Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have managed to get a little further by modifying the root cookie plugin, this allows me to use forum and blog only on the same domain, soon as you try to go across any subdomains you run into issues like your login won't be carried over.

But honestly this looks pretty dead to me, I posted on Feb 17th and haven't gotten a reply, it's now Feb 29th, what gives ? this is a paid addon and no support wtf ?

Anyway, I'm running the plugin pretty successfully with minor issues on my main domain, I would rather this go across subdomains but the support here is next to none.

See ya.

• 5 weeks later...

I have just installed this Hook, but I have a problem.
Everyone that has not be logged in, is defined as one specific user account, so you must login on WP-Admin, or else you will be that one person.
I was even forced too delete that account, move all the posts over to another account and it seemed to work.....until I refreshed the page and I am automatically signed in as another specific account.
Even if you don't have an account, you're signed in as that account by default.
Is there a way to solve this?

Does anyone know if this is supported on IPB 3.3?

I had an issue when I attempted to upgrade to it so had to revert to 3.2.3 - I've tried to content the mod author, who surprise surprise hasn't got back to me (despite being mentioned numerous times in this thread that best method of contact is email/pm).

I'm using IP.Board 3.3, and it works really good, actually.
But I do have a suggestion:
How about automatic synchronization?

I mean, users currently register on IP.Board (or WordPress) and need to login to the other system afterwards to re-create an account on it.
Now I thought about something that allows registering on one of the systems and syncs user data with the other system straight away.

@Kami no Ou

I thought AHModding updated it to 1.2.0 to do this :

New in 1.2.0: WordPress now has automatic login, so users do not have to re-enter their username and password, creating a truly seamless experience. Also, an option has been included to sync passwords between WordPress and IP.Board accounts.

What version of the mod are you using?

Hello !

I've a problem with the Wordpress SSO Integration :

I've installed it on my Wordpress (http://wordpress.massive-multigaming.com), and to my IPBoard (http://massive-multigaming.com/forum/), and also installed the RootCookie.
How do you configure the RootCookie?
How do you configure IPBoard Cookies?

When I'm login in to the wordpress with a test account (ID : Viinstest2, Password : test1234*), and I go to the Forum, an Error with the datase appear.
When I go back to the wordpress's site, disconect, and goes to the forum, seem's to be no error...
I think there's a problem with the cookies...

Thank's,
Viins.

I can't change any Display Names anymore.
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting T_STRING or T_NAMESPACE or T_NS_SEPARATOR in /home/######/domains/#########/public_html/forum/hooks/wordpress_sso_ajaxRegister_c25f73ae8ef41849047049984b9a3bf7.php on line 3"

Hi y'all...

i'm having an issue that the plugin does not sync new users anymore?

All users had to do is register on the IP.Board and it synced directly with WP...

SSO works for "old" users, but new users are not added to WP...

WP version 3.3.2.
IP.Board version: 3.2.3

Could the mod creator provide some advice or possibly a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

We just installed this plugin and are having MAJOR issues so far: a. Driver Error. There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. b. When I type in a fake username, it takes over 2 minutes to verify and then says "Username incorrect", which is good BUT it takes 2 minutes... Conclusion - The plugin recognizes the other database but it takes 1-2 minutes to verify every time, and it eventually doesn't even let you login, so it doesn't work as advertised. [*]When we try to login with a Forum username on Wordpress, we get this error: a. "Invalid username or incorrect password" Conclusion - It is not recognizing any usernames from the Forum We activated the plugin in Wordpress, activated it in IP.Board, followed all instructions, and installed Root Cookies. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?

[*]When we try to login with a Wordpress username on the IPB Forum, we get this error:

• 2 weeks later...

An update has been pushed out to this hook: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4349-wordpress-sso-login-integration/

New in 1.3.0: SSO and Login Authentication is now separated. What does this mean? SSO is the part of the hook which automatically logs you in to the account if you are logged into WordPress, or vice versa. If you don't want this functionality, you can now turn this part off but still allow users to login via the login forms. 1.3.0 now fully supports the IP.Board 3.3 series.

Changelog

• IP.Board 3.3 SQL error on installation fixed.
  • Now supports IP.Board 3.3.3.
  • SSO and Logins have been separated so you can turn one or the other off at any time, this fixes issues with sites on multiple domains.
  • Change Display Name in IP.Board now fixed.

Alex, I've been debugging this latest version, and I can't work out how its setting the cookies after the wordpress login, it doesnt seem to do it anywhere? (IE the "member_id" "pass_hash" cookies? )

It works logging on from ipboard to wordpress, but its not setting any cookies the other way (wordpress login , then going to ipboard )

Just bought this module, so hoping we can get it worked out. I have SPENT MONTHS wrestling with IPBWI integration, so its great ot see a a solution that is so simple, and gives me the oppurtunity to work with the source code and developer to sort things out. I'm going to recommend this to so many people if I can get it going successfully.

Thanks

Alex, I've been debugging this latest version, and I can't work out how its setting the cookies after the wordpress login, it doesnt seem to do it anywhere? (IE the "member_id" "pass_hash" cookies? )

It works logging on from ipboard to wordpress, but its not setting any cookies the other way (wordpress login , then going to ipboard )

Just bought this module, so hoping we can get it worked out. I have SPENT MONTHS wrestling with IPBWI integration, so its great ot see a a solution that is so simple, and gives me the oppurtunity to work with the source code and developer to sort things out. I'm going to recommend this to so many people if I can get it going successfully.

Thanks

Do you mean straight away or upon visit? Due to it being SSO when a user logs in to WordPress the member_id and pass_hash cookies wouldn't be set until they visit IP.Board, the code itself in this hook won't set those cookies, IP.Boards framework will do that.

If you want to directly contact me through AIM (listed on my profile) or some other instant solution it might be good to see what's up on the WordPress end and why IP.Board isn't recognising it :)

Archived