Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

Some minor suggestions for your consideration:

1.  (Suggested before) Setting to turn off TT in Activity Stream.  Or replace profile picture with TT ^_^, similar to Recent Posts block.  

2.  Use fa-eye icon for "Hide Thumbnail" setting in topic listing view, similar to IPS

Hide Icon.PNG

3.  Allow default icon per category, not just for entire website.  

4.  Allow choices of default icons (similar in concept to "closed tag system").  For example, Admin uploads 4 choices of topic thumbnail for category, and member can choose from those 4 (or upload own, or generate from topic) when starting new topic.

Edited by Joel R

Love this plugin @onlyME.

Only one issue and one suggestion... ;)

on mobile view, (iphone) the thumbnail messes up the text pagination. Reducing the size of the thumbnail makes no difference.

IMG_6414.PNG

As for my suggestion, without the plugin the forum has a dark icon for new messages, and a lighter greyed out forum for no new messages. Is it possible that the thumbnails can be lighter greyed out when no new messages and normal when there ARE new messages?

At the moment it's a lot harder to work out which forums have new messages....

Also, when you clicked the darker icon it made all the messages read, and then went lighter.

These changes would make the plugin perfection for me.... ;)

Edited by Lenny Warren

@Lenny Warren The padding issue will be fixed in the next version.

27 minutes ago, Lenny Warren said:

As for my suggestion, without the plugin the forum has a dark icon for new messages, and a lighter greyed out forum for no new messages. Is it possible that the thumbnails can be lighter greyed out when no new messages and normal when there ARE new messages?

At the moment it's a lot harder to work out which forums have new messages....

Also, when you clicked the darker icon it made all the messages read, and then went lighter.

I will not update this feature because there are some people who don't like the lighter thumbnails. But you can do it by going ACP > Customization > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > CSS > core > custom > custom.css

Add this code

.tthumbimg {
	opacity: 0.5 !important;
}

.ipsDataItem_unread .tthumbimg {
	opacity: 1 !important;
}

Save

2 minutes ago, onlyME said:

It can not, because clicking on thumbnail will be open the popup to change thumb.

No worries, is that not possible with a menu option? As that would mimic the original function of clicking the icon, to make things read? Changing the thumb can be done within the actual topic by editing??

No worries either way, love th eplugin, just a few of my members have asked about clicking the thumb to make forum read. ;)

Just now, Lenny Warren said:

No worries, is that not possible with a menu option? As that would mimic the original function of clicking the icon, to make things read? Changing the thumb can be done within the actual topic by editing??

No worries either way, love th eplugin, just a few of my members have asked about clicking the thumb to make forum read. ;)

I will think about your idea, it's not bad ^_^ 

Just now, onlyME said:

I will think about your idea, it's not bad ^_^ 

Thank you, can I just say that I LOVE your plugin, it has made my forum so much better looking. I love clean structured design, but also as a Professional Photographer I want images to be a main part of my forum.

Oh, and your rapid and efficient support is First Class....

Thanks again @onlyME, just off to look at your other plugins. ;)

On 4/27/2016 at 11:14 PM, Joel R said:

(Suggested before) Setting to turn off TT in Activity Stream.

Setting to also turn off TT in Status Updates.  TT is confusing my users, because the image shows topic thumbnail, not the post's attached image.

Thanks!  

Edited by Joel R
13 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Setting to also turn off TT in Status Updates.  TT is confusing my users, because the image shows topic thumbnail, not the post's attached image.

Thanks!  

Status updates? There is no topic thumbnail.