Templates need reorganizing

Matt C.

Generally if you want to make major changes to the templates, it is better to put the board IN_DEV mode and edit the template files with an editor outside AdminCP.

You don't have to be IN_DEV to do this. For a live community, that is not advised... It's better to use WevDAV to externally edit your templates and CSS.

Okay I do see that it looks organized. But is there anyway to get a horizontal scroll bar on the text area?

Would a horizontal scrollbar help significantly? When I first saw the comparison that was actually the (only) major thing I saw that might make a difference, but I wanted to see if anyone else brought it up first. As has already been mentioned, the code is indented and spaced appropriately.

Would a horizontal scrollbar help significantly? When I first saw the comparison that was actually the (only) major thing I saw that might make a difference, but I wanted to see if anyone else brought it up first. As has already been mentioned, the code is indented and spaced appropriately.

Yes a horizontal scroll bar would help a lot!

• Management

It is unbelievable everyone had to spend this much time on a subject related to Indents.

The take away is that IPB is perfect. Except for personal choice with code whitespace which is stripped under gzip when being served to a browser.

I think that's feet up all round guys!

anchorman-jump.jpg

Archived