Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard back from AH Modding for a while either.

Anyone have a fix to this issue?

For whatever reason the Wordpress password syncs up fine to the IP.Board password, but NOT the password to change your display name. Users get an error saying that their password is not correct when even when it is.

The workaround I've found is to reset the wordpress password for the user and then let them change it. Then for some reason the "change display name" password syncs up fine.

Haven't heard back from AH Modding for a while either.

Anyone have a fix to this issue?

For whatever reason the Wordpress password syncs up fine to the IP.Board password, but NOT the password to change your display name. Users get an error saying that their password is not correct when even when it is.

The workaround I've found is to reset the wordpress password for the user and then let them change it. Then for some reason the "change display name" password syncs up fine.

I'll look into that this weekend, but the passwords can only be synced if they manually log in to IP.Board or WordPress (in other words, they don't use the automatic SSO) - SSO itself won't transfer passwords due to them being unreadable as hashes.

There's no reason to say why this won't work on 3.4.0 but I will be testing it with the new WordPress release this weekend and get back to you.

Alex, dude, our SSO is SO jacked up right now...

Never mind the last issue above, it's been really wonky for the past couple of months.

1 - Apparently impossible to log out using either WP or IPB when using Chrome.

2 - When logged out in Firefox, our forum index is automatically redirecting to our main site.

3 - The SSO functions are making a lot of calls to our system, creating excessive load on our server.

Can you please, please take a look and check it's functionality?

Let me know what info you need, and I'll happily PM it to you or discuss it via AIM.

Other oddities, which really scare the sh*t out of me...

1 - Even with both plugin (WP) and hook (IPB) disabled, folks are being redirected to WP's logged out page when logging out via IPB.

2 - With the IPB hook disabled, SSO configuration is STILL appearing in the IPB settings.

3 - I'm unable to log out in Chrome, using either IPB or WP.

4 - Our forum index is still redirecting to WP (i.e. can't get to the forum), in both Chrome and Firefox.

What is going on??

You know, this is one of those times I wish this forum would let my delete posts. :wacko:

We finally traced the problem back to WP Super Cache, and aren't having any problems with SSO being disabled since we disabled cache functions.

I'll experiment with it turned on and report back dutifully.

Ya, I'm a numb nut, humble apologies.

I've been hoping to implement SSO on a project and I purchased it in the IPS Marketplace a while back, but now it seems like the hook has been removed. Is this product no longer being supported? Also strangely any email I send to info[at]invisionpower.com or ahobbs[at]invisionpower.com seems to bounce.

We just upgraded to the latest version of Wordpress and are getting errors like this...

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.domain.com/wp-ssoapi.php?email=REMOVED&expiry=1356429760&password=REMOVED&type=logged_in) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php on line 139

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php:139) in/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php:139) in/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php:139) in/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php:139) in/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/session/ssoPublicSessions.php:139) in/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

PLEASE, please, let us know what's happening with this plugin...
We need info, or confirmation that this plugin is no longer supported.

Hoping for info myself. :smile:

Hrm, and now we can't even log into our forum as a user OR admin, we get errors like this...

Warning

: file_get_contents(

http://www.domain.com/wp-ssoapi.php?email=&username=REMOVED

function.file-get-contents

]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in

/home/user/public_html/forum/admin/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php

on line

Literally, unable to access our entire IPB admin area... Can't disable the plugin, can't manage users, totally immobilized.

Help, please!

• 2 weeks later...

SatOri,

Did you disable/remove the hooks in IPB before turning it off? Also did you delete the settings group under the Hooks tab in the System Settings? I assume what's happening is that you are still seeing log-ins and log outs calling the 'wp-ssoapi.php' file?

I'm just throwing out ideas, so sorry if you've already been through all this.

Thanks - I hadn't done that.

Actually, going into the settings - I found it was still enabled even though we deleted the hook. (duh)

Now everything there is turned off, but when I try to delete the settings I get this error:

"You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first."

All settings are "no" or "off", any thoughts on why it won't delete?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, STILL having problems and Alex has been utterly unresponsive, not so much as a clue for removing the plugin(s). :/

We're out in the wings here, stuck with a broken plugin and no support, despite having purchased this mod AND tipped on top of that.

I just want to be done with this but can't seem to purge the mod!

Thanks - I hadn't done that.

Actually, going into the settings - I found it was still enabled even though we deleted the hook. (duh)

Now everything there is turned off, but when I try to delete the settings I get this error:

"You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first."

All settings are "no" or "off", any thoughts on why it won't delete?

Try this tool http://invisionfocus.com/files/file/627-db-customization-manager/

It should find the hook data and you can delete it.

Archived