Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

About This File

This plugin only works for IPS 4.x. Client who purchased (BIM34) Topic Thumbnail and are current with renewals, will get a free copy of this version, if they agree to the renewal terms.

Main Features:

• Display thumbnails of topics on the main forum view. Topic's authors or member groups that you specify can change thumbnails. They can choose a thumbnail from images in topic content, or from an external URL, or they can upload their images. For the new topic, the first image from the first post will be set as thumbnail automatically.
  • Abitily to generate thumbnail from youtube & vimeo in topic content.
  • Built with ajax, no need to reload the page after changing the thumbnails.
  • Support "Gallery View Mode" with big images in responsive grid.
  • Replace Forum Icons with Topic Thumbnail.
  • Permissions for viewing and changing thumbnails.
  • A Toggle Show/Hide for members.

tthumb_Small.thumb.jpg.415b60663a721b8b7

tthumbGallerry.thumb.jpg.d80881a35e20cb1

tthumbForumIcons.thumb.jpg.3501ce2e6f8d9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Ruedy said:

Hi!

When this Plugin is enabled in my board, I can not visit the forum and sub forums. The error code is EX0.

I tried to deinstall and install it for two times. I used the plugin in my IPB3 before upgrading, but deinstalled it.

Did you try the newest version? Please give me ACP access so I can take a look.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased this plugin and installed it, but the topic thumbnails don't appear on my site (I enabled it and set it to show in all forums). 

The "Customizable Topic Feed" item in the Block Manager is working - so I can create a sidebar with some topic thumbnails - but my normal forum topics don't have any thumbnails. I also enabled the "Gallery Mode" but no galleries have appeared.

It's not a problem with my theme, because I tried switching themes and it still didn't appear.

Why isn't it working?

5 hours ago, David K said:

I just purchased this plugin and installed it, but the topic thumbnails don't appear on my site (I enabled it and set it to show in all forums). 

The "Customizable Topic Feed" item in the Block Manager is working - so I can create a sidebar with some topic thumbnails - but my normal forum topics don't have any thumbnails. I also enabled the "Gallery Mode" but no galleries have appeared.

It's not a problem with my theme, because I tried switching themes and it still didn't appear.

Why isn't it working?

Did you select forums to show thumbnails? If it still doesn't work, give me ACP access so I can take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, onlyME said:

Clicking on the thumbnails in forums list you will see a popup to change thumbnail.

tthumbUpload.jpg.fa5a12e3c22522bece1f541

Yes, it took me quite long time to find this...silly me. :p 

So we can only change topic thumbnail after we submitting the topic, right? I thought we could define topic thumbnail when writing the topic. :)  Might you add this feature in future release?

Just now, icedream said:

Yes, it took me quite long time to find this...silly me. :p 

So we can only change topic thumbnail after we submitting the topic, right? I thought we could define topic thumbnail when writing the topic. :)  Might you add this feature in future release?

It can not, but I will try :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Some thoughts and / or suggestions now that I've started to use this:

1. Congratulations on this plugin.  I love it.  I wrote a nice review on the file.  
  2. Smilies - Don't use emoticons / smiles for thumbnails.  

Thank you :) I haven't found a way to ignore emoticons yet, because checking image size will slow down site.

Hello @onlyME,  I wanted to let you know of a critical error from this plugin.  

PHP Error:

[Mon Nov 30 17:02:37.012308 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 9275:tid 139714191103744] [client 95.141.32.46:44730] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\\forums\\Topic::tthumb_thumbnailURL() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(692) : eval()'d code on line 1508\n'

From IPS Support:

it seems that the 3rd party coder just made a small mistake (tthumbnail vs thumbnailURL )

Topic::tthumb_thumbnailURL
2 hours ago, Joel R said:

Hello @onlyME,  I wanted to let you know of a critical error from this plugin.  

PHP Error:

[Mon Nov 30 17:02:37.012308 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 9275:tid 139714191103744] [client 95.141.32.46:44730] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\\forums\\Topic::tthumb_thumbnailURL() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(692) : eval()'d code on line 1508\n'

From IPS Support:

it seems that the 3rd party coder just made a small mistake (tthumbnail vs thumbnailURL )

Topic::tthumb_thumbnailURL

It seems no hook file. But does topic thumbnail work now? And that error occurs now?