Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

Got a wild one for you. 

Custom theme, but the main change is just a fixed position header.

Plugin works fine on default of course.

On this theme, any thumbnails, whether from the first post or uploaded separately as a topic thumbnail, if the image is mostly square in ratio ie 300x300, 700x700, etc. the hover function only works on the very left edge of the thumbnail. Anywhere else and the it breaks, repeatedly trying to insert the <p> element.

If the images are not square *or* they are the default thumbnail (square or otherwise) they work fine.

Took a quick look at the hover js and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Any guesses?

EDIT: Found the problem.

.ipsLayout_container {
    max-width: 100%;
    padding: 0 6%; 
}

If a left/right padding is applied to ipsLayout_container and it is not a fixed number of pixels but instead a percentage the y function in your js breaks.

Found it when I collapsed the browser to tablet view and everything worked fine.

Any way you can account for padding width percentages in your js?

Edited by Expeditiary
4 minutes ago, Expeditiary said:

Got a wild one for you. 

Custom theme, but the main change is just a fixed position header.

Plugin works fine on default of course.

On this theme, any thumbnails, whether from the first post or uploaded separately as a topic thumbnail, if the image is mostly square in ratio ie 300x300, 700x700, etc. the hover function only works on the very left edge of the thumbnail. Anywhere else and the it breaks, repeatedly trying to insert the <p> element.

If the images are not square *or* they are the default thumbnail (square or otherwise) they work fine.

Took a quick look at the hover js and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Any guesses?

I don't understand the problems you got. Can you give me the screenshots?

.ipsLayout_container {
    max-width: 1340px;
    padding: 0 15px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
}

That's the default theme css. Works.

Now change that to this, still on the default theme:

.ipsLayout_container {
    max-width: 1340px;
    padding: 0 75px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
}

Hover now breaks. It starts to break at about 50px;

You can reproduce this on your demo site, just use a browser inspector to change the padding on ipsLayout_content

Since my theme uses percentages it was easily greater than 50px most of the time.

Hello guys.

I want to ask you for advice. I have two sites, one is based on Wordpress and the other is IPBoard 4 equipped with thumbnail awesome plugin.

I wish to display latest topics from ipboard directly on wordpress site the same way this plugin's widget works (row with thumbnails).

However I'm not sure what would be the best and fastest way to access this data from ipboard. 

I have two options, mysql query (but I can't find any example how to make external connection and access this data), or php parser (easiest way, but also the slowest). 

Any advice would be very appreciated. Love this plugin so far ^_^ 

2 minutes ago, WhyCry said:

Hello guys.

I want to ask you for advice. I have two sites, one is based on Wordpress and the other is IPBoard 4 equipped with thumbnail awesome plugin.

I wish to display latest topics from ipboard directly on wordpress site the same way this plugin's widget works (row with thumbnails).

However I'm not sure what would be the best and fastest way to access this data from ipboard. 

I have two options, mysql query (but I can't find any example how to make external connection and access this data), or php parser (easiest way, but also the slowest). 

Any advice would be very appreciated. Love this plugin so far ^_^ 

Hi,

It was built as a plugin of IPS, so it doesn't work with wordpress.

1 hour ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

It was built as a plugin of IPS, so it doesn't work with wordpress.

I hope you read my question, because that's quite obvious that this plugin does not work for wordpress..

What I want to achieve is to access IPB data through mysql and display thumbnails on wordpress site. 

1 minute ago, WhyCry said:

I hope you read my question, because that's quite obvious that this plugin does not work for wordpress..

What I want to achieve is to access IPB data through mysql and display thumbnails on wordpress site. 

Hi,

The thumbnails was saved in colums topic_thumbnail and upload_thumbnail in table forums_topics. You can use sql query to get the data.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, how to change from this

<option value="tthumbnail" selected="">----------------</option>

to this

<option value="tthumbnail" selected="">Atomatic</option>

? In the options translations do not have this variable.

tthumb.png

Edited by Namo