Download: Fusion Menu with Primary Navigation support

Mat Barrie

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as the custom skin does not attempt to write out the body tag without the ID, should be fine. Test it and see. I have it working on tons of Skinbox's skins with no problems.

Excellant its skinboxs skins i have installed, warrior and also surface.
Thanks for clearing that up for me mat , i will purchase in a minute. :)

I have a couple of questions for you before I make a purchase.

1. How many skin edits and/or files edits are needed?
2. Do you plan to include per menu item restrictions, i.e so that we can create a menu item that only mods or admins can see etc?
3. Will there be an option added to position the menu items to the left as well as the right etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, this is definitely not the way IPS is fixing the skin overloader bug, but you can do this until 3.1 comes out:

In /admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php, find this line (approximately line 3035):

$thisContents = str_replace( "(~id~)", "_{$id}", $thisContents );

and add below:

if ( $classname != '' ) $thisContents = str_replace( $name."_{$id}", $classname, $thisContents );

Really considering getting this later today - I read through the tread but I did not see any reply Mat to submenus - is this possible and is there a demo with this working if so? If not is it something in the future that could be implemented?

Also if you purchase this will the license be good for all future updates to IPB and this menu system? Thanks

Really considering getting this later today - I read through the tread but I did not see any reply Mat to submenus - is this possible and is there a demo with this working if so? If not is it something in the future that could be implemented?

Also if you purchase this will the license be good for all future updates to IPB and this menu system? Thanks

1. Not yet, but planned
2. Yes, with the exception of major rewrites (for example huge changes to IPB Framework such as the 2.3 to 3.0 change) which might require a small upgrade fee.

1. Not yet, but planned

2. Yes, with the exception of major rewrites (for example huge changes to IPB Framework such as the 2.3 to 3.0 change) which might require a small upgrade fee.

Thanks Mat for the quick response - I was pleased with your answer and kept to my word about purchasing this mod. I have to say that I am EXTREMELY pleased and happy to have this mod and I look forward to the future updates - Hope you stick with the submenus because eventually my list on some of these will outgrow themselves.

For those of you wanting to check out demos - You can view my board at BattleStrats Forums. One thing that I did not even realize was the fact that it does allow for Icons which I love. You will also notice that we did do some very easy changes to the CSS that took less than 5 min. We switched out colors to fit our layout, and bolded the text to make it stand out more. I still have a few more items to add later tonight and tomorrow, but you can get a clear view from the setup already.

I highly recommend this to anyone considering a purchase - Setting up menus was a breeze and easy for a noob like me to understand. Installation was painless. Thanks so much Mat and I look forward to future updates :wub: http://www.battlestrats.com/forums

When u iron out the bugs with warrior would you mind sending me a PM so i can purchase the mod Mat?

Thanks in advance ;)

Ok, well I'm afraid there's not much that I can do as the author of the modification to support the skins with a fixed header bar. You'll need to either tweak the CSS yourself or with the assistance of your skin author, or you can ask your favourite skin author to provision a fusionmenu.css with their skin (as they do for blog, etc) - any legitimate skin author who wants to support that option can feel free to contact me and I can provision them with a license at no charge.

(Flip side is that for skins which I already have, I can try to sort you out with the required custom CSS myself - for now that's just Skinbox skins as I choke on the non-availability of skin site subscriptions)

An update is now available, v1.0.5, which adds the long awaited permissions support. Download from http://community.fus...sion-menu-v105/ (you'll need to be logged in and have your account upgraded, as mentioned earlier in this thread).

I've tested it, but I strongly suggest you give it a whirl on your dev board before upgrading production boards. You should be doing this for all mods anyway, but just in case...

Archived