IP Board 1.3.1 final version to GNU LGPL

Landal

Landal, purchasing of a new board will be the best choice for ya. You can choose whether if vBulletin or IP.Board but I would recommend you to use IPB 3.2.2 for your community. Its worth the money and everything goes simpler.. As the nice people said above; IPB 1.3 is outdated and is written in history, IPB 3.2.2 and vB 4 don't look back even if there are so many boards that are recommended for you if you are looking for a free community. myBB, punBB, phpBB3, etc.

The problem with running 1.3 is it requires outdated versions of mysql and php. A server would only be able to host 1.3 OR 2.x, 3.x. I think that if IPS had spare time, they could rewrite Invision power board based on their 1.3 within the new server environment and release it as another product. I think that that will help solve the real reason why most came to invision power in the first place since we all loved 1.3 and its simplicity. At the end of the day, i still use 2.3, 3.1, and now have 3.2.

If IPS did consider this, i would be one of the people who'd buy another license for 1.3 since i enjoyed how simple it used to be.... if you compare to the 3rd gen versions.

The old 1.3 version of the IP Board will never be competitive new IP Board.

And the older version of IP Board will not buy because there are many new, fast, and [u]open[/u] internet forums: phpBB, myBB, SMF, PunBB and others.

(Whoops, liked wrong post)

Well you understand that Matt have said a big bold no, so I don't know what you want.

Archived