Download: [HQ] Awards (Free)

InvisionHQ

I am planning to convert from PIN to this. Are there any special instructions for this or have the previous issues been resolved?

Do not know which issues you mean I am working on various issues.

I'd like to note that the other awards mods does not use the above columns

ok .. I thought that you mentioned there were conflicts between the two I have been trying to address what I thought could be the issues.
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok .. I thought that you mentioned there were conflicts between the two I have been trying to address what I thought could be the issues.

There are. The main one being that they both use the same app key (as in they both use the awards key to access the app). This makes it very very difficult to figure out which is installed and thus build consistent converters between the two, even worse it can cause issues if one apps files are just transposed over the other (as in someone who has one app installs uploads the files of the other over the first). In that particular instance IP.Board is unable to detect which is installed and which is not. Thus you can end up with tables not being installed etc.

However the way in which they assign permissions to give/take awards do not conflict (which is what those columns in (inv) awards were for, whereas my app uses the built in permissions system).

Incidentally it might be nice if both apps could be installed at the same time.

That is exactly the issue I was talking about. When Alec created (inv) Awards he used the same app key that was being used in my app. It is something that I had notified Alec about when he first released (inv) Awards but he chose not to address the issue then.

That is exactly the issue I was talking about. When Alec created (inv) Awards he used the same app key that was being used in my app. It is something that I had notified Alec about when he first released (inv) Awards but he chose not to address the issue then.

To be fair to Alec, the application system is pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff there is no procedure so everyone cooks their own. 'Awards' is not a unique key suitable for a multideveloper environment. I have been moving everything to have 'jlogica' in front but I should not need to do this IPS should have a system where we can easily build applications. The author ID should be part of the application key. But I am just a stoopid card punch programmer.

To be fair to Alec, the application system is pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff there is no procedure so everyone cooks their own. 'Awards' is not a unique key suitable for a multideveloper environment. I have been moving everything to have 'jlogica' in front but I should not need to do this IPS should have a system where we can easily build applications. The author ID should be part of the application key. But I am just a stoopid card punch programmer.

To be perfectly honest you don't need to force the author_id to be part of the app_key, all that is required is that authors keep their app keys unique.

My own opinion is that the downloads install here should have a custom field that allows authors (or marketplace moderators) to specify what their app/hook key is for a particular resource. Then when another resource is submitted to the marketplace that has the same key the moderators can see that it has a non-unique key and tell the author to change their key for that resource. Right now it's the authors responsibility to ensure that their app key is unique, it should be a marketplace requirement that the app key be unique.

it should be a marketplace requirement that the app key be unique.

And the easiest way to do that is to have an author prefix, SubDreamer can do it easy as, why it isn't in IP-Apps or something else like a guid is beyond me. It should be trivial for the app author to differentiate stuff. Once an app is out in the wild with a duplicate id it is a pig to fix.

I have a page in my Evernote widget of things, let's see...

• In Awards listing if user has been deleted do not show
  • Add Tool .. purge awards for deleted users and/or hook into the delete member process
  • Allow for an Award to expire from the front end (Still visible in the cabinet)
  • Show number of awards like chat rather than multiple displays of same award
  • Auto Awarding
    • Most no. of posts in a month
    • Most posts in specified sections (total posts - total threads started)
    • Most likes for a [period]
    • auto awarding most actifs member(s) in the last X time : hignest number of post or highest reputation points
    • Auto award for time since registration
    • Auto award according to downloads and uploads. Downloaded X amount congrats, uploaded X amount
http://example.com/forums/awards
[*]Award description shown in the profile awards tab. [*]When on the forums and you put your cursor over an award it says 'This is the award name bla bla this is the award description you got this for bla bla' Is there any way to neaten this up? I could do a mock up idea in photoshop of what I mean if you like? [*]setting up an expire time for awards (after one week for example the award will be auto removed) [*]The ability to specify whether the award is a profile or signature award. [*] doesn't work [*]email/pm award

I have a page in my Evernote widget of things, let's see...

• In Awards listing if user has been deleted do not show
  • Add Tool .. purge awards for deleted users and/or hook into the delete member process
  • Allow for an Award to expire from the front end (Still visible in the cabinet)
  • Show number of awards like chat rather than multiple displays of same award
  • Auto Awarding
    • Most no. of posts in a month
    • Most posts in specified sections (total posts - total threads started)
    • Most likes for a [period]
    • auto awarding most actifs member(s) in the last X time : hignest number of post or highest reputation points
    • Auto award according to downloads and uploads. Downloaded X amount congrats, uploaded X amount
http://example.com/forums/awards

[*]Award description shown in the profile awards tab. [*]When on the forums and you put your cursor over an award it says 'This is the award name bla bla this is the award description you got this for bla bla' Is there any way to neaten this up? I could do a mock up idea in photoshop of what I mean if you like? [*]setting up an expire time for awards (after one week for example the award will be auto removed) [*]The ability to specify whether the award is a profile or signature award. [*]

doesn't work [*]email/pm award

[/list]

Thanks that has covered most of the ones I wanted. However there is one other that I would like to see implemented. At the moment bulk awarding is a bit rubbish, as you have to use CSV. Could you change this for 2 additions. One, where you type the first 3 letters and it offers user results. That way you choose the one you want, then repeat the process until you have your full list of users to give a specific award to. Two, have an option to multiselect which member groups you want to award a specific award to. Also (though I think you may have this covered), with the auto award that is in place for number of posts, only applies it from the time you implement that auto award. Please can you get it to also look at the current post count for each user and apply the award to them as well. Finally I would like to see an auto award for the (M32) Donation Tracker system, with an expiry date. We presently have monthly donation goals, and it would be nice if the awards system could auto award a donation award to anyone who submits a donation. It would be even better if we could then set up an expiry date for the end of month (every month), so the donation award is then removed from that donator. Sure enough if they then donate the following month, the system would automatcially apply the appropriate award again, and so on. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have some ideas that could be implemented in auto mode reward. Because at now we are only able to determine the appropriate amount of posts to users.
This is my suggestions:
- Reward for writing the appropriate number of selected topics in the forum
- Reward for writing the appropriate number of posts in the selected forum
- Reward for the appropriate length of stay on a forum such as 24 hours (with the possibility of setting your own time)
- Get to a selected group

Edit:
Oh, I see that I'm little late, because most of my proposal is already on the list! The most function I was miss in that mod is private messages sending to an awarded recipient.

Oh I've almost forgot with this one:
- Achieve a certain number of visits on forum

I am busy with other bits of awards at the moment, auto/bulk awarding stuff I will look at after I get 3.0.1 out the door.

That's ok, I'm very grateful that someone took up writing as a continuation of this mod, because this is the only decent mod for that script.

Good luck at work on it!

PS: I've already done the update from your guide, is well written, thanks for it!

Just a reminder that the v2.2.4 recursive update issue is resolved in v3.0.0 if you upgrade to IP.Board v3.3.0 you must do the JLogica Awards upgrade or you system will probably be unusable (in the ACP at least).

As a soft forward plan the v3.0.x series of JLogica Awards will be fixing the outstanding issues and moving away from the name 'Awards' to break the application conflict with the other awards system. It is a pig to resolve.

Now here's there thing...

There have been 117 downloads of JLogica Awards .. I asked that you ... each down loader give a five star rating. Less than ten have, that's pathetic tell me why I should even bother with publishing v3.0.1 which has taken me three full days of work when you can't be bothered to pay me a simple compliment that tales less than a few seconds?

And you guys wonder why people will not accede to feature requests .. sheez

With the upmost respect. I haven't downloaded your version yet, as there aren't any new features. As far as I see you have fixed the upgrade display. Forgive that isn't the case. I guess you will get the praise you deserve once you have provided the features that members have requested. I know I will. Don't get too disheartened about star ratings. I believe anyone looking at an app reads the support topic before deciding. I think you look above this post you will see plenty of positive comments towards you. Keep up the good work, and deliver some additional features on top of the original awards system that Alec did, and the praise will come :)

There have been 117 downloads of JLogica Awards .. I asked that you ... each down loader give a five star rating. Less than ten have, that's pathetic tell me why I should even bother with publishing v3.0.1 which has taken me three full days of work when you can't be bothered to pay me a simple compliment that tales less than a few seconds?

Actually I haven't downloaded it yet.

To be honest, I don't find ratings and likes to be a good way to tell someone you appreciate what they do. I think words are better which is why I post in the thread. I can fulfill your request though if you'd like.

Well I can tell you that you're revamp of the inv Awards fixed the false "Upgrade Available" notification and in turn, allowed me to finish updating my board to 3.3, otherwise I'd still be locked out of my admin panel trying to figure it out.

So for that I thank you!

So, is this latest version compatible with 3.3? If so, does a previous version need installed first or just the latest version? Thank you in advance, I will provide feedback where needed.....and I will 'second' the auto-promo workings with the Donation plugin from DevFuse....so when a donor makes a donation, they get an "award" image for it.

So, is this latest version compatible with 3.3? If so, does a previous version need installed first or just the latest version?

I am doing development n IPB v3.3.0 so I definitely works, if you are doing a new install simply grab the current one and install it and all should be fine.

As to the comments regarding the votes ... I realise that the number of 5 star ratings is not much, but at this stage I am not going to be charging for Awards at the very least until I am happy with the codebase and that will be v3.1.x at the earliest. But you guys need to be aware that in order to give me a warm fuzzy feeling about unmangling the code I have asked for the vote as a reward from the people who are happy. Whether you think that 5 star ratings are of value to you isn't the point it is what I have asked for as a thank you.

No coding today very unwell .. blah.

Cheers
Larry

Archived