Download: Fusion Menu with Primary Navigation support

Mat Barrie

I can look into that. For now, we just check whether the current app is the one the tab is pointing to, but I think it probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch to find some way to identify the selected page.

I'll see what I can get put together.

Awesome ... and thanks for the quick reply ...

I'll definitely be looking it to other mods that you offer as its quite obvious you do quality work and do an a great job with your support system ... I already have my sights set on your iContact mod ... can't wait for its release :thumbsup:
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's because "Help" is a special case like "Members". I deliberately didn't write special case handling into the software, but if there's enough demand for it then I guess it's possible I could do something like that.

Also, for those interested in having tabs show active which reflect a page in IP.Content rather than the app itself, take a look at this thread for another user's solution to that: http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/topic/31-ipcontent-active-pages/. We're considering the possibility of something like that making it into the core for 1.2.

Yeah, that's because "Help" is a special case like "Members". I deliberately didn't write special case handling into the software, but if there's enough demand for it then I guess it's possible I could do something like that.

Not a problem in my case ... was just an observation and I figured I'd mention it

Also, for those interested in having tabs show active which reflect a page in IP.Content rather than the app itself, take a look at this thread for another user's solution to that: http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/topic/31-ipcontent-active-pages/. We're considering the possibility of something like that making it into the core for 1.2.

I checked out that link Mat ... and I looked through all the scripts and couldn't find any references to the functions they had posted.

Any suggestions?

alredy set to yes, if i set to no i get the rest of the links but if i set to no i only get the forums and membership links plus the ones i have manualy added in the mod.

sounds to me like you have another navigation mod installed .. or have edited your skin in some fashion ....if you never installed another navigation mod, I'de suggest testing on the default IPB skin (making sure the globaltemplete has been reverted)

sounds to me like you have another navigation mod installed .. or have edited your skin in some fashion ....if you never installed another navigation mod, I'de suggest testing on the default IPB skin (making sure the globaltemplete has been reverted)

That worked thanks for your help.

One thing i have noticed is if you have a drop down option and you click on the header title it takes you to the last page viewed. This is fine when using a PC with mouse over used to drop the box down but when you are on a mobile device you have to click on the header. Is there anyway we can have it so you have to click on the header to open the drop down box?

Paul

I checked out that link Mat ... and I looked through all the scripts and couldn't find any references to the functions they had posted.

Any suggestions?

The file in question is in the /hooks folder of your board. File name will be the same as mentioned in the thread. Just remember to open in a tool that recognises Unix line breaks like Wordpad or Notepad++ on Windows. You'll be fine on Unix/Linux/BSD or Mac OS with any tool.

AWESOME MOD. I am soooo happy with this purchase. :wub:

Glad to hear it!

That worked thanks for your help.

One thing i have noticed is if you have a drop down option and you click on the header title it takes you to the last page viewed. This is fine when using a PC with mouse over used to drop the box down but when you are on a mobile device you have to click on the header. Is there anyway we can have it so you have to click on the header to open the drop down box?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the request. I'm assuming you mean that if you have a menu called "Forums" and under that menu you have "Members" and "Blogs", you want to have to click on "Forums" to get to "Blogs"? Although my other question is what do you mean "on a mobile device you have to click on the header"?

sorry will try and explain a little better:-

I currently have several new links in the navagation bar some with dirct url links like "forums" "portal" etc and some with drop down boxs. The direct liks ones work fine because if you click on forums it takes you to the forums page etc. If i hover my mouse over the drop down ones the box drops downs and i can click on the new link and works fine. The problem is on my Iphone and other mobile phones. pda's etc you havent got the option to put the mouse over the drop down box. So when you click on the link instead of it opening the drop down box it links to the last page that was being viewed. Is there a way you can set it so when you click on the link it opens the box?

Also a couple of other issues

1. cannot get icons to display in navagation either top links or drop down boxs. Using .png files
2. If you have IP chat installed and you have the Chat Tab Count
Shows the number of chatters on the 'chat' tab installed it doesnt work and causes a error in IE, FF does not display the error but still does not show number of chatters.

Thanks for your help

Paul

For the chat, that's an easy fix - I just need to use the same format as IPS does for the element IDs. Expect a fix to that shortly. Yay hardcoding (IPS, not me).

Icons should display in the dropdown menus. They wont display for primary navigation headers for the reason I posted in your other thread :).

I can see your issue with the dropdowns and I'll see what we can do.

The file in question is in the /hooks folder of your board. File name will be the same as mentioned in the thread. Just remember to open in a tool that recognises Unix line breaks like Wordpad or Notepad++ on Windows. You'll be fine on Unix/Linux/BSD or Mac OS with any tool.

Thanks for the response. I found the file and made the suggested edits, and it does resolve the issue ... but for those who do this method as well ... keep in mind when creating your link you must provide the entire link and not just a /index.php?whatever and the link itself must be formatted as index.php?/page/pagename and not index.php?app=ccs&section=page&id=pagename

Thanks again Mat for all your help ... awesome mod with excellent support !!!!

I have another challenge for you Mat ....

would it be possible to tie other IPC pages that you dont have in an actual link for .. to a specific root menu...

for instance say you have a page that requires an ID to be viewed and its impossible to provide an actually link in your primary navigation (i.e. www.yourURL.com/index.php?/page/pagename?id=whatever) ....

could it be done by possibly making it a subnavigation to a specific root using just the page name (i.e. www.yourURL.com/index.php?/page/pagename) but leaving viewing permissions set to no group so it doesn't show in the dropdown itself, but yet highlight the root navigation its tied too?

could it be done by possibly making it a subnavigation to a specific root using just the page name (i.e. www.yourURL.com/index.php?/page/pagename) but leaving viewing permissions set to no group so it doesn't show in the dropdown itself, but yet highlight the root navigation its tied too?

No. The permissions transform removes any menu items you don't have permission to access from the array entirely. The hooks don't even realise you have menu items that you don't have access to.

Bear in mind that the URL doesn't have to be specified in the specific way you describe, rather that it must be specified in he way your forum is configured to parse FURL links for IP.Content pages.

No. The permissions transform removes any menu items you don't have permission to access from the array entirely. The hooks don't even realise you have menu items that you don't have access to.

Yes I know as its currently designed that way...that was more of a proposed method of achieving the suggestion

Bear in mind that the URL doesn't have to be specified in the specific way you describe, rather that it must be specified in he way your forum is configured to parse FURL links for IP.Content pages.

That's what I was trying to articulate (though rather poorly) ... The actual URL shown in the IP.Content (in the 2.0.x series) admin area doesn't result in a tabbed menu (as they no longer provide the FURL during a page creation) where the FURL for that specific page will, with the previous mentioned fix in place of coarse :P . Now the older release (1.x.x) does provide a FURL on a page creation so I wouldn't foresee the end user of this mod getting confused and saying the tabbing fix doesn't work as intended...but with the newest version I could see that happening so I thought it would be good to mention it.

So back to the concept I proposed earlier...do you think that something like that is possible..if so I know quite a few of my clients would most likely be interested in purchasing this mod for their site. Most of my clients can barley operate an admin panel let alone make script or template edits...this mod purchase was for one of my clients actually and not for my personal site, though after playing with it and seeing the support offered, I will be buying it (and your contact mod once its released) for my personal and business sites as well (when I can actually get the free time to work on my sites that is LOL).

I'll think about the best way to implement it. It's probable that I might add the ability to set "trigger URLs" on root menus that cause the menu to appear as active if any of them are the current one. I don't want to include that until I get caching implemented though, as we're currently achieving everything with one SQL query per page load, and I don't want to balloon that. I'm very conscious of server load for customers.

I'll think about the best way to implement it. It's probable that I might add the ability to set "trigger URLs" on root menus that cause the menu to appear as active if any of them are the current one. I don't want to include that until I get caching implemented though, as we're currently achieving everything with one SQL query per page load, and I don't want to balloon that. I'm very conscious of server load for customers.

I completely understand, as I try to keep mine to a minimum as well when creating pages for my clients sites.

Thanks again for looking into the matter, and the quick response :D

sorry will try and explain a little better:-

I currently have several new links in the navagation bar some with dirct url links like "forums" "portal" etc and some with drop down boxs. The direct liks ones work fine because if you click on forums it takes you to the forums page etc. If i hover my mouse over the drop down ones the box drops downs and i can click on the new link and works fine. The problem is on my Iphone and other mobile phones. pda's etc you havent got the option to put the mouse over the drop down box. So when you click on the link instead of it opening the drop down box it links to the last page that was being viewed. Is there a way you can set it so when you click on the link it opens the box?

Also a couple of other issues

1. cannot get icons to display in navagation either top links or drop down boxs. Using .png files

2. If you have IP chat installed and you have the Chat Tab Count

Shows the number of chatters on the 'chat' tab installed it doesnt work and causes a error in IE, FF does not display the error but still does not show number of chatters.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Did you manage to think of a way around the link problem?

Paul

Archived