Download: Fusion Menu with Primary Navigation support

Mat Barrie

Small cosmetic bug: + and - buttons do not function in ACP. Since there is only one Display Menu box to check it not a big deal.

But the unchecking a checkbox does not stay unchecked (in Fusion Menu app - ok in member permissions).
Initially these did not work in the app edit - but after trying the member permissions it started to work.
+ and - buttons still do not work though.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!

Is this a global view permission, or can we select which group can see which menu?

You select which group sees which menu items. When you initially run the 1.0.5 upgrader, it will add default view permissions for all groups.

Small cosmetic bug: + and - buttons do not function in ACP. Since there is only one Display Menu box to check it not a big deal.

But the unchecking a checkbox does not stay unchecked (in Fusion Menu app - ok in member permissions).

Initially these did not work in the app edit - but after trying the member permissions it started to work.

+ and - buttons still do not work though.

I'm using the IPB standard permission matrix, so I'll look into whether I've missed some JS or something.

Note for upgraders: you can now delete the file "public/js/ips.fusionmenus.js" as well, the app will now load "public/js/fusionmenu.js" instead. And it works for both IP.Board and IP.Content pages with board wrapper.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want permissions on a drop down menu.

This has had so much put in it since I had it made, that I wont be able to upgrade now, because I don't want any of that crap in it. I can understand maybe a dropdown for Admins, ah well that's my point, hopefully Mat you are keeping a copy of the Main Menu Template mate.

Can you PM me as well mate, are you converse with IP Content because I would like my website and forum joined through it, can you give me a price as I am useless with it, I have tried to use it, but without a manual that you can ref to when creating its no good to me. I have the IP Content licence.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want permissions on a drop down menu.

Well for me they are handy to create hidden menus for admins etc, and guests could have limited options with links to just the forum etc. I suppose it's up to the individual user, but personally permission options make life easier for me.

This has had so much put in it since I had it made, that I wont be able to upgrade now, because I don't want any of that crap in it. I can understand maybe a dropdown for Admins, ah well that's my point, hopefully Mat you are keeping a copy of the Main Menu Template mate.

Can you PM me as well mate, are you converse with IP Content because I would like my website and forum joined through it, can you give me a price as I am useless with it, I have tried to use it, but without a manual that you can ref to when creating its no good to me. I have the IP Content licence.

Can't understand why anyone would want that either - but yet people do. Odd. I do keep the entire application in source control though, so I can rip out features from custom branches easily. I may actually branch the code to remove permissions from a fork of it.

PM conversations drive me insane (honestly, the PM system is terrible for actual conversations, and the new notifications system makes reading the PM a multi-click affair) - can you flick an email through to sales@fusiondigital.co.nz and we can go over your request?

Can't understand why anyone would want that either - but yet people do. Odd. I do keep the entire application in source control though, so I can rip out features from custom branches easily. I may actually branch the code to remove permissions from a fork of it.

PM conversations drive me insane (honestly, the PM system is terrible for actual conversations, and the new notifications system makes reading the PM a multi-click affair) - can you flick an email through to [email="sales@fusiondigital.co.nz"]sales@fusiondigital.co.nz[/email] and we can go over your request?

Ok Mat will do mate %7Boption%7D

Okay, I will bite....

I use permissions extensively in my drop down menus and it makes perfect sense.

You have permissions on your index page? Well on a larger site it makes sense to extend this.

I have a guest menu dropdown, where guests are encouraged to register or login etc. Members do not see this.

I have a menu item for our Gold Membership signup page, which is hidden for Gold members (no point in trying to encourage them futher) instead they get a link to their special forum.

I have menu items for moderators, staff and admins (different links to hidden forums)

I also have menu items for individual clubs and groups - so a fan of a x club will see their own dropdown with links just for them promoting parts of the site that they would be interested in.

So to say nobody would be interested in permissions is crazy. You make any system work for you. Yes I accept on a small forum it might not matter so much, but with 25-50,000 page views a day and up to 1,500 online (30 minute period) you need a decent menu system.

Sadly I cannot use this one to automate bits yet, as as far as I know the menu is placed above the _top which means anyone returning to top will not see the menu, now to me that is crazy ;) (not offence Mat :) )

Okay, I will bite....

I use permissions extensively in my drop down menus and it makes perfect sense.

You have permissions on your index page? Well on a larger site it makes sense to extend this.

I have a guest menu dropdown, where guests are encouraged to register or login etc. Members do not see this.

I have a menu item for our Gold Membership signup page, which is hidden for Gold members (no point in trying to encourage them futher) instead they get a link to their special forum.

I have menu items for moderators, staff and admins (different links to hidden forums)

I also have menu items for individual clubs and groups - so a fan of a x club will see their own dropdown with links just for them promoting parts of the site that they would be interested in.

So to say nobody would be interested in permissions is crazy. You make any system work for you. Yes I accept on a small forum it might not matter so much, but with 25-50,000 page views a day and up to 1,500 online (30 minute period) you need a decent menu system.

Sadly I cannot use this one to automate bits yet, as as far as I know the menu is placed above the _top which means anyone returning to top will not see the menu, now to me that is crazy ;) (not offence Mat :) )

Then if someone requires that kind of upgrade they should pay more than $15.00, as I would class that as excessive as it would need a completely different mod, not just you but anyone, when this mod was released after I had it made, it was a nice easy simple mod that filled a niche for a menu that was missing in IPB Board and to stop people scrolling to view the board as you know mine did, I tried my best to do it and did some but could not finish it, so I asked Mat to do it for me as a paid mod, and I said he could release it, now everyone is not satisfied with it, they want more, but for the same price.

Mat must like spending his time updating this to these specifications for nothing, I know I certainly would not.

Then if someone requires that kind of upgrade they should pay more than $15.00, as I would class that as excessive as it would need a completely different mod, not just you but anyone, when this mod was released after I had it made, it was a nice easy simple mod that filled a niche for a menu that was missing in IPB Board and to stop people scrolling to view the board as you know mine did, I tried my best to do it and did some but could not finish it, so I asked Mat to do it for me as a paid mod, and I said he could release it, now everyone is not satisfied with it, they want more, but for the same price.

If a mod author wishes to write in suggestions that is up to him/her, especially when those suggestions add to the value of the product that is up to him.

And no it is not a different mod LOL

It is a sad day when people cannot make suggestions.

And yes, I can now purchase as to me, permissions are important.

Mat must like spending his time updating this to these specifications for nothing, I know I certainly would not.

That surprises me not....

Mat must like spending his time updating this to these specifications for nothing, I know I certainly would not

That surprises me not....

And my meaning for this is that there are loads out there wanting the most for nothing, or everything for nothing.

Next time I have a mod made I will not allow it to be released at all.

Well you have had your say as usual, now leave it at that.

Surprisingly, yes. I'm a software developer and I do rather enjoy what I do. I also welcome the opportunity to fiddle with different features of frameworks (such as permissions) which I may not otherwise get to use. As I did mention though, I put a lot of extra work into abstraction, so features like permissions can be, if undesirable, removed on an individual basis (fun fact, it would take only 5 file edits in 2 files to strip out permissions completely). And don't forget that the code is still viewable source, so anyone could modify their copy to suit their requirements (I'm surprised how many people actually bought just on a moral basis because of that alone!)

Encoding is the scurge of any board mate, and if your fair with them they are fair with you. I hope you do well with it buddy %7Boption%7D

Any one who wishes can see what it looks like. As you can see mine is to the left, and I have made it integrate into each of my skins, through the CSS file.

Archived