forum icon is the thumbnail of the last topic.

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

It can not, forum icon is the thumbnail of the last topic.

The problem is that someone posts a topic without an image, and the forum icon reverts to the ugly "No Image".  It would be nice if it stayed the last one until a new post with an image is posted in the forum.

Just now, KentT said:

The problem is that someone posts a topic without an image, and the forum icon reverts to the ugly "No Image".  It would be nice if it stayed the last one until a new post with an image is posted in the forum.

I understand, but I have no solution in this case. Try to change other beautiful "no image" :)

• 2 weeks later...