Download: [HQ] Awards (Free)

InvisionHQ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fix?

Sorry but you are using something for a different purpose than intended whilst I understand you may want it to do something else ... hohum

You need to change the Award type in the category to 'Achievement' and make sure that the hook is enable and configured. It is not a profile award :sorcerer:

You need to change the Award type in the category to 'Achievement' and make sure that the hook is enable and configured. It is not a profile award :sorcerer:

Ut oh, this is not where I thought they would be. I thought this would be in the profile tab, not the post view. Did you get the image I PM'ed?

The point would be to have in the post view, just the latest award won, with the counter, as you added earlier. That was great. But then, in the profile view (the profile "awards" tab), you would see the list of possible awards, with awards achieved lit up, and awards not yet achieved dimmed out, like the image I sent.

If that's not possible, no problem, but I think it would be a more logical way to do it. The way you've got it, with the full list of achievements in the post area gets very crazy with 20 possible awards.

---

The other benefit of having it this way is that you can then turn off the "awards" tab on the main navigation menu (the application tab on public side) as you don't need the full list of awards there anymore... .it would already exist in the profile view for every member (though un-achieved ones would be dimmed out).

It is in the profile .. look at he images in the gallery on JLogica it is pretty much exactly as you asked for, any fiddly display changes can be done in the skin bit.

If you set the eye icon to off they will not be in the cabinet as well.

%7Boption%7D

It is in the profile .. look at he images in the gallery on JLogica it is pretty much exactly as you asked for, any fiddly display changes can be done in the skin bit.

If you set the eye icon to off they will not be in the cabinet as well.

[img]

[/img]

I'm not seeing them at all in the profile. I click: My Profile ---> Awards Tab ----> nothing there

I only see them in the member user pane on post view.

I have had many problems with the free version, which prevents me from purchasing the paid version. The Awards actually display above people's signatures (right beneath the text). Regardless of setting the signature awards to center & with the counter, it only displays to the left & shows multiple awards (of the same award instead of the counter).

I switched between Themes, & it displayed the same on my default IP Board theme, & my custom them.

I'm not seeing them at all in the profile. I click: My Profile ---> Awards Tab ----> nothing there

Profile? I thought the idea was that in each topic they would have an awards achievements block that would show all of the available awards but dim out those that they have not been issued with, that is what I built. Changing the basis for the Awards Cabinet .. that's what it is supposed to be the users trophies me lost.

Just to make sure it is the center/left/right that is not working for you right?

Just to make sure it is the center/left/right that is not working for you right?

I am going to print screen it for you. The counter feature (when awarded the same award multiple times) isn't working either. Also where the Awards is displayed, it all out-of-portion.

I am going to print screen it for you. The counter feature (when awarded the same award multiple times) isn't working either. Also where the Awards is displayed, it all out-of-portion.

• Counter is full version only as noted in the download and the product page
  • Send me a link to have a look but all out of proportion the skin template is there for you to change to have the stuff appear as you want if the default layout doesn't suit.

Just checked the code it is emitting the align option, if you want to change how the awards appear in the signature you will need to edit the template bit jawards > topicSig_View to show how you would like it to skin.

The alignment is for the block not the awards, as I have said if you want a custom display format edit the template.

I tried to login to your site (as the link only allows registered users) but my account 'JLogica' is somehow locked.

Are there instructions somewhere on what exactly to do? I used to use Pin Awards, & I never had to do any edits to the template to have it display in the center. I like the 'counter' feature, so I wanted to make the change. Also, am I supposed to disable people from having signatures to use this awards system? It looks like a conflict of interest.

Are there instructions somewhere on what exactly to do? I used to use Pin Awards,

I would suggest that you go back to the awards system you like.

I asked you to fix the access so I could look, no action. You can make the display look anyway you like by simply changing the template that's how skining is done.

I asked you whether it was only the l/c/r .. and checked it was emitting properly.

I am sure that you feel frustrated but I am just as frustrated you will not fix access to your system as requested, the complaint about how things are not working seems to move about so that I don't really know what it is you are unhappy about, I am not a mind reader!

Profile? I thought the idea was that in each topic they would have an awards achievements block that would show all of the available awards but dim out those that they have not been issued with, that is what I built. Changing the basis for the Awards Cabinet .. that's what it is supposed to be the users trophies me lost.

No, we actually are not going to use the awards cabinet, we will be setting it to "last award shown only, with counter". What we are looking for, and would love if it was an option in your app, is having something as I described, where on a users profile page, the awards tab shows all possible awards but dims out the ones that have not been won/achieved by that member, like this:

%7Boption%7D

If you don't like the idea, or don't want to do it, no worries, I still love the application as is. I can try to hack the thing to do this on my own, but would prefer not to obviously.

The idea behind this is that on our site, we have about 20 awards that are possible to win. Our users "collect" them. So it's nice for them to see what they have and don't have, as a motivator to go out and earn what is still dimmed out. But we don't want to clutter the post info pane with it.

I would suggest that you go back to the awards system you like.

I asked you to fix the access so I could look, no action. You can make the display look anyway you like by simply changing the template that's how skining is done.

I asked you whether it was only the l/c/r .. and checked it was emitting properly.

I am sure that you feel frustrated but I am just as frustrated you will not fix access to your system as requested, the complaint about how things are not working seems to move about so that I don't really know what it is you are unhappy about, I am not a mind reader!

Mind reader? I told you everything that was wrong, & even posted a picture of it so you can visually see the problems. You are the only person to have ever said something about an account being locked, I haven't even heard of that. You didn't specify what your issue was, & there's nothing wrong with any member account on my site.

What do you mean by your account is locked?

Mind reader? I told you everything that was wrong, What do you mean by your account is locked?

1. [*]You gave me a link I need an account to use it and I can't login with the account it says wrong user or password (which it aint) when I use the lost password link it says no account huh. [*]You said it was the left/right/centre I verified that it was not that. [*]So the only way I know how to have a look at the issue is to see the html .. back to #1 and as such I am not a mind reader. Fix the account as requested, send me a new password by email, create a new account that works

The idea behind this is that on our site, we have about 20 awards that are possible to win. Our users "collect" them. So it's nice for them to see what they have and don't have, as a motivator to go out and earn what is still dimmed out. But we don't want to clutter the post info pane with it.

I will see if I can add that as an option the number of settings available in Awards is growing at an exponential rate people are going to start whinging that it is too complicated to setup that will get the dummy in spit mode hey :baby:

Archived