It is possible to put a homepage on the forum?

Steven UK

What I mean is, I direct the forum to /forum, but keep the main URL for the domain as .com. Thereby keeping a homepage.

Does IP.Board even have a homepage option, I want the forum to be supplemental to my website.

If you look at my signature, and the main .com will go on the first link, where it says (make money forum) on the main navigation, and the forum will go where it says 'forums'.

Any ideas?

I have purchased it, just not enabled it. Thanks for that.

Wow, serious website you have there: http://www.gamedev.net/ 16k alexa.

I have only just started using this IP.Board software, and it makes me slightly nervous, because I am intending on building a LARGE business on it (I already own very many websites, some turning over 7 figures a year).

But, I have concerns about this software, what made YOU build such a website on this IP.Board platform?

If you don't mind me asking.

Purchase IP.Content.. We use it extensively at

http://www.gamedev.net/

In fact, we ONLY use IPS software on our site.

Wow, fantastic site you have made there.
The home section, especially "Around the Web" how did you make that one? Is it also IP.Content where you have added the "Up/Down" arrows?

And how did you make the Jobs section? Looks and works great.

Thanks, and once again, wonderful site!

• 2 weeks later...

Purchase IP.Content.. We use it extensively at

http://www.gamedev.net/

In fact, we ONLY use IPS software on our site.

What plugins did you use to get IP content to appear as different pages? I'm trying to make a better looking homepage right now and I can't seem to control the layout of Articles. I just need a static page that is separate from the articles section.

What plugins did you use to get IP content to appear as different pages? I'm trying to make a better looking homepage right now and I can't seem to control the layout of Articles. I just need a static page that is separate from the articles section.

That is just a page that is built via IP.Content and is set as the default page for IP.Content. On top of that, the default app is set as IP.Content. If you notice, every app installed looks like a separate page/directory.

All that is available pretty much out of the box (minus the setting of default app to IP.Content which requires a one line file edit and the custom menu in the skin).

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

@mat206 Really clean work, how were you able to turn the /discover page content into a module for the homepage?? I love it with sidebars.

It’s not a module. You can just define the whole discover page as front page, just as you would with the forums index or a Pages page. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/17/2012 at 1:22 PM, Steven UK said:

I have only just started using this IP.Board software, and it makes me slightly nervous, because I am intending on building a LARGE business on it (I already own very many websites, some turning over 7 figures a year).

If you check the Invision website (can't remember where, but off the homepage), you'll see that Invision has large clients like Sega, Lego, and others.  Other sites have millions of users.

Pretty sure your businesses are safe with Invision software. 😎

Archived