Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the missing icon, you failed to upload the image files for this as specified in the installation instructions. The /public/style_images/master/shoutbox/ folder in this app has to be uploaded to all other /public/style_images/ subfolders.

The white lines are borders that are set in the ipshoutbox.css file. Those are referenced in this post. You'd need to change them to whatever looks correct on your skin.

I know this topic is long, but it really helps if you at least skim it to see if your questions have been answered before you post. It is so long because the same 15 or so questions get asked over and over.

I'm having an issue on a few (not all) of the IP.Board 3.3.3 forums I host with the shoutbox (they're all running the latest shoutbox version). All of the settings are configured to where the shoutbox is supposed to show up on every page at the top, but it only shows up on the board index. On other pages, it's not there. I've recached skins, mods, etc and don't have any errors. Any ideas?

This appears to be an IP.Board issue, it affects other inputs besides the Shoutbox:

http://invisionfocus...-update-to-333/

If it works OK on some sites, but not others, then you likely don't have the different sites set up the same.

I think one difference is that the sites with the issue are being served by CloudFlare (CDN). 2/3 of the sites I use CloudFlare with have this issue. The other one on CloudFlare does not nor does the one served by my local server's DNS. Could the CDN have something to do with it? There are options to change how it caches and some stuff related to minifying JavaScript and CSS.

No, that's not likely. The position the Global Shoutbox hook appears on does not depend on CSS or javascript files. It merely depends on what options you choose for the hook's settings.

Although the settings for Hook: Global Shoutbox matched, I changed from Theme 2 to Theme 1 (save) and then back to Theme 2 (save) and it works now. Not sure if that implies something fishy on the backend, but all seems good now! This application is so great!

Although the settings for Hook: Global Shoutbox matched, I changed from Theme 2 to Theme 1 (save) and then back to Theme 2 (save) and it works now. Not sure if that implies something fishy on the backend, but all seems good now! This application is so great!

I am using maxcdn, have to do this sometimes.
if not using cdn I have never had to.
feels like skin setting serving older one sometimes.

Archived