I'm going to ask two very stupid questions because I can't for the life of me figure it out.

1) How do I access the portal manager? I found the settings and where to add blocks but now how to arrange the page.

2) I have your Donations mod, how can I create a block for it on the portal? Is that possible?

Never mind- I'm a potato and found it.

Thanks!

Brian

Edited by bbisbee
  • 6 months later...
20 hours ago, marco2306 said:

If I add a widget in the portal and leave the edit mode and reload the page, the newly created widget is gone.
This happens with all widgets as of version IPS 4.4.8.

I can't seem to reproduce this. Can anyone else?

I will probably need forum access to test this.

Hi Mike,

Truncating the posts to a few lines seems to be removing the first external linked image.

It's also not honoring the new lines in the thread itself.

Is there a possible patch for that?

I'd like to show the top linked image and a few lined (4-5 while honoring the new lines in the thread) and then a button at the end that takes them to the thread itself

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 1:16 AM, Maxwellshouse said:

Is it possible to have the main postal only showing recent posts instead of topics ? I'd like to use it as a timeline

What you could do is add the "Post Feed" widget above the internal latest topics feature. There is a bug that prevents setting the latest topics setting to zero right now but if you have ftp access to your ipb files, I can probably put together a patch for you to use.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:11 AM, marco2306 said:

Did you forget me?

I'm sorry for the delay, I took a bit of time off over the holidays. I will be caught up with personal messages soon.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, User786 said:

Truncating the posts to a few lines seems to be removing the first external linked image.

It should be working independent of the truncate. Do you have the new "lazy load" setting enabled?

On 12/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, User786 said:

It's also not honoring the new lines in the thread itself.

That's kinda how the truncate works. There is an alternative that "hides" the rest of the content rather then remove it if that would work better for you?

On 12/14/2019 at 5:11 AM, marco2306 said:

Did you forget me?

I've checked and it looks like your "Mondphase" portal block is the cause here. When I disable it, I can then add/remove other widgets just fine.

Edit: There must be something in there that is causing the widgets saving to fail, I'm not really familiar with the code you've got in there so you might want to check it over. But a work around would be to just disable it while you add/remove the widgets you want.

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike, I have upgraded the forum and when I try to Install the latest portal, it tells me to login to clients area, then Marketplace, then search portal and click install, I am doing this but not getting anywhere...I can see the install button, I click it and I see choice of versions, it is defaulting to 4.5 but that is as far I can can get, cannot actually begin the install, any advice would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, Jamer said:

Hi Mike, I have upgraded the forum and when I try to Install the latest portal, it tells me to login to clients area, then Marketplace, then search portal and click install, I am doing this but not getting anywhere...I can see the install button, I click it and I see choice of versions, it is defaulting to 4.5 but that is as far I can can get, cannot actually begin the install, any advice would be appreciated 

You'll probably need to speak to IPS regarding this particular problem. Because from what I can see, I've uploaded the .tar file correctly and it should be working.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike

I'm using Invision Community version v4.5.4.2 and portal 1.7.0

Since a few days ago I haven`t access to edit any of my blocks in use.

What is the cause?

When I try to do this I get this message

2S119/1 The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

thanks

Edited by clan-sud
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, ToeJam said:

Has this been updated for 4.5 yet?  I get a strange window when I hit Download

Yes v1.8 is out now. What kind of window are you seeing?

On 1/30/2021 at 6:59 AM, clan-sud said:

I'm using Invision Community version v4.5.4.2 and portal 1.7.0

The v1.8 update fixes this and is compatible with IPB 4.5.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:32 AM, alphamale said:

Before I install this , can I reproduce something like the portal on macrumors.com? So it pulls stories from certain forums and displays them on the front page and automatically refreshes them?

The forum settings would create a similar layout with new forum topics from selected forums. No automatic refresh, it just grabs the last X topics by start or last post date from selected forums.

• 2 months later...

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm looking for where to edit the layout of the portal page.  Its been a while since I worked on this, (a couple years, so I'm really rusty and lost, fumbling around) and I upgraded the forums and portal app, and I have an announcement widget on the sidebar, just above the example blocks and it isn't a standard block and I'm trying to figure out where to edit it back out...

image.thumb.png.f5c1d29b231af22400dc9ba53565bc49.png

• 1 month later...

Just a little feedback, on 4.6 the new posts are now not being shown as bold on the portal.  I am sure they used to and 4.6 must have changed something.

Don't know if there is a paid version of this that fixes it - if there is - please link me to it so I can buy.

Previously unread topics from the Portal page used to be in bold I believe - or so about five members have complained about.

image.png.a7e8d787722511b04f29e2cfbb57abbe.png