Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoutbox appears, but when I try to edit group settings from the Shoutbox tab in any member group, I get this:

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking

here

When I click the refresh option, this message displays:

System Error

[#1127] You must enter a group title.

I've refreshed and recached the entire forum, but it still happens. Don't know what to do to be able to use the shoutbox.

I did. This is what it shows, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it.

Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 15:54:40 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'g_shoutbox_delete_own' in 'field list' IP Address: 216.212.232.205 - /admin/index.php?adsess=f7b64d2f801952a4366c8d7f45cd2c61&app=members&&module=groups&section=groups&do=doedit&secure_key=f98023e152d665e3cad91a4a25535c24 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: UPDATE ipb_groups SET g_view_board=1,g_mem_info=1,g_can_add_friends=1,g_use_search=1,g_edit_profile=1,g_use_pm=1,g_pm_perday=0,g_is_supmod=0,g_access_cp=0,g_title='Agent',g_access_offline=0,g_dname_changes=3,g_dname_date=30,prefix='

Here's a short version

File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications/members/modules_admin/groups/groups.php | [db_main_mysql].update | 647 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications/members/modules_admin/groups/groups.php | [admin_members_groups_groups]._saveGroup | 98 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [admin_members_groups_groups].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

Apparently the install/upgrade you did missed a database column. Make sure you have uploaded all of the files for the most recent version of this app, then visit the Database Checker page in the Admin CP, it should allow you to run the queries necessary to fix that issue.

Hey there mate.. firstly i would like to say awesome job :smile:

just a couple of questions though..,

how would i add extra tabs on the bar at the bottom of the shoutbox next to (refresh, BBCode, clear, smiles, ETC) ?

how would i add colour codes to the @ feature for example when you click the @ next to a members name, this happens http://gyazo.com/04cdb2119a14dcaadbab21416f7eed73

but when i click on my website all i get is this http://gyazo.com/5c68bc0f5c1d11adbdb1cf6b97731ae2 ?

and last question, is there any extra hooks,mods,addons for your shoutbox that i can have a look at?

kindest regards

major skillz

how would i add extra tabs on the bar at the bottom of the shoutbox next to (refresh, BBCode, clear, smiles, ETC) ?

By skinning them in where you'd want them to appear. That would be a customization to this product above and beyond what it's designed to do, so doing that would be up to you, it's not something I support.

how would i add colour codes to the @ feature for example when you click the @ next to a members name, this happens [url="http://gyazo.com/04cdb2119a14dcaadbab21416f7eed73"]http://gyazo.com/04cdb2119a14dcaadbab21416f7eed73[/url]

but when i click on my website all i get is this [url="http://gyazo.com/5c68bc0f5c1d11adbdb1cf6b97731ae2"]http://gyazo.com/5c68bc0f5c1d11adbdb1cf6b97731ae2[/url] ?

and last question, is there any extra hooks,mods,addons for your shoutbox that i can have a look at?

I've mentioned this several times in this topic, and I'll probably be removing the @ feature if I have to keep answering this. The @ feature does not, and likely will not ever, add the group formatting of the member's name into the shout.

You can search the Marketplace for the word 'shoutbox' and you might find some. I don't know what's out there, I don't really concern myself with what others make to add on to this app.

The path will vary depending on your server configuration and whether or not you have your forum in a folder at a lower level from your hosting root account, I cannot give a definitive answer that is the same for everyone. As I said, the contents of that upload folder (not the folder itself, what's inside of it) need uploaded to your forum's root directory. That is the directory where your forum's conf_global.php and initdata.php files reside. It sounds like that's probably /public_html/forums/ in your case.

The @ command doesn't use an image, it's the actual @ character that it displays. If it's not showing up on some skins, then it's because those skins customized the skin_shoutbox -> shout_row skin template. You'd be best off using the Template Merge Center to determine what changes you need to make on those skins, or asking the skin authors to fix these issues in those skins.

Then you'd probably want to do the other thing I mentioned in my post, ask the author of the skin you're having issues with.

You can also try reverting the template on the skin it doesn't work on, but doing that risks losing other customizations that the skin author may have already done to that template.

Archived