Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

I've just disabled it for now, it starting to bring other problems like when trying to sign out the wordpress login page would show up.

I've heard that over at the WordPress forums a few times, it seems to be a WordPress issue that it only *sometimes* respects the &redirect_to command on the login/logout URLs, I haven't got to the bottom of it and I believe it is actually a WordPress bug - will see if there is a workaround though.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi A.H! Thanks so much for creating this mod. I've been looking hard for good a WP+IPB solution.

I just upgraded to 1.2.0 and I tried to register through IPB, but i'm getting a fatal error:

Warning: file_get_contents(/wp-ssoapi.php?email=b10857906%40klzlk.com&check=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in (....)/admin/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php on line 453

Is registering through IPB not supported? Thanks for your help.

Nevermind, I didn't set the blog URL in the settings. Oops!

I just want to say, this is finally the hook that i'm looking for for so long (IPB-wordpress). Thank You for making this happened, and I'm looking forward to the updates of this hooks in the future for more functions. also want to say, this author is one of the best you can get out there, patience, and friendly, and of course, very helpful!

cheers!

I just want to say, this is finally the hook that i'm looking for for so long (IPB-wordpress). Thank You for making this happened, and I'm looking forward to the updates of this hooks in the future for more functions. also want to say, this author is one of the best you can get out there, patience, and friendly, and of course, very helpful!

cheers!

Thank you for the kind comments. :)

Hey, since 1.3 was released I haven't heard any bugs come through - I think it is fairly stable (though best to ask others that!) - there isn't an installation service as such because I've made it as simple to install as possible, there is a read me which guides you through the process.

In essence - upload files to IP.Board, upload files to WordPress, run installers on both WordPress and IP.Board, configure the settings and you're done.

I installed plugin.

When you are logged off from Wordpress appears to me the white page that says invalid. A link is from the forum = http://forumbeta.caz...t=1&session_id.

When you sign out of the IPB forums go to the page of a WordPress log-in:
http://www6.cazin.ne...direct_to=http% 3A% 2F% 2Fwww6.cazin.net%2Fwp-admin% 2F & reauth = 1

What I am not well configured?

Postscript I'm sorry for my bad negleskog

Have 2 small problems

1 - Signing out of WordPress doesn't sign you out of the forum (other way works fine)

2 - Avatars aren't linked.

Otherwise its 1000% perfect!

I'll have to look into those two issues when I return. General note for support: I am on holiday for a week and will not return until the 27th so will not be available to answer questions, I'll get back to you as soon as I can when I return though!

Hello -

I purchased the hook, followed the installation instructions (including the root cookie plugin), and everything was going fine. Updated the settings for the hook, cool. Activated the Wordpress plugin, cool. But when I updated the Wordpress Plugin Settings to turn on the SSO, my site became completely unresponsive. Other sites on the same server loaded fine, but everything on my "www.bleachernation.com" site (including the IPB forum at "www.bleachernation.com/forum") would not load. It just hung. I was lucky to get the site to respond enough to turn off the SSO in the Wordpress Plugin Settings (after 10 tries and 9 503 timeouts).

Any thoughts on what the issue might be? As of now, I'm hesitant to turn it back on any time soon for fear that it will prevent my site from loading again.

To add information: the problem only begins when I turn on SSO on Wordpress. Everything is activated on the IPB side, and the site is still responsive. But as soon as I flip the switch on the Wordpress side, the site doesn't load anymore.

I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of using this Hook, so I hope there is a solution.

EDIT: Ok, forget the last two posts. You must hate when stupid people ask questions...

Turns out I'd missed uploading one of the files.

Ok, now that it's working, I do have two issues:

(1) My login on both Wordpress and IPB is "admin," but my display name on both was "Brett." Sometime between turning on the SSO this afternoon and now, my display name on IPB only changed to "admin." When I try to change it back to "Brett," it gives me an error, saying another user already has that name. Any thoughts on how to fix it so I can be displayed as "Brett" again?

(2) Members who register on Wordpress are not showing up in the IPB Admin CP members list or at the bottom of the board index (i.e., where it says there are "x members, newest member is x." This is a bit of a problem both because it doesn't reflect the true number of members or the newest member, and because I cannot delete or manage those members from the Admin CP. Those users do show up on the "member list" in the forum, however. But that appears to be the only place they show up.

Hiya,

Im very interested in this, but got a couple of questions first, which I dont think have been answered in the thread so far, unless I've missed them - in which case I apologise for double posting. :)

1. Would this word if the WP is on a different domain to the IPB. For example, the WP is on www.mysite.com, and the IPB is on www.myothersite.com.

2. Is it possible to have a read of the installation readme file first so I can make sure I can do it? I'm not the worlds most confident mod-installer by anymeans lol. :D *shamed-face* (If thats not possible, no worries.)

Um, thats all I can think of for now. Im really excited about this mod, like others I've been searching everywhere for a similar thing with no luck until today. My biggest worry is the cross-domains issue of question 1, but if thats possible then I think it's very likely I'll be getting this mod.

Thanks for your help! Hope you had a nice, relaxing holiday. :)

Jason.

@BrettBN

AH Modding should be back soon

I'll have to look into those two issues when I return. General note for support: I am on holiday for a week and will not return until the 27th so will not be available to answer questions, I'll get back to you as soon as I can when I return though!

I figured out what's happening with the display name issue: the SSO is automatically overwriting my name in the IPB database using my Wordpress Login name, ignoring my Wordpress display name and my IPB display name. I changed my Wordpress login name in the Wordpress database, logged in, then went to IPB, and it was fixed. May want to look into that, though - it should probably be pulling from the Wordpress display name data, rather than the login name.

Archived