Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

First of all, apologies for the delays in these replies, been completely swamped recently with backlog from holiday, upcoming university etc.

Anyway..

Ok, now that it's working, I do have two issues:

(1) My login on both Wordpress and IPB is "admin," but my display name on both was "Brett." Sometime between turning on the SSO this afternoon and now, my display name on IPB only changed to "admin." When I try to change it back to "Brett," it gives me an error, saying another user already has that name. Any thoughts on how to fix it so I can be displayed as "Brett" again?

(2) Members who register on Wordpress are not showing up in the IPB Admin CP members list or at the bottom of the board index (i.e., where it says there are "x members, newest member is x." This is a bit of a problem both because it doesn't reflect the true number of members or the newest member, and because I cannot delete or manage those members from the Admin CP. Those users do show up on the "member list" in the forum, however. But that appears to be the only place they show up.

1. As you've said in a more recently reply, I'm pulling from the wrong column name - will get that updated shortly to pull display name instead.

2. They get an account on first visit, so the member count would gradually increase. There's also a chance they're marked as incomplete members which would mean they'd show up in 'Manage Incomplete Members' - if they do, that's a bug I'll have to take a look at.

Hiya,

Im very interested in this, but got a couple of questions first, which I dont think have been answered in the thread so far, unless I've missed them - in which case I apologise for double posting. :smile:

1. Would this word if the WP is on a different domain to the IPB. For example, the WP is on www.mysite.com, and the IPB is on www.myothersite.com.

2. Is it possible to have a read of the installation readme file first so I can make sure I can do it? I'm not the worlds most confident mod-installer by anymeans lol. :D *shamed-face* (If thats not possible, no worries.)

Um, thats all I can think of for now. Im really excited about this mod, like others I've been searching everywhere for a similar thing with no luck until today. My biggest worry is the cross-domains issue of question 1, but if thats possible then I think it's very likely I'll be getting this mod.

Thanks for your help! Hope you had a nice, relaxing holiday. :smile:

Jason.

1. Authentication would indeed work between the two domains, but the automatic login wouldn't due to cookie restrictions (they can't be shared across domains). Not too much I can do about that unfortunately.

2. http://www.alexhobbs.co.uk/documentation/wordpress_sso.html

How can I fix this?

WordPress 3.2.1 system

invision 3.2.1

Help please

I did everything right Halti the files I installed everything but anyone on the Mordfrs does not seem connected in invision

%7Boption%7D

What version of WordPress are you running? I'll need to probably look into your site in more detail so if you want to send me a PM, I should be able to get you sorted.

If this mod ever becomes supported again, I'll ask why the wordpress_sso.php is absolutely hammering my server. Either something is wrong with it, or it's a really, really intensive process.

Is it being called every page load? That shouldn't be happening at all..
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have forum in one subdomain and wp in a diferent subdomain:

IPB: http:// forum/mydomain.eu
WP: http:// wordpress/mydomain.eu

Problem 1
I create a new user in WP and login. Then go to IPB (with this new user) and have this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchMemberData() on a non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 128

Problem 2
When you are logged off from Wordpress appears to me the white page that says "invalid" with the IPB URL: http:// forum. mydomain .eu/wordpress_sso.php?doLogout=1&session_id=

Thanks

Is there an easy way to tell? When I pull up a list of processes running for any given day, wordpress_sso.php blows away every other process on the site (www.bleachernation.com).

Thanks.

The best I can tell you is that wordpress_sso.php has been called over 15,000 times today, and my site has had only 6000 page loads. Seems like something is wrong.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a few issues with the integration, I'll do my best to explain our situation.
1) When a user first visits the forum from wordpress, they're placed into the incomplete status on IPB.
2) My account has a password with $ and ! in it, while I could login to the forum, I could not login to the admin panel even though I was an administrator until I "changed" my password by re-entering the exact same one in the admin panel via another account.
3) When trying to change my display name, I'm getting an IPB error that the user already exists. This happens when trying to change my name from "matt" to "Matt Lastname" or even to "Matt"

These are the issues I'm running into at the moment.

Thanks
Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm losing my trust in the IPB modding community, now three developers have pushed out a unfinished product then walked away. That's $290 down the drain now.

I don't see how the product is 'unfinished', there is one scenario I am aware of that causes it to not function properly - if you've installed the IPS Converters then there is a bug, which I am aware of and will push out a fix for. Also, I haven't seen a post from you saying there has been an issue, your last post was a feature request which is outside the scope of SSO? So, I'm a bit confused here..

There'll be an update out this week which rewrites how IP.Board handles the SSO, it uses a different method which should help stop some of the temperamental issues people are facing. Avatars will also be fixed, and I'm looking into the logout issue now.

I'm balancing time between this, university, and also my job, sorry I didn't respond to this topic - in all honesty it slipped my mind, this topic doesn't get checked anywhere near as much as my email (which gets pushed through to my phone the second you send it). PM/email, and you can guarantee I've seen your message, and I'll get back to you.

Finally, as for the few feature requests, please note this *is* an SSO module, it's not a data synchronization script (though admittedly it does synchronize a few things). It won't ever synchronize forum topics to WordPress posts, that's outside the scope of this.

For those that have genuine support requests, please send me a PM, or send me an email, you'll more than likely get a response within 24 hours there. Quicker than this topic anyway.

Well people couldn't login to the forums sometimes, it wasn't syncing accounts to wordpress or automatically logging them in which is why I got this, I followed the instructions perfectly and I did ask you about that and you gave feedback.

So I paid for a product, I can't use it despite following the instructions and also trying tweaking around with it. I waited around a month and a half for a fix then I ditched wordpress. So I have no use for it at all.

Then basically the same has happened with two other modifications so I don't see how I can trust buying mods from small IPB developers because there will be a big risk of it not working out in the end. Nothing personal just a business fact in my experience, several IPB developers haven't delivered the goods.

Post where I ask for help:
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340793-download-wordpress-sso-integration/page__view__findpost__p__2147066

I've purchased many things which have had support dropped, sometimes people just can't make time for it or it doesn't sell enough to be worth the time to maintain. You can't compare 3rd party to IPS, if they dropped support it would be stupid on their end - it is a different story for 3rd parties.

I've purchased many things which have had support dropped, sometimes people just can't make time for it or it doesn't sell enough to be worth the time to maintain. You can't compare 3rd party to IPS, if they dropped support it would be stupid on their end - it is a different story for 3rd parties.

Wordpress, vbulletin and other products I've not had the same experience because they have a lot more dedicated mod authors, there are some on with IPS but not as many as their should be imo.

Need more people like:
Ehren
ibEmoney
sto2000
Mike John
Dawpi
Adriano Faria

People who can constantly produce quality mods for fair prices and give good support. There is loads of mods that could be done for IPS but there isn't enough dedicated mod makers to meet the demand.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did an upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1. Uploaded contained files for both WordPress and IP board successfully, however when reinstalling the hook I received this:

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Archived