Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

Hello, onlyME

How can I make it, so when users click on the widget thumbnail, it will launch into that topic, versus doing nothing.  Most people are inclined to click on the thumbnail to launch into the topic.  Any help would be much appreciated.

10 hours ago, GoGators said:

Hello, onlyME

How can I make it, so when users click on the widget thumbnail, it will launch into that topic, versus doing nothing.  Most people are inclined to click on the thumbnail to launch into the topic.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Clicking on topic thumbnail is used to change thumbnail. I will update the next version, if user has no permission to change thumb, it will link to topic.

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

It can not, you need to design your images manually and then upload them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is a shame because users will just upload giant images that use too much bandwidth and make the page slow.

Edited by Kirill N
10 hours ago, Kirill N said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is a shame because users will just upload giant images that use too much bandwidth and make the page slow.

I've been (slowly) uploading my own topic thumbnails that are resized to 300x300, which are large enough to display in all blocks but small enough to not take up much space.  I agree, though, that automatic resizing down to thumbnail would be nice.  

Please give me ACP access so I can take a look

Just now, Janeric said:

Hi, I just updated the board to the latest version and now the thumbs are not showing anymore

over the whole board. I checked if the forums were set etc.

~Jas

On 6/8/2016 at 2:05 AM, onlyME said:

Hi,

Clicking on topic thumbnail is used to change thumbnail. I will update the next version, if user has no permission to change thumb, it will link to topic.

Did you forget to add this?  I just added the new version and nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, GoGators said:

I did.  I logged out and clicked as a "Guest"

Try to edit theme > core > global > plugins 

Revert the templates with name "bim_tthumb.... " .

If it still doesn't work, give me acp access so I can take a look.

2 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Try to edit theme > core > global > plugins 

Revert the templates with name "bim_tthumb.... " .

If it still doesn't work, give me acp access so I can take a look.

Didn't work, however you still have an account with access to my site.  Do you need me to send you the information again?

11 minutes ago, JohnDer said:

I've updated to the new version and I have an issue when I'm trying to post a new topic, it gives me an HTTP ERROR 500, if I disable the plugin I have that error on index.

Try to redownload and import again. I fixed this issue.