How to install Sphinx with IPB

Andrew.S.

Hi

I am logged in ? However i cannot view such topics like "How to configure Sphinx", "how to develop hooks etc"

Are perpetual license holders entitled to view such articles. If not! i think it will be unfair since we are still active license holders :)

If you can access the IPB resource forums on this site, you should be entitled to access IPB sections on the resource site. If you haven't already, try logging out and back in (as that is when permissions resynchronize) and if that doesn't resolve the problem, submit a ticket.

I have been just told after submitting ticket that Perpetual License holders with expired support cannot view articles. :(

I feel sad that, if we are allowed to download the software, we should atleast be allowed to view articles regarding its configuration like

[*]How to develop Hooks [*]How to Skin etc

Is anyone from Management listening :)

[*]How to Install Sphinx

I pay for subscriptions, so I am not affected, but if I buy a product that contains perpetual access to ugprades, I would expect perpetual access to the documentation as well so that I know how to use the features of these upgrades.

If I don't pay for the support option then I would not expect support interpreting that documentation.

• Management

In all fairness, there is nothing stopping you from downloading all the resource articles while you have access and make your own offline archive. If you want access to the customer forums, resources articles and support then you just need to pay the $30 renewal for another year's access. :)

[quote name='Andrew.S.' date='31 July 2009 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1249057885' post='1836096']
But seriously, do you see this ethical not to provide Documentation to the software for which i have download rights ?

I can understand other things but not providing Documentation is strange IMHO.

Just keep in mind that the articles on the resource site are NOT the official documentation for IP.Board or any other IPS, it is merely a wiki that is user-editable by ANY other customer. The official documentation *I believe* you have access to still, even if you don't have an active support license (I could be wrong on that though). The point is, the articles on the resource site aren't the documentation, therefore your argument is totally invalid.

[quote name='pollywogs' date='31 July 2009 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1249067573' post='1836210']
Just keep in mind that the articles on the resource site are NOT the official documentation for IP.Board or any other IPS, it is merely a wiki that is user-editable by ANY other customer. The official documentation *I believe* you have access to still, even if you don't have an active support license (I could be wrong on that though). The point is, the articles on the resource site aren't the documentation, therefore your argument is totally invalid.

This is correct.

The "official" documentation is not ready/has not been posted. The articles on the resource site are helpful tips and developer-based tutorials. i.e. "resources" that we are providing, free of charge, to those with active licenses.

When the official documentation is available, I would imagine it will be posted on our main website and available to all who have ability to download the software. Our documentation for 2.x, as I recall, was available to everyone, whether you had a license or not.

Hi

Since IPB is now on 3.0.2 and with improved SPHINX functionality, i request, someone from staff, can atleast post a article accessible to all on using this functionality. What use is a functionality when many don't know how to use it :)

Archived