Include 'last build date' on the Downloads page

Michael

Since it often happens that a new version gets released, some bugs slip through the testing process and a new build of that version needs to be uploaded to our client centers, I think it would be very helpful if the Your Downloads page where we download our copies of the software showed the date (or some other such indicator) of when this particular version was last uploaded. Maybe a build number there would be a good idea instead?

I'm just thinking of all of the topics we get where folks talk about bugs they have that have already been fixed, but they might not necessarily have known the version was rebuilt.

Great idea!

While downloading 3.0.2 i wasn't sure if i have to upgrade the addons (gallery, blogs, donloads) too and dind't find buildnumbers :) (so to be sure, i downloaded them all - the right decision :) )

Also, posting the build-numbers bugs are fixed in makes things easier for staff and customers :)

This would be useful information, I concur. Saves you from having to dig through the forums (and/or tracker) to hunt for a post to see if the build has indeed been updated. I believe 3.0.2 has been updated at least twice now since its initial release.

..Al

[quote name='AtariAge' date='07 August 2009 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1249653517' post='1839899']
I believe 3.0.2 has been updated at least twice now since its initial release.

..Al

Three times by my count. Yesterday in the afternoon, again in the evening, and Matt again this AM.

Probably just me but besides build number & date but it would seem good for the CC to know what build your forum has: Not all clients are probably as good with forums as others. Something like a table with: One column for: Current build [such as what [b].Wolfie[/b] had in mind] . . .(as of that day(?)), date it saw release, (two columns?), and another set for what build your forum has, if the Client Center can tell that, and one for the date that saw release.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DawPi' date='19 August 2009 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1250725189' post='1846559']
This is in CA already: http://www.invisionpower.com/index.php?appcomponent=downloads&showfile=205 :)
[/quote]
You have to know how to get there and it's not part of the file name when you download it so you have no way of knowing which build you have on your drive.

Archived