Download: Fusion Menu with Primary Navigation support

Mat Barrie

I had the same problem I ended up disabling the hook 'Fusion Menu Primary Navigation'.

Odd, I did two installs on test boards - then I installed to my live site and got that error.
AND it deleted my ibf_fusion_menus table in the db! So I had to import a copy.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same problem I ended up disabling the hook 'Fusion Menu Primary Navigation'.

Odd, I did two installs on test boards - then I installed to my live site and got that error.

AND it deleted my ibf_fusion_menus table in the db! So I had to import a copy.

Yes, the issue was with primary navigation - there was a small bit of whitespace (lord I hate PHP sometimes - this error should have come up when I upgraded our live forum!) which caused that. The SQL issue would only have occurred for new installs (and has been fixed).

You can redownload the latest version from http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/files/file/8-fusion-menu-v110/ - if you haven't already just register with the same email as your purchase email and we manually upgrade your account.

Yes, the issue was with primary navigation - there was a small bit of whitespace (lord I hate PHP sometimes - this error should have come up when I upgraded our live forum!) which caused that. The SQL issue would only have occurred for new installs (and has been fixed).

You can redownload the latest version from http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/files/file/8-fusion-menu-v110/ - if you haven't already just register with the same email as your purchase email and we manually upgrade your account.

Many thanks for the fast diagnosis and fix!

Just a note, I have tested with IPB 3.1 and the product works without any issue with it. In fact, we recommend it - it fixes all of those pesky hook bugs.

I wouldn't recommend enabling the Primary Navigation Eraser without enabling the Primary Navigation Menu though.

%7Boption%7D2010-06-02_2218.png' alt='' class='ipsIm" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="433">

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D2010-06-02_2219.png' alt='' class='ipsIm" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="316">

This is a fresh 3.1 install and it's not working. Any ideas?

I see what's happened there. It's something we honestly didn't expect anyone to do - the JS is only loaded if the header menu is enabled as well as the primary navigation. I'll release 1.1.1 tonight to fix that since I can see there might be reasons someone might prefer just to use the primary nav only.

Well how do I hide the regular nav and replace with with the Fusion Menu version? Because that "erase" settings doesn't appear to do anything? Per my screenshots, I had it enabled (right?) and I only added that one menu and it was still there, and the one menu I added showed up in a weird spot (rather than as the first or last item). Any ideas on that? %7Boption%7D

Edit: You know, you could code the menu to not need javascript. %7Boption%7D

v1.1.1 is now available. It fixes that secondary nav JS doesn't work without header menus enabled, and also incorporates the "open in new window" that's been sitting there making the software equivalent of rude gestures at you.

Sounds good. Haven't played with it yet, but purchased it and wanted to note something that was inconsistent. Though the release notes shows the correct version, the Installation html file in the zip still shows it as being 1.1.0. fyi.

Question also - if it relies upon javascript to produce the menu, what happens if people don't have JS enabled?

I tried to sign up for an account on your site and it said my email was banned. Do you not accept gmail email accounts? I am a customer. :)

Make sure you are on the regular site and not the support site.
I purchased it and then went to the support site and tried to login with my credentials and it told me my info was wrong, but then going to the regular site it was fine.

Yes, the support system is not integrated, and anyone who bought before 31st May doesn't have the autocreated accounts you new folks have. I also block Gmail from being manually registered as Gmail is 99.9999999999% of all spammers. The auto-registration system can create accounts for Gmail folks just fine.

The Javascript is only required for the dropdown menus. If you never add menu items below the root, you could quite possibly never add the javascript without any trouble. For users without JS if you have menu items below the root, the menus will all appear expanded when the site is visited. This is preferable to the user never being able to reach the menu items, though it's certainly not aesthetically optimal.

I'd forgotten the installation.html had a version number in it. I'll fix that at some point (it's not blocking).

Chris: Can you fill in a ticket at http://support.fusiondigital.co.nz/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit&step=1&departmentid=11 with the details? I'll need to take a look at your config to answer why that woud happen after a 1.1.1 upgrade.

As a side note, possible bug.. On my forums.. /index.php?app=members goes to the users profile.
By default the link should be /index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list

Easy fix with manual link, but perhaps should be fixed in the modification as well.

I encountered that too Chris. When you pick "Application: members" it links to what Members considers its default page - for some reason that's the member profile. To do what you're asking would require dropping in special "overrides" for certain apps, which is something I'm not comfortable doing unless there's clear demand for it.

If you'd like us to look into the menu not hiding please do drop us a ticket. We do nuke all the access details you provide us once the ticket is resolved, by the way.

Is there a way to center the global menu on the screen?

~Shawn

Just go to your Look & Feel - choose your skin - select the CSS tab.
Then open fusionmenu.css and change the css for #primary navigation to whatever you like.
Be sure to clear your browser cache and/or do a hard refresh.

Archived