Download: [HSC] Post of the Week

HeadStand

File Name: [HSC] Post of the Week
File Submitter: HeadStand
File Submitted: 13 Sep 2010
File Updated: 31 Dec 2010
File Category: Application Modules

Upgrade from 2.x version of this mod (formerly known as [EV] Post of the Week)

- Allows Administrators/Moderators to flag a topic as a "post of the week"
- Displays X latest flagged posts at the top of the forum index
- Displays X latest flagged posts in a sidebar block

- Includes 5 System Settings (can be found under Hooks tab)
- Includes 1 uploaded source file
- Requires 1 manual template edit
- 0 manual file edits

Instructions:
- Included can be found in "PostOfTheWeek.html" file included in package

[Update - Version 3.1.2.2]
- Support for BBCode

[Update - Version 3.1.3.0]
- New setting "Show Avatar" - when enabled, includes the author's avatar in the display.

Click here to download this file

not working, when i mark a post as "post of the week" i get an ips error and also displays an error above it

Warning:  implode() [[url="http://www.XXXXXXXXX/forums/function.implode"]function.implode[/url]]: Invalid arguments passed in /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/forums/hooks/postOfWeekModerate_06bdbc34c24d30de4aee79f7ab4519a9.php on line 36

not working, when i mark a post as "post of the week" i get an ips error and also displays an error above it

Warning:  implode() [[url="http://www.XXXXXXXXX/forums/function.implode"]function.implode[/url]]: Invalid arguments passed in /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/forums/hooks/postOfWeekModerate_06bdbc34c24d30de4aee79f7ab4519a9.php on line 36

A new version is now available for download.

If you are upgrading from the previous version, all you need to do is reinstall the Hook XML. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

yeah it works now, but i dont think i will be using this yet, for 2 reasons.

1. doesnt parse bbcode in the posts.
2. there is no link to the post in the forums, i have to go and find that post myself if i want to reply to it.

also im sure there is a hook point for the button to mark as post of the week, that will remove your skin edit ;)

good work, keep it up, great to see a new modder for IPB :)

yeah it works now, but i dont think i will be using this yet, for 2 reasons.

1. doesnt parse bbcode in the posts.

2. there is no link to the post in the forums, i have to go and find that post myself if i want to reply to it.

also im sure there is a hook point for the button to mark as post of the week, that will remove your skin edit ;)

good work, keep it up, great to see a new modder for IPB :)

I can definitely take care of your 2 points. I'll try to get to it at some point this week, and I'll post here when a new version is available, so watch this topic. ;)

I have been looking at a possible hook point like you suggested, still in progress.
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to change from post of the week to post of the month?

Sure. You can modify the following language strings:
forums_public_boards - post_of_week
forums_public_forums - post_of_week
forums_public_mod - cp_pick_postofweek, cp_unpick_postofweek
forums_public_topic - cpt_pick_postofweek, cpt_unpick_postofweek

Wonder if you could add "show the picture or avatar of the member" behind the post ?

I'll add this to my enhancement list. Watch this topic for updates.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thank you! but when i'm trying to install the hook board acp says

There appears to be an error with the database.

finaly installed it after moving old version...but it doesn't shows me the post in board index and side bar. All settings are fine..

tried to put back the older version...but old one also not working now (((

very sad :( I liked that hook

now i can't even uninstall the hook settings. It always says

Inside of what :blink: ? please help.

I'm confused... why are you trying to uninstall the hook settings instead of the actual hook?

Also, can you please tell me exactly where you are getting the DB error and what the error is? I installed the hook on a brand new environment, and I'm not getting any errors at all during installation. Thanks.

I'm confused... why are you trying to uninstall the hook settings instead of the actual hook?

Also, can you please tell me exactly where you are getting the DB error and what the error is? I installed the hook on a brand new environment, and I'm not getting any errors at all during installation. Thanks.

Thank you for reply!

ok.
Here is my sad story

First I tried to update the existing version to the one you provided. After installation of hook (system>manage hooks>install new) I was getting the database message i described above....but even after that message seems like hook was installing itself becase after when I checked the hook properties it was giving me the display avatar option and i could see the new version id...But nothing reflects to my board (not showing on the side bar and nothing globaly)

Then I decided to unistall the hook...and to install the brand new version...wich was't gave me anny luck(still no reflect to SB) ..but the error message from database disapeared.

later I tried to put old version back again...but now I could not use it even....when I'm marking the post as best of the week...nothing appears on side bar and globaly. ((

Finaly I desided to uninstall the hook. Managed to unistall it from system>manage hooks>..Removed the file from folder by ftp...but can't remove the settings for hook...getting message #You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first.#
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got really excited when I saw the title, I thought it was a mod similar to one I used to use over at VB which my members loved, but sadly it isnt :(

Topic Of The Week/Month is based on a simple nomination system. Throughout the selected forums, members with adequate permissions can nominate their favorite topic by clicking on the award nomination button below the post.

The five topics with the most votes during the course of the week/month are automatically displayed on a nomination thread including a poll feature. At the end of the week/month, the first three topics with the most votes are the award winners of the contest.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184155

How to remove post of the week from forums? thnak you :)

post-191452-0-10260200-1291371183_thumb.

Well, there are 2 ways:
1. You can go to the topic, select the post, and then from the moderation options choose "Unmark as Post of the Week"
2. If you want to turn the mod off completely, go to the ACP System Settings and set the number of posts to show as 0

Archived