Download: (AA) IP.Columns

Cloaked

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (AA) IP.Columns
File Submitter: Cloaked
File Submitted: 15 Feb 2012
File Updated: 18 Feb 2012
File Category: Light Skins

This is a clean light 2 column skin. The base color is light blue.

The skin should be compatible with all official IPB apps.

Included in the zip:

This skin was developed on 3.2.3 and it might not work on prior versions of 3.2.

To get the forum images to show if some are missing you need to get the id's of each of you forums. Once you have that you need to ftp to your public/style_images/columns/forums-imgs folder and rename the images to match the forum id's.

If you have forum with an id of 10 and if there is no 10.png no image will show. Just rename one of the images to 10.png and the image will now work.

Alternatively you could download your own images and name them by id number.

0.2 fixes a problem when guest posting was enabled and I also cleaned up the userinfo template.

Click here to download this file

Skin Files

Images

Readme with installation instructions

Hi, thanks for the skin. A little feedback if you dont mind.
I really liked the colors but felt that it got a bit "messy" and hard to find the forums when you use categories.
Would it for example be possible to group the columns into sections, like;

Section1:Forum1 Forum2
Forum3 Forum4
Section2:Forum1 Forum2
Forum3
Section3:Forum1 Forum2
Section4:Forum1 Forum2
Forum3 Forum4

Or make it more visible which forums are related to which section?
etc?

Hi, thanks for the skin. A little feedback if you dont mind.

I really liked the colors but felt that it got a bit "messy" and hard to find the forums when you use categories.

Would it for example be possible to group the columns into sections, like;

Section1:Forum1 Forum2

Forum3 Forum4

Section2:Forum1 Forum2

Forum3

Section3:Forum1 Forum2

Section4:Forum1 Forum2

Forum3 Forum4

Or make it more visible which forums are related to which section?

etc?

In boardindex template at the top about 10 lines down there is a place where you can uncomment the code to make the cat headers visible for each section.
  • 7 months later...

Hi all ,
usually I report copyrights issues privately but in this case I really feel that I need to post publicly because :
1- the member is an admin of big known site , so he know exactly that this not allowed
2- He copied it and posted it in the same site (LoL :hyper: )

this skin based on my layout and I did not give him a permission to copy my layout and css classes
this is really impolite to copy my paid skins and use it in your work
Proof : compare it with any of my skins which has grid layouts (nacht ,whispers (copied from this ), maxx , also very old skins like modern skin, ....... ) you will see that he use my html and my css classes

I can offer unlimited screenshots from more than 10 skins with the same layout starting from 3.1.x version to 3.3.x versions

Here I request :
1-banning this member from Marketplace
2- there are 106 download and each copy of my skins is 15$ so I want him to send me 1590$ (this is serious request )
3- he should remove my work from his work completely in all boards like this one
http://community.ipb...le/1-ipcolumns/

this funny part he use (AA) as prefix and my name Ali Ajouz :lol:

usually I report copyrights issues privately but in this case I really feel that I need to post publicly because :

this skin based on my layout and I did not give him a permission to copy my layout and css classes

this is really impolite to copy my paid skins and use it in your work

You should have reported it privately this time as well. No good can come from doing it publicly because either he might decide to not respond publicly to your claims, which can look bad on him even if he has a legitimate/valid reason for his actions (or if this happens to be a mere coincidence despite how it all looks), or he might respond and there could be things that are said that could be lies (by either of you) and people will end up taking sides on who to believe, etc. Just better handled privately, period.

I can offer unlimited screenshots from more than 10 skins with the same layout starting from 3.1.x version to 3.3.x versions

Here I request :

1-banning this member from Marketplace

2- there are 106 download and each copy of my skins is 15$ so I want him to send me 1590$ (this is serious request )

3- he should remove my work from his work completely in all boards like this one

http://community.ipb...le/1-ipcolumns/
1 - Banning from the Marketplace is a decision left up to the MP mods/IPS staff. Just because you request it doesn't mean it will happen and even if it does, it's still a private issue, not one for everyone else to know about.

2. If you feel you have undeniable proof, then you should consult an lawyer about recovering potentially lost revenue. Many lawyers (at least in the U.S.) offer free consultations to determine if there is any gain not only for them but for you. It's sort of like free legal advice. If they tell you that they feel that there isn't a case or that it would be pointless to pursue it, and it's a free consultation, then you just got free legal advice. If they tell you that your better off letting it go and you decide to go after him anyways, you could end up spending more money than you recover, which means you'll have wasted your time.

3 - Again, something that should be handled privately. For here, contact the MP mods. For other sites, consult a lawyer. It might be as simple as issuing a DMCA takedown notice not only to the websites hosting the skins for sale (or in use), but the hosting companies as well, to ensure that it's being acted up. Again though, consult a lawyer because if it's not done correctly or if it's done when it shouldn't have been, you could get into legal trouble. So, again, consult a lawyer before doing anything. (If you don't and you do things on your own and you end up being sued and losing, hey, you were advised to consult a lawyer, so that falls on you).

this funny part he use (AA) as prefix and my name Ali Ajouz :lol:

This isn't really proof (at least, not in and of itself). He may have a legitimate and provable reason for using that same prefix. Granted, it's highly unlikely and I'm sure a mathematician could figure out the odds/probability of such an thing occurring, but it's still within the realm of possibility. It still comes down to handling it in private with the MP mods and consulting a lawyer. What you do is report the file so the MP mods can investigate and decide, and also, consult a lawyer. I can't stress both enough.

Archived