Download: [HQ] Awards (Free)

InvisionHQ

Public awarding should be fixed in the next build. Automatic Awarding will likely stay dead until I have the base code working a bit better. I keep finding funny code that needs to be reviewed and strightened out.

You are Road Runner :D Super support. Now ver. 3.0.6 works fine

mep mep just trying to steer clear of coyote!
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy to pay for the full version, however having it ionCubed may turn me off. Hardly anyone here likes ionCube. It was a serious pain for me to get it working before for one mod and I don't want to go through that pain again. Also not all hosting providers will not allow ionCube therefore you will lose some potential sales.

EDIT: For the lite version, I think you should remove the "Max 25 Users" limit. Because communities wouldn't want to use your mod if it's so restricted like that. And what do you mean "no user based awarding?" You mean you can only award users via the ACP? For the lite version, you are suppose to show the users a good taste of this mod. Blocking these key features will just annoy us and backfire.

I would be happy to pay for the full version, however having it ionCubed may turn me off. Hardly anyone here likes ionCube.

I am not a great fan of the ioncube model (or any of the php solutions for code hiding) dunno not doing it yet anyway. Might not happen.

So far as a demo version having it all signing and all dancing is nice in theory but what is the incentive to then buy the full version? My idea is to let you have a play like an entree not a 20 course banquet. as I do not want to get into timed trials and such a restricted demo seems the only way to work it.

I think your price is more than fair for the amount of work you're doing and support you provide.

Admittedly though the encoding turns me off too. However, I understand your reasoning for it and won't try to convince you otherwise. Just if you want my opinion on it I wouldn't recommend you do it.

15$/ year and 5$/year makes sense.But since paypal takes % cut, I wouldn't blame u for making it 7$.

Ioncube - You will loose me as customer. .. wasted 25$ before on one mod where coder dropped the support and his server went down so I wasn't able to use his mod..

Ex: 10$/year - 50 customers vs 15$/year - 30 customers. In first one you are going to make more... Just suggestion. Rest is up to you.

I would rather pay a one off amount e.g. $20 for a fully functional version with no expiry date. If I'm paying an annual fee like I do to IPS for their products I would expect a new version with enhancements every year.

I'm more than happy to pay. A awards system is crucial to my site and I guess for many others.

Cheers
3DKiwi

The code itself will not have any expiry, the issue is that unless there is a lot of new blood after a year nothing coming in means no incentive to develop, or keep it up to the latest IPB versions. It is a two-edged sword no matter what approach is taken. My preference would be for it to be free, if I win lotto no worries.

I'm happy to pay a one off of more than 15. The reason I don't like the renewals, is that we have no guarrantee that the author will not just up and leave. Not saying you will, but it happens, like the previous author of this. Then we can be out of pocket.

I suppose you could look at it from the other angle, where it keeps you more interested in adding feAtures in the future, in the knowledge you will get that little bit more revenue.

Either way it seems a fair price. Though I would like to see all those features we have requested implemented in quickly.

Also a big no to ioncube. I understand you don't want Nulled versions out there, but quick google searches bring them up, and you simply prosecute them, and make more money :)

Paid version = yes / renewall = no. I would like to paid at once and have a legal mod. But if you want to add renewall option it will better for those members who have a problems with that mod. Something like individual support (on own site, etc.)
Ioncube version = you lost at least 1 customer more.

PS: This is only my suggestion, nothing else :wink:

PS2: tomekkru na jakiej stronce posiadasz moda? I czy wszystko w wersji 3.0.6 działa? :smile:

The awards won't display in userpane neither in signature.

I have enabled eveything so it shows on the pane and signature, but it just doesn't show it in there

I don't know whats the problem..

Check your site with Google Chrome. This displays a missing image icon. Perhaps the links to the images are wrong? You have loaded some award images?

3DKiwi

The awards won't display in userpane neither in signature.

A url to look would be handy, as far as I know there are no issues with the hooks.

I'm happy to pay a one off of more than 15. The reason I don't like the renewals, is that we have no guarrantee that the author will not just up and leave. Not saying you will, but it happens, like the previous author of this. Then we can be out of pocket.

ummm .. if I disappear Invision kills the download, no charges would be made.

As I said you need to look at it from my point of view. There is very little incentive to do enhancements when it doesn't generate anything. A once only payment is great if you don't have to do anything afterwards and you release major upgrades as a new product which is the other main model (ie MS).

I am working on the next release.

This one has major changes to the hooks & settings so that additional bits can be added. So long as the upgrade works you will have fairly minimal change but you will need to review things. This one will also add the Badge functionality (like [HQ] Badges - I was already coding this when he made it an app) each hook has its own settings rather than them all being intermingled.

What I would like is about three intrepid souls to act as testers when I have it ready. By the time you get it for testing I will have already installed it on three test systems, plus JLogica & RBR.

Thanks
Larry

So far as a demo version having it all signing and all dancing is nice in theory but what is the incentive to then buy the full version? My idea is to let you have a play like an entree not a 20 course banquet. as I do not want to get into timed trials and such a restricted demo seems the only way to work it.

All I'm saying is, for the demo version make the basic stuff fully functional. That includes the basic user awarding. That's basic, even the other awards mod has this feature for free.

Special enhancements such as Auto Awarding can be saved for the full version.

Speaking of auto awarding I hope you start doing it asap, that feature alone is the most attracting part of this mod.

A url to look would be handy, as far as I know there are no issues with the hooks.

ummm .. if I disappear Invision kills the download, no charges would be made.

As I said you need to look at it from my point of view. There is very little incentive to do enhancements when it doesn't generate anything. A once only payment is great if you don't have to do anything afterwards and you release major upgrades as a new product which is the other main model (ie MS).

Hence the second sentence I stated that I could understand why you would want to do a renewal charge, as it would be a further incentive to continue working on it. I'm easy either way.

I have installed a fresh installation of your lastest version and it seems to be working nice. Although as soon as I add a reward to someone, I click on the awards tab on my forums and I get this error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function listings_row() on a non-object in /applications_addon/other/jawards/modules_public/awards/awards.php on line 221

Hi Jlogica,

On author_info the awards box seems to be in the wrong spot. Hard to put in writing so heres some screenies:

Before 3.3 install (inv awards)

%7Boption%7D

After 3.3 install (jlogica awards)

post-186310-0-99098300-1333452740.jpg

I would like to get awards down the bottom again. Any ideas?

That seems to be a skin problem could you try recaching the skin sets and see if the issue is fixed. Have not hit that before though.

I have tried it but without success, still same error ...

Fatal error: Call to a member function listings_row() on a non-object in /admin/applications_addon/other/jawards/modules_public/awards/awards.php on line 221

Do you have an idea about it ? It only happens when I give a reward. When user do not have any reward I get the real page showing (user do not have any reward yet...).

Best regards

Hello, JLogica. Thank you for a great mod. Works flawlessly, but there is one drawback, and I would be very grateful if you can help solve this problem. I use this mod for the issuance of awards to winners of the contests in the gallery, and I need to the comments to the award provide a link to the winning photo. The problem is that the input field does not support bbcode, and there is no possibility to insert a link in a normal clickable form. It seems to me the solution of this problem it would be helpful not only to me. Thank you in advance.

[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif]The problem is that the input field does not support bbcode,[/font][/color]

I have added your request to my list

Archived