Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

Just now, Death91 said:

Thanks for your fast response. This is a great well-rounded plugin that I will use oh so much. How are thumbnail urls stored? Maybe I can query results with thumbnails and modify all of them with the default thumbnail instead.

Thumbnail was saved in sql: forums_topics > topic_thumbnail

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it yesterday. I'm not getting images on the frontpage widget, while they are showing in the forum view. What can be wrong here?

Furthermore, I was wondering whether it would be possible to search an entire topic for images, not just the first post. Would that be possible?

Finally, when I want to show only featured topics in the widget, it does just show the latest topics, regardless whether they are featured or not. 

Am I doing something wrong or are these just things that need to be fixed?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.01.36.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.01.52.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.02.27.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.09.52.png

5 hours ago, Donkerrood said:

Bought it yesterday. I'm not getting images on the frontpage widget, while they are showing in the forum view. What can be wrong here?

Furthermore, I was wondering whether it would be possible to search an entire topic for images, not just the first post. Would that be possible?

Finally, when I want to show only featured topics in the widget, it does just show the latest topics, regardless whether they are featured or not. 

Am I doing something wrong or are these just things that need to be fixed?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.01.36.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.01.52.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.02.27.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 00.09.52.png

Which version are you using? Try to upgrade to the newest.

10 hours ago, Donkerrood said:

No, but you can upload your images manually, or using image from external url.

10 hours ago, Donkerrood said:

This is a bug and it was fixed in 1.1.4

5 hours ago, onlyME said:

I confirm this bug, I will fix in the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: rich snippet linking displays Topic Thumbnail, not Topic Author.  

In the example above, the rich snippet includes the profile photo of the topic author / OP.  My suggestion is to replace the profile photo with the topic thumbnail, which I think is a much more powerful and visual indicator of what's in the topic.  

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion: rich snippet linking displays Topic Thumbnail, not Topic Author.  

In the example above, the rich snippet includes the profile photo of the topic author / OP.  My suggestion is to replace the profile photo with the topic thumbnail, which I think is a much more powerful and visual indicator of what's in the topic.  

I will think about your suggestion. 

1 minute ago, Janeric said:

Hi, I just upgraded from 3.4.8 to 4.1 and installed the newest Thumbnail file.

My thumbnails show, but do not change size (i.e. to 400x400) when I hover over them with the mouse.

What am I doing wrong?

V4 doesn't show thumbnail on mouse hover. Please show me the screenshot, I don't understand your problem.

I guess I did not explain it right.

When I had the thumbnail installed on 3.4.8 board when I hovered over the thumbnail with the mouse it showed a larger image.

With the newest thumbail on the 4.1 bord it shows the thumbail but it does not change size when I hover over it.

Maybe this is not possible with this newest version for 4.1.7 board?

1 minute ago, Janeric said:

I guess I did not explain it right.

When I had the thumbnail installed on 3.4.8 board when I hovered over the thumbnail with the mouse it showed a larger image.

With the newest thumbail on the 4.1 bord it shows the thumbail but it does not change size when I hover over it.

Maybe this is not possible with this newest version for 4.1.7 board?

I haven't added this featured for V4 yet, I intend to update in the next version :smile:

Edited by onlyME
3 hours ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion: if the image is not found, use default image.

For example, I have forum images / attachments that are broken since they were deleted.  Topic thumbnail shows broken images.  

It can not, checking images available or not will make the site slow down.