Download: Fusion Menu with Primary Navigation support

Mat Barrie

Just register on the forums and send us a ticket, we'll sort out your access. Only major versions (1.0 -> 2.0 for example) have upgrade fees (and they're only something like $3 anyway) and only ones from AFTER we clarified the policy (we don't think it's fair to charge upgrade fees to people who thought there weren't any).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you're only needing the "Primary Navigation" function then for your forum MycoQuebec. Basically, you just go into Settings, and set "Enable Header Menu" to "No" and set "Enable Primary Navigation" to "Yes". Optionally, you can also select "Erase IPS Navigation".

Then, you just use the "Manage Primary Navigation" area to set up the menu. Send us in a ticket if you need any help with that :)

OMG I never tought it could be that simple, never!

I'm very satisfied. It makes the edition of the menu so simple. I spent way too much time trying to learn all the css stuff with ipboard just to make a decent editable menu.

Well worth the money, especialy with the good service!
Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1.3 is now available. This one fixes all the current bugs I'm aware of, and finally lets you add icons to primary navigation. Looks quite good in my opinion - just make sure you get the images the right size.

This is the last 1.1.x release - the next is v1.2 which I'll talk more about later. We're going to be working on improving our product delivery mechanism before then - the current method involving IP.Downloads and groups is pretty rough.

There is a problem after upgrade. I see this at the top of my forums.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/forums/hooks/globalPrimaryNavFusionMenu_6bf71a4944863f3c8f292f539b558a76.php:2) in /home/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/forums/hooks/globalPrimaryNavFusionMenu_6bf71a4944863f3c8f292f539b558a76.php:2) in /home/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/forums/hooks/globalPrimaryNavFusionMenu_6bf71a4944863f3c8f292f539b558a76.php:2) in /home/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/forums/hooks/globalPrimaryNavFusionMenu_6bf71a4944863f3c8f292f539b558a76.php:2) in /home/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/forums/hooks/globalPrimaryNavFusionMenu_6bf71a4944863f3c8f292f539b558a76.php:2) in /home/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

Mat - How does this handle SSL? I have my login set to use SSL and I've noticed that since enabling this, firefox is telling me that not everything is encrypted anymore over the connection and I can't find anything other than this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.dudegroup.net/community/public/js/fusionmenu.js" charset="UTF-8">

where it is loading something on the wrong protocol.

Is it possible to incorporate a check for whether it is being served via SSL (and build the HTML script call accordingly) so it doesn't tip off the security notices?

We're in "feature freeze" for v1.2 as the 1.1.3 release announcement mentioned, unless there's a showstopper bug. Be aware that I do have to carefully balance the needs of customers with primarily desktop browsers and those with mobile browsers - so I can't just rush and create something that isn't optimal for as many people as possible. I'm hoping you can understand the predicament that places me in there.

It's actually using the IPB "board url" method to spit that out. I'll see about having it check the current protocol and spitting out the right one.

Upgraded to 1.1.4, and it appears to still be breaking the "everything is secure" seal by loading the JS via http: rather than https:
I can't find anything else other than the fusionmenu.js in the SSL media or page source that is not fetching via SSL. Any ideas?

(should be able to see/reproduce here)

Archived