Guests can't view New Content

Kirill N

Смотрите в админке настройки доступа групп к разделам форумуа. Если новый контент публикуется в разделе, к которому Гости не имеют доступа, то они соответственно не смогут читать в нем темы. 

Смотрите в админке настройки доступа групп к разделам форумуа. Если новый контент публикуется в разделе, к которому Гости не имеют доступа, то они соответственно не смогут читать в нем темы. 

​Я говорю об этой странице http://community.invisionpower.com/new-content/

Гости ее открыть в принципе не могут.

Я еще не смотрел новую админку, но в старой админке было множество опций по ограничению производительности форума - типа, могут ли гости видеть то или это, пользоваться поиском и т.п. Если такой настройки нет, то это баг, а не фитча :)))

Unlike 3.x, "New Content" is not visible for guests in 4.0. This is very disappointing because it's a huge source of traffic. Asked support and they suggested posting a topic here, so here it is.

In 3.X it displayed the content items during the last 24 hours that had been active in descending order, regardless of their read state, for guests. 

In 4.X it seems to be intended that the "New Content" is not accessible for guests, but I will recommend you to start a feedback topic on this in our community board

Could you please write in english :)

Translation from Google Translate, for others convenience: 

ram108: Look in the admin settings group access to sections forumua. When new content is published in the section to which the guests do not have access, then they will not be able to read, respectively, in its theme.

Kirill N: I'm talking about this page http://community.invisionpower.com/new-content/

Guests open it can not in principle.

ram108: I have not watched the new admin panel, but in the old admin had a lot of options to limit the performance of the forum - such as whether the guests to see this or that, use the search engine, etc. If this setting is not present, then it is a bug, not a Fitch :)))

My 2 cents:

The decision to remove this functionality from the core product and not at least give us the option is silly.

Please give us the option to show new content to guests or not.

​Just curious if you know where on the boards here we can request modifications to be made to existing themes such as this new version 4.

• Management

View New Content uses the unread item marking system and/or the last visit data to track what is new. This data is not tracked for Guests. Since we do not track Guests everything would always be new.

With that in mind: what would you expect Guests to see when they click into VNC?

View New Content uses the unread item marking system and/or the last visit data to track what is new. This data is not tracked for Guests. Since we do not track Guests everything would always be new.

With that in mind: what would you expect Guests to see when they click into VNC?

​Charles, I expect them to see exactly the same thing they saw in 3.x VNC.

VNC uses "the unread item marking system and/or the last visit data" only if you select "Since my last visit". For guests, it can just display all new content from today, for example. Pretty sure that's how it worked in 3.x.

​The same thing seen now when a guest clicks view new content (at least on my board).  A listing of the newest content, in reverse chronological order, over the past 24 hours. 

• Management

​The same thing seen now when a guest clicks view new content (at least on my board).  A listing of the newest content, in reverse chronological order, over the past 24 hours. 

​Isn't that the activity stream?

​Charles, I expect them to see exactly the same thing they saw in 3.x VNC.

VNC uses "the unread item marking system and/or the last visit data" only if you select "Since my last visit". For guests, it can just display all new content from today, for example. Pretty sure that's how it worked in 3.x.

​Exactly.

• Management

​I'm looking for this view for guests, the same as it worked in 3.4.7

​But is that not the exact same output as the activity stream? All this is showing is activity sorted by date.

What I am trying to do is understand what you are trying to accomplish for Guest viewers. Simply saying "it's different in 4.0" does not really convey what you expect guests to be able to do on your site.

Archived