Gallery, View photo EXIF information

This setting strips the sensitive data from the image file itself that is stored on disk, typically you would want to leave that turned on so sensitive data such as locations cannot be scaped from all of your images.

If you have Google Maps or MapBox enabled, members submitting images can configure whether to show a map and location for their image.

Posted (edited)

I took a new photo and uploaded it to the community. Even though "Delete sensitive EXIF data" is no longer activated I don't see any more parameters.
With Samsung S7 I get 48 parameters and with an iPhone 11 Pro, 41 parameters and none of the geolocation data (white image=IPS EXIF data)
I have analyzed another photo taken with the same iPhone 11 Pro on another site and the parameters obtained are 57 with geolocation data included (Black image).

Could contain: Page, Text

Could contain: Page, Text, City

Edited by arrowman

This is the same image as the black image, but the data is from IPS. (I had to translate and shorten the "View all photo EXIF information" title to prevent the text from overlapping the "x" that closes the modal on devices with small screens.)

Could contain: Page, Text

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For privacy reasons, the location of the image will never appear in the expanded EXIF information. If you have a mapping tool enabled the author will be able to set whether they want to share the location of the image when they upload it (should that information be available via EXIF).