You're Top 5 things you LOVE about the IPB Suite?

_Mac

We're trying to find out everything good we can about IPB before we eventually switch back to it from vB. If we switch, we will go "all in" and buy the full suite to take full advantage of it. So it would be very nice to see some posts about how to make best use of the full suite!

In any system there's always good and bad things, but we would really like to know what Top 5 thing's you, as and IPB Admin, really love about the IPB Suite and why you think those features makes IPB stand out against the competition. We assume that since you're here, you've at some point chosen IPB over vB (or other) forum platforms.

So please take a minute or two and...

Post the Top 5 things you love about the IPB Suite here :-)

And as always, thank you so much for your feedback!

Need more background before posting?

- My IPB Blog: To switch back to IPB or not...

- My IPB v/s vB Poll: Just telling the truth about my experience of vB support... (please vote if you have not already)

- My IPB Posts: Old vB Admins - why did you switch to IPB?Trying out the demo - "all Apps in"?IPB "must have's" add ons / mods?

support for the few times I break it.

how ip.content is progressing. good for article based stuff.

how devs listen to input, while not always agreeing with us they do listen.

all in all a good price.

did I mention support?

how a photo gallery is advertised as a media gallery.... /snark

1. IPB is a suite, vB is not (vB guys say they even do not think about blogs whilst developing vB Connect !!). IPB apps are going to be fully separated (it seems that will be implemented with IPB 4), as far as I understand we will be able to install e.g. just IP Gallery - no need for IP Forum. That is no possbile with vB.

2. Active Development, absolutely agree.

3. IPB support is efficient.

4. IPB guys seem to me much more "open mind" that vB's, it seems that suggestion could/will be discussed.

5. IPB Gallery is a real (great) complete photo app. Do you remember albums in vB4...? Not to talk about how vB5 manage the so called "photo post" ... IP Content is easy and we have lots of options (including a user-created Wiki). I love IP Blog allowing users to create multiple blogs. The sole option I miss from vB blog is the possibility to create global categories in Blogs, that is not possible with IP Blog.

IPS News - Information as it happens.
Feedback - IPS listens even though what some want is a bit extreme
Client Support - Both IPS Staff as well as user to user Nobody is afraid to help or give out their little bags of tips & tricks.
Tickets - On a usual basis they are answered well and timely
People - Most friendly and informed of current issues

Yes Grimace

Thanks to so much good feedback on all my threads here (pro's / con's, polls etc. See my IPB blogpost: To switch back to IPB or not...) and high quality content in this community - we got a great deal of help deciding.

Even though we've not had time to fully test the IPB Suite as much as we wanted, I believe it will be the right choice and the best way to move forward for us. I've decided that we will go back to IPB and buy the full suite and don't look back ;-). We'll probably buy IPB Suite next week, but first I gotta make sure that the mac server in mind is up to specs.

Skins?

However, I'll be posting some skinning questions later. Not really sure what to use yet and don't really have the time to design it myself right now. Any good free skins or does all cost like $30? Before buying IPB though, we'll first have a go with the standard skins (web & mobile) while setting up the IPB Suite. After that we'll probably know what we need and want to do, in terms of overall design (skins etc) of the site.

Post the Top 5 things you love about the IPB Suite here :-)

1. Matt

2. Charles

3. Lindy

4. Brandon

5. the rest of the staff

Oh wait a minute you said the suite, not the people behind it.. Okay then um...

1. IP.Board

2. IP.Blog

3. IP.Gallery

4. IP.Downloads

5. IP.Content

6. IP.Nexus

7. oh wait you said 5... Oops, sorry.

1. Matt

2. Charles

3. Lindy

4. Brandon

5. the rest of the staff

Oh wait a minute you said the suite, not the people behind it.. Okay then um...

1. IP.Board

2. IP.Blog

3. IP.Gallery

4. IP.Downloads

5. IP.Content

6. IP.Nexus

7. oh wait you said 5... Oops, sorry.

HAHAHAHAHA

No Wolfie you were correct the first time.....

I have to agree!!!!

Without the top 5 we would be just another VB

I'm #2?

Well since you and Matt started IPS and I was used to Matt's work from Ikonboard, he came to mind first.

The question is why is Lindy #3?

Didn't he come along after Matt & Charles? I was trying to do it in order as best that I could remember, to keep it fair. Couldn't all be #1, because otherwise, wouldn't reach #5.

Better to be whole #2 than an One of Two....AKA 1/2 :smile: :tongue:

How about Seven of Nine?

@Wolfie

Hahahaha lol - great to see that there is humor and self-distance at this forum to. :tongue: :rofl: :lol:

@Wolfie subjunction 7of9

We might soon see a brand new Seven of Nine "version" in the upcoming Star Trek movie? Megan Fox maybe... ;-)

@Wolfie subjunction 7of9

We might soon see a brand new Seven of Nine "version" in the upcoming Star Trek movie? Megan Fox maybe... ;-)

Nah. There's only one Seven of Nine in my opinion. Jeri Ryan owned that role and it would be a crime to try to replace her so soon. Amazing actress she is.

Archived