Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I would require from this mod is for it to allow you to login using IPB only and be able to post comments as your forum user with avatar on wordpress articles, without creating other accounts... Is this possible?

Syncing avatars will becoming in 1.2 (probably out around this weekend if I'm lucky). You could then turn WordPress logins off, which would do what you are suggesting.

Any chance of a 3.2 update?

This was developed on 3.2, it should automatically work.

seems like the author hasn't have time to check this thread out...

I've been very, very busy this week %7Boption%7D I'll take a look at your PM now.

General note, there will be quite a big update to this at the weekend, will improve the sync on WordPress's side using the cookies, will also add avatar support and a few bug fixes regarding taken usernames.

Well, I installed the plugin, but I can not make it work effectively. would like to take a look please.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.legendsbrasil.com.br/wordpress_sso.php?username=teste user&password=7b89c4e209076f97efc1da6611bdecc7) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/legendsbrasil/www/blog/wp-content/plugins/wordpress_ipb_sso/wordpress_ipb_sso.php on line 67

forum = http://www.legendsbrasil.com.br/forum
blog = http://www.legendsbrasil.com.br/blog

if you want to look in more detail in the administration panel data send them by pm

Well, I installed the plugin, but I can not make it work effectively. would like to take a look please.

Warning: file_get_contents(

http://www.legendsbr...?username=teste

function.file-get-contents

]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/legendsbrasil/www/blog/wp-content/plugins/wordpress_ipb_sso/wordpress_ipb_sso.php on line 67

forum =

http://www.legendsbrasil.com.br/forum

blog =

http://www.legendsbrasil.com.br/blog

if you want to look in more detail in the administration panel data send them by pm

That will be fixed in 1.1.3 (only just been informed about that issue), 1.1.3 will be out today.

Just pushed out a maintenance release as I noticed a critical bug with non-utf8 usernames, and also a few issues with the final version of IP.Board 3.2. It is recommended to upgrade to improve the stability on IP.Board 3.2. It also fixes the issue outlined above by Vixnu.

This version also defaults to email matching by default, instead of username matching.

I was looking for post/comment cross posting. For $50 you can easily replace this with IP Converge manages and integrating users/does same thing for free. Will you include cross posting/commenting in the near future? In addition, how about cross template?

I was looking for post/comment cross posting. For $50 you can easily replace this with IP Converge manages and integrating users/does same thing for free. Will you include cross posting/commenting in the near future? In addition, how about cross template?

I don't know, cross posting/commenting is a lot of work. Cross template is a definite no. This is an authentication bridge, it's up to the end user to style both WordPress and IP.Board to look the same.. not sure why a mod would do this in any shape or form.

For reference, the IP.Converge Modules don't support SSO anyway, which is the difference here. For what you're asking (cross commenting etc.), that would easily run into the $100s in terms of custom work, which just isn't practical.

Is there a way to make it so when you log in to IPB it also logs you into WP automatically?

There will definitely be a way, I've not actually been able to code since upgrading to OS X Lion until today, my development program was kicking up a fuss and they've just patched it.. I just need to look into the appropriate WordPress hook points, but it will definitely be done!

I don't know, cross posting/commenting is a lot of work. Cross template is a definite no. This is an authentication bridge, it's up to the end user to style both WordPress and IP.Board to look the same.. not sure why a mod would do this in any shape or form.

For reference, the IP.Converge Modules don't support SSO anyway, which is the difference here. For what you're asking (cross commenting etc.), that would easily run into the $100s in terms of custom work, which just isn't practical.

There is a wordpress plugin to allow cross posting/commenting:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ipb-comments-for-wordpress/

It works on my site mostly as intended but could probably do with some styling. I use that and this SSO mod.

There will definitely be a way, I've not actually been able to code since upgrading to OS X Lion until today, my development program was kicking up a fuss and they've just patched it.. I just need to look into the appropriate WordPress hook points, but it will definitely be done!

I sent you working example code via PM. Feel free to modify and include into your mod as needed. :)

This looks very promising. I wouldn't mind paying $50 if it truly works. I have spend so much moola on mods that don't work or that work but then are avandoned by the developer. I'll keep monitoring this thread until this becomes more stable. Keep up the good work!

I might use this in the future if it can sync more things like allowing wordpress articles to be posted on the forum. Comments on that article go into that topic and comments in the topic go to the article. So you only need to post on the forum or the article and you post will show on both.

Hey,

Simple question, Can i sync all my IP Board accounts to a fresh wordpress install?

Cheers

Yes you can, but do take note that a few people have asked recently: It won't sync all the accounts when you install the plugin, it just syncs members on a case by case basis when they login to WordPress for the first-time, so the registered users of IPB won't all appear in WordPress straight away, only when each member personally logs in to WordPress/visits WordPress.

I spent a few more days with 1.2, so instead of releasing it at the weekend like I said, I've put several new features in it.

1.2.0 is mainly about automatic login for WordPress, users will no longer have to re-enter their login details on WordPress, and it will automatically log them in if they are logged into IP.Board. This now means that this hook is a complete, seamless SSO integration *both* ways.

There is also a new option to sync passwords, this allows your users to share the same password between WordPress and IP.Board, if a member changes their password in WordPress, it will change their password on next login to IP.Board. And vice versa.

Please read ReadMe.html for instructions on how to upgrade, and I hope you enjoy this release %7Boption%7D Let me know of any problems you have, and any suggestions you have for future releases in terms of account sync.

EDIT: Special thanks to Dannyarr for the tips on the WordPress side of things! Much appreciated.

Do you mean that user accounts are duplicated on the wordpress site? Doesn t that mean you get two databases of users? what happens if a user is deleted in one, do they sync? how often? What about passwords or emails?

I would love to be able to have users logged in on IPB to show on WP that they are logged in like in a header bar or something but I do not want users duplicated inside the WP db I want to keep WP admins and Editors only inside WP and have comments being managed by IPB ie bypassing the commenting system of WP and use IPB's otherwise it makes two databases of the same users and gets confusing for them when they want to edit their profiles.

Just saying...

Will this work cross domain? (examples below)

www.example.com <-wordpress
www.example2.com/community <- IP Board location

Also this, basically 2 sites that share one community forum.

www.differentdomain.com <-wordpress

www.example.com <-wordpress
www.example.com/community <- IP Board location

Thanks in advance

Cirion

Ah okay, that will need setting globally too, at the moment WordPress cannot see your cookies. Cookie path set to /, I'd personally leave the other two boxes blank. (Unless you have other cookies conflicting with that already)

done that, not sure if its helped.

Archived