Configuration options for mod_pagespeed/ngx_pagespeed

After playing with this for a couple of hours, here is my current configuration:

pagespeed EnableFilters defer_javascript,collapse_whitespace,combine_css,combine_javascript,elide_attributes,extend_cache,remove_comments,insert_dns_prefetch,lazyload_images,inline_javascript,local_storage_cache,outline_css,outline_javascript,prioritize_critical_css,rewrite_css,rewrite_javascript,rewrite_style_attributes,trim_urls;
The option that gives the best result is defer_javascript. Especially on our forums, where we have several advertising banners running, this made the page load first, and then the banners. Fantastic results. However, this option generates a conflict with the >Lazyloader hook, and the images are shown as broken The solution was very easy: I disabled this hook and enabled the integrated lazy loader (lazyload_images).
Additional comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

• 5 years later...
On 5/1/2020 at 1:39 PM, Gabriel Torres said:

@sobrenome I have this module for nginx disabled, I don't remember exactly why I had disabled it, it's been six years. I have only the PHP built-in opcode cache enabled at the moment.

I really would like to test prioritize_critical_css, but I am afraid that on long term it could hurt TTFB considering lots of on the fly optimizations.

Yeah it doesn't really work well with IPS at the moment, and the mod_pagespeed project hasn't seen development in quite a while now.

I can post the configuration I currently use later though I don't think its changed too much. I've mainly just disabled image filters as I use Cloudflare now and it takes care of that for me.