Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

There is no way, because it's Topic Thumbnail :)

Would you be able to write one that did work for Pages?  I think it could be really useful for those of us who need a little more customization than what the stock forum provides?  I'd definitely purchase it.  :D

I need additional fields like Location & Text boxes added to my forum posts for it to work how I want it to do.

EDIT: Nevermind...I think I found a plugin that lets you add custom fields to forums. That will work in conjunction with your plugin. Thanks so much for the excellent work. Appreciate it!

EDIT2:  Urgh...didn't work. Plugin was outdated for latest version and threw an error!

Edited by ArchangelX
14 minutes ago, ArchangelX said:

Would you be able to write one that did work for Pages?  I think it could be really useful for those of us who need a little more customization than what the stock forum provides?  I'd definitely purchase it.  :D

Some clients paid me create a plugin to show thumbnails for Articles. I'm thinking about submitting it to marketplace because there is no way to write a hook to database template (IPS does not support), so it requires a change to one line of code in the default Listing template to invoke it.

Edited by onlyME
Just now, onlyME said:

Some clients paid me create a plugin to show thumbnails for Articles. I'm thinking about submitting it to marketplace because there is no way to write a hook to database template (IPS does not support), so it requires a change to one line of code in the default Listing template to invoke it.

I would pay for this, as my solution I mentioned previously didn't work. The plugin was outdated for the current version of IPB and threw an error when I tried to install it.  Please let me know if you do as I will purchase it immediately.

2 minutes ago, ArchangelX said:

I would pay for this, as my solution I mentioned previously didn't work. The plugin was outdated for the current version of IPB and threw an error when I tried to install it.  Please let me know if you do as I will purchase it immediately.

Do you need the plugin for Page like this? 

If yes, pm me.

Hi! Very bad quality of thumbnails. Thumb has size 60x27 and it was displayed as 60x60.

pic_8.jpg.790bf3fc525d1ac3d924ae8bdc0e5027.jpg

Please do more settings:

1. Do not crop images (as in previews versions). In that way additional pictures did not genereated.

2. Size to crop must be bigger than size to display. Example: thumb size: 60x60, crop size: 200x200. And we get best quality thumbnails!

2 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Hi! Very bad quality of thumbnails. Thumb has size 60x27 and it was displayed as 60x60.

pic_8.jpg.790bf3fc525d1ac3d924ae8bdc0e5027.jpg

Please do more settings:

1. Do not crop images (as in previews versions). In that way additional pictures did not genereated.

2. Size to crop must be bigger than size to display. Example: thumb size: 60x60, crop size: 200x200. And we get best quality thumbnails!

1. If not crop, the images will be distorted. 

2. The crop size are bigger than the size to display. Ex: size: 60x60, crop size: 110x110 (+50). 

In your screenshot.  It seem the image hasn't been cropped yet, it was forced to resize to fit 60x60. There is a Rebuild Thumbnails tool in setting, run it to resize all images.

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

It seem the image hasn't been cropped yet

I'm manually change this thumbnail. After that I must rebuild all images?

I did not run rebuild becouse afraid, that all of it became bad quality.

Can you write what logic does it has?

5 minutes ago, Slimer said:

I'm manually change this thumbnail. After that I must rebuild all images?

I did not run rebuild becouse afraid, that all of it became bad quality.

Can you write what logic does it has?

No need to run rebuild if changing it manually. Thumbnail was created automatically, but the ajax displays the original image (not thumbnail) temporarily. Just refresh the page to see the cropped image.

(The tool is used for the first time after installing the plugin or changing thumbnail's size.)

Edited by onlyME
1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Thank you for quick support!

Your Widget has "gallery" style. "Forum" style for me better. Maybe add there a style switch?

Horizontal widget has 'gallery' style. Vertical widget (sidebar) has 'forum' style.

Edited by onlyME

Hi, just so you know you have this in the file description:

( This file requires an upload so you will not be able to install this on an IPS Cloud hosted community. )

And yet, I am using the plugin on an IPS Cloud hosted community without a single problem. Am I missing some features that are available on a self-hosted community or is this an error in the description?

1 minute ago, Simon Woods said:

Hi, just so you know you have this in the file description:

And yet, I am using the plugin on an IPS Cloud hosted community without a single problem. Am I missing some features that are available on a self-hosted community or is this an error in the description?

The plugin still works fine but there is no storage setting for uploaded thumbnails. The thumbnails will be uploaded to the default storage.

(There is no way to use extension for plugin, so it requires an upload for storage setting)

4 minutes ago, onlyME said:

The plugin still works fine but there is no storage setting for uploaded thumbnails. The thumbnails will be uploaded to the default storage.

(There is no way to use extension for plugin, so it requires an upload for storage setting)

Ah, okay! Good to know. :)

Is this the same for your Forum Cover plugin?