Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatal error: Call to private method login_core::_checkFailedLogins() from context 'login_wordpress_sso' in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/forum/XXXX/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php on line 326

I can't logout if I'm logged in, I can't login, if I'm out.
Ok, now I'm tired. Tomorrow I'll test it better..
A couple of errors like those and I left.

With the application ON, I cannot logout from forum.
Is it possible to 'merge' the wp users with the IPB users (except the pswd due the different encryption) if they have the same email? 5 users in the home (wp, but I have in total 6 users in wp, all administrators so they have the all rights to write and do all the operations needed) in total.
I'm a bit disappointed, due the price of the program in reference to the documentation and the bugs. 50 dollars is a lot, as is now.
I'll be back later, now I cannot 'check', but there are several things that don't work.

I'll look into your first issue - but as for the merging, that already happens, WP users are merged if they have the same email, and the passwords are also merged.

What are the several things which don't work? Apart from your logging out issue (which I believe only happens if you are logged into WordPress before hand), what else is wrong? It worked fine in the extensive testing I gave it.

Per documentation, what needs to be documented? All the settings in the Admin CP have detailed descriptions saying what they do, and there is a installation guide to work you through the process. Is there anything that actually needs documenting?

EDIT: First issue was as I thought, being logged into WordPress - I've already patched it, you can reupload the files or simply edit /admin/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php and add this function

/**

* Logout call back, log out from WordPress!

* @access public

* @return void

*/

public function logoutCallback()

{

if ( $this->settings['wordpress_sso_enabled'] && $this->settings['wordpress_api_url'] )

{

@header( 'Location: ' . $this->settings['wordpress_api_url'] . '/wp-ssoapi.php?logout=1' );

exit;

}

}

Underneath

public function __construct( ipsRegistry $registry, $method, $conf=array() )

{

$this->method_config    = $method;

parent::__construct( $registry );

}

Sorry about that.

I've already re-uploaded the all package, when you said that did it. Nothing changes.
Let me understand:

• I've installed the wp plugin (the cookie one)
  • uploaded the files (the part that goes into wp-content, and out the file called wp-ssoapi.php, that is out of WP-content folder), either in wp root, or in forum's root.
  • into the forum's root is now present a new file called wordpress_sso.php, while the other files go where they have to go. Simply uploaded and that's it.
  • Uploaded the hook, meantime enabled the cookie plugin and the IPS plugin previously uploaded into wp folder (that is my main site http://www.discusclub.net)

Settings: WordPress SSO Configuration

I'll update about the wp setting, to give to you the complete scenario. Only one thing: of course it was enabled, not like in the screenshot.

post-183717-0-63611100-1310072027_thumb.

Ok, in the meantime AH Modding discovered that I had a bad silly problem with my cookies, and he solved the problem trying by himself.
Thank you for the efforts, I'll wait some extra option, that will be the welcome.
It does what it must do, BTW.
Thank you really.

Trying this on my site.

I've previously tried the Converge option which I couldn't get to work and ipbwi which appeared to work at first but required everyone to have their password reset manually eventually.

Anyway so far this is working better but I'm still not getting it to work perfectly.

Creating an account on my ip board sets up a Wordpress account. The same username and password works in both the board and in Wordpress. However signing in on Wordpress does not leave me signed in on Board and the same applies the other way around.

Logging out appears to work fine. If I log out on one system I seem to be automatically logged out on the other.

Trying this on my site.

I've previously tried the Converge option which I couldn't get to work and ipbwi which appeared to work at first but required everyone to have their password reset manually eventually.

Anyway so far this is working better but I'm still not getting it to work perfectly.

Creating an account on my ip board sets up a Wordpress account. The same username and password works in both the board and in Wordpress. However signing in on Wordpress does not leave me signed in on Board and the same applies the other way around.

Logging out appears to work fine. If I log out on one system I seem to be automatically logged out on the other.

I will look into this for you shortly. You do have the root cookie plugin enabled on WordPress yes?

How does this work with comments with people with IPB accounts, but not WP?

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

For me, the important thing is the sync. Better to re-start in wp during the sync, than have duplicated names in IPB. If this is doable, please, explain how, as I still didn't . I've tested with an IPB user (you know, as you've used), but the name on WP became as stated into the instructions, with a strange prefix. If the writers (that are moderators in IPB) , admins in WP become admins in IPB I'll have troubles ;-)))
Better (if available) the opposite option: IPB users, become wp users. Is it possible, without damages to the IPB and WP tables?

Would you like to sync usernames between WordPress and IP.Board, if yes, IP.Board will use the same usernames that are in WordPress.

Can it be changed with the function that WP will use, to the associated email, the same name that already exist in IPB? This is the meaning of my request.

Sync Administrators[color=#666666][size=3]

If yes, Administrators in WordPress will be Administrators in IP.Board.

Even here: Can it doable: Administrators in IP.Board will be administrator in wp, and not like now?

I'll get some of those options into the WordPress side in the next update, yes. It takes a bit longer for me to develop the WordPress side of things as it's obviously an app I don't have as an extensive knowledge on compared to IP.Board.

Jura - I'm not sure how WordPress works in that sense, but it's most likely that it would stay how they currently are. If you make a comment on WordPress as a guest, does it update it when you eventually sign up with that email? If not, then I doubt i'll do that either.

This will be the top! Information to display in a widget like users online and so on...it can be developer later.
Actually the main thing is how to sync users, so this program can be the real bridge wp<>IPB. Don't forget that the wp users don't have user registered as in a forum. So, basically the forum's setting has to have the primary attention. I don't care if I can have displayed my name in WP as old_salvo instead of Salvo. But if the admins of WP become admins into the forum, and the names changed for most of them it should become a nightmare. IMHO.

I do yeah.

Would you mind PM'ing me with details to your board so I can see what's happening with the cookies?

Do you see any potential big security issues here? I'll definitely be a buyer once this gets ironed out and safety concerns are alleviated.

Depends on the end user configuration, I've made it as secure as possible. By default 'sync usernames' is off, this means users will ONLY be paired if they have the same email address in both IP.Board and WordPress. If you turn sync usernames on, it will attempt to find by email first, but if it can't it will attempt to find by username - as said this is optional and should be used with caution: this will sync users which have the same name. So if 'Alex' was found in WordPress, and 'Alex' was found in IPB - they would be synced.

As said, that's disabled by default.

All I would require from this mod is for it to allow you to login using IPB only and be able to post comments as your forum user with avatar on wordpress articles, without creating other accounts... Is this possible?

Archived