Download: [HQ] Awards (Free)

InvisionHQ

The full version has been updated and it should fix the broken images. AutoAward byPost may still be broken will look at that one next.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH, very sorry, I figured it out. I now realize the counter is per award, not for total awards of different types.

So, my next request:

Can you add the feature to have the post user info pane show just the most recent award won, with a counter of that users total awards of ALL types? Would be a nice clean option to have IMHO.

Just a quick note to advise that Awards v3.0.10 has been released and is available in the download area for purchasers of the Awards system. This update only changes processing in the full version so v3.0.9 is still current for the 'free' one.

The fixes/changes in this release are;

• Delete award not visible on the front end if the user does not have delete permission
  • Added a new display option to Profile/Signature display so that the latest award only shows with a count of all awards
  • Auto-Award byPost should now be working it has two modes, display all eligible awards or only the highest

Auto-Awarding has been a major pain as the code originally developed didn't allow adding other auto-awarding functions without serious code changes to the core for every one wanted I think it is now more flexible. The Auto-Award byPost hook has been removed from the core as if you are not using it you don't want the overhead, all Auto-Award plugins will be the same you only install the hooks if you want them so that you don't take the overhead hit unnecessarily.

The full code rewrite is still continuing, the frontend processing has not been touched much yet as the admin side is still not finished. Also, need to start the documentation once I am fairly sure that the major code hacking has settled down.

regards,
Larry

We plan to modify our profile tab view of awards to be similar to a 'four square' app. What I mean by that is that on a members profile view, you'll see all possible awards listed, but dimmed out. Then, if you ever get the award, it is lit up or 'visible'. Our board will have about 20 awards that members can earn in various ways (posts counts, contests, admin awarded, etc..).

Before we edit your profile view tab to do this, I thought I would ask: Do you have any interest in adding this as an option on the full version of the app? Something like "Profile Tab Full Awards View" or something like that......

Just updating v3.0.11 on RBR.

Are you talking about hacking the application to do this? That will leave you hard to upgrade in the future!

I will have a look at it.....

Just updating v3.0.11 on RBR.

Are you talking about hacking the application to do this? That will leave you hard to upgrade in the future!

I will have a look at it.....

Yeah, that's why I prefer if it is included in the application rather than adding it ourselves. :) Would be great if it was added. Let me know if you have any questions on what I was describing.

Can you send me some images of what you want over at JLogica please just so I make sure that what I do is what you want.

Sure, but the simple description:

Member Profile Award Tab would look just like your current award tab in the main menu bar does, with one major change: any award that has NOT been awarded to the member being viewed would be faded out, or dim. Like the forum icon for a forum that has already been read vs the forum icon for a forum that HAS been read.

I have added a new process called 'achievements', every image is visible but if they have not been awarded that achievement the image is modified with an opacity (which is itself a setting). You can turn on/off showing multi-awards, it is either off or show counter.

If you make the images all the same size you can build any sort of tile you like. Finishing some other code for a simple badge system should be available tomorrow(ish).

I have added a new process called 'achievements', every image is visible but if they have not been awarded that achievement the image is modified with an opacity (which is itself a setting). You can turn on/off showing multi-awards, it is either off or show counter.

What build is this in (just want to check to make sure I have the correct and most recent installed)?

Line breaks are not parsing. So is this fixed in a newer version? I might be a version or two behind. By the way this picture is taken in the profile tab view

Line breaks? There should not be anything with a line break in an award?

v3.0.11 Build 323 is the current release, achievements will be in the next release.

Line breaks? There should not be anything with a line break in an award?

v3.0.11 Build 323 is the current release, achievements will be in the next release.

I have line breaks in the description of the awards since regular pressing of the enter key does not translate to a line break in this system

I have line breaks in the description of the awards since regular pressing of the enter key does not translate to a line break in this system

ack don't do that the description is meant to be short not the full explanation. I have it on my list to do an Award page (ie available ones) might I suggest something like and I realise it is not there I am thinking, that there is some text that appears in the users awards cabinet like 'Click here to view the blah blah for this award' which is linked to whatever page you want to show? Wouldn't that be mucho better, the link could be to a topic or whatever suits (IP.Content Page, custom html page etc).

Archived